Kolb looked at times like he was trying to complete passes to the water cooler

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Bruise Brother, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Bruise Brother

Bruise Brother Free Agent

I can't post links because I am a newb - but it looks like Kevin Kolb is not off to a great start in Buffalo...

nfl dot com

2. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

3. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

Better than Skelton throwing passing to the beer man in row 27 :D

Kolb had a bad TC last year, yet was productive until injuries killed his season...which IMO was always his issue.

4. Goldfield

Goldfield Formally known as BEERZ

That guy is like fools gold. He shows flashes and then a whole lot of crap.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. moosehead

moosehead Registered

Wow - that's a surprise... We never noticed that here...

6. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

An important point about the comments regarding not reacting well to pressure is that while there was pressure, they are not hitting him.

7. Cardiac

Cardiac Registered User

I agree. We did go 4 -0 with him as our QB and that's when the Oline was playing it's worst. Thing is most/all of us were sure his concussion issue would be his undoing but the dude took multiple huge hits and he didn't have any recurrence of the head injury.

I'm thrilled we have moved on from Kolb because he can't seem to stay healthy but his QB play was many levels better than Bones, Hall, Lindley etc.

8. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

He only started 5 games last season. Only played start to finish in 4. I still believe he has a propensity for concussions. Most people were thinking it would be like 4-5 games or so before he got another one, but that it could happen at any time of course.

Overall his body fails him in other ways about as often as he gets concussions. In the end his last play seemed like a relatively light takedown that jacked up his ribs majorly. I also have a hard time believing that it healed out of place and it is somehow structurally sufficient to take an NFL pounding.

We'll see, and thankfully he isn't our problem anymore. Don't wish the guy bad luck or anything. Hope he does good and redeems himself. Just don't think his body will allow him to, and while he was better then our other QB's, he too was missing receivers an average QB shouldn't. He did enough to win, and so for all the crap we had to deal with as fans at least he gave us that 3 1/4 game stretch.

That said, Manuel has a good shot to start, so as a potential backup who might not see the field much he may be ok and not get injured. If he starts I suspect his head and chest are still major red flags.

9. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Dunno about all that. His completion percentage was 5.4 points higher than Skelton and 4.2 points higher than the team average. His sack percentage was double anyone else on the team put up.

Skelton and Lindley were pretty awful last year, but the 4-0 garbage (which was really 4-2, but why let the truth get in the way of a good narrative) is more about the performance of the defense than it is anything special from Kolb. Just like Skelton in 2011.

I'm just glad the whole mess is behind us.

10. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Bye Bye DJ

This says it all. It was a nightmare that I will never forget. From the Matt Leinart preseason debacle through the horrendous and humiliating finish last season. Look at the guys who actually started for the Cardinals during this stretch: It was historically bad by league-wide standards.

11. ChicagoCardsFan

ChicagoCardsFan Free Agent

I got a ton of flack for saying the Cardinals should have gone with Orton. I have to think the results would have been better.

12. Goldfield

Yea Kolb was so bad at times. Then he would look good just before getting hurt.

You said it. Glad that whole mess is in the past.

13. Goldfield

I was on the Orton bandwagon also. He would of been much better and cheaper than Kolb. But with our oline it may not have mattered who was back there.

14. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Which Kolb was it who started against St Louis and Buffalo? And the line always looked its worst when Kolb was in... its not a coincidence. Kolb was just as wretched as the rest, they were just each their own brand of horrible.

15. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

Let it go.

They both sucked.