Koetter gets extension

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Are you two having a conversation with each other convincing yourselves UA's football history is not good. I dont think anyone is disagreeing with you. Tomey was just above mediocre and inconsistent (Much like Bruce Snyder) and then a terrible Mackovic era set the program back 5 years. So basically you guys are crowing about your Kush teams and his success twenty years ago. Great. Takeout Mackovics tenure and we have had a comprable recent history the last couple decades.

Hey.. ASU DID beat Michigan in the '87 Rose Bowl under John Cooper, who followed that win with a trip to Ohio State where he would later **** the bed for the rest of the decade against the Buckeyes.
:wave:

Ok.. Had to do it :lol:

Reaction score
BillsCarnage said:
And then..

WTF are you talking about?? Now you're twisting words around motard. It's a fact that Dean is coming to ASU now.

Yeah, good call on that one, Carnage. How'd his visit go? Oh, I forgot that ASU isn't interested in 4-star wide receivers because they are stacked at that position (and every other position). :)

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
No offense meant, but why would anybody quote Hansen??? Does anybody in this world hope to become Hansen? I'm pretty sure everybody on this site could write better articles than Hansen(and yes, I include every ua poster in that statement)...

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
ASU gained the commitment from 4-star recruit and 25th ranked JUCO player in the nation, Justin Tryon a defensive back from College of the Canyons. I believe ASU is a finalist for the 4-star and number 15th ranked JUCO player and #1 JUCO reciever, Wide Reciever Devin Thomas and lead big for 4-star JUCO WR Angelo Richardson. The recruits are starting to come, be patient.

Last edited:

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
ASU just picked up their 13th commitment, 3 star recruit Lance Evbuomwan, the 31st ranked TE in the nation. A few more should fall within the next few days, keep posted...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I can understand getting a guy here and there, but Koetter and Stoops' reliance on JUCO guys is going to get them in trouble. JUCO players rarely make impacts at the college level and when they do it's only for two years. I'd rather have a talented high school kid that will spend four years and maybe five learning the system and hitting the weight room than a a JUCO kid who will be in and out in two years.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I can understand getting a guy here and there, but Koetter and Stoops' reliance on JUCO guys is going to get them in trouble. JUCO players rarely make impacts at the college level and when they do it's only for two years. I'd rather have a talented high school kid that will spend four years and maybe five learning the system and hitting the weight room than a a JUCO kid who will be in and out in two years.
Out of UA's 19 commitments so far, only 4 are JUCO transfers.

PHXviaDTW

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

Generally, coaches that sign numerous JUCO kids are a bit desperate or need to make an immediate splash....rather than build, as you said, for the long term.

That said, I'd wait until the signing date to be overly concerned about either Koetter or Stoops.

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
At a position like Defensive Back, a JUCO player will definately have more of an immediate impact than a highschool kid that will redshirt and have to learn to adjust to the speed of college. At least in JUCO talent you have someone that has played at a much faster level than highschool, and with spring practice will be ready to step in and get some PT. ASU needs help at the cornerback position, and a player like Tryon could be a huge addition.

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
The Sun Devils gained another commitment from 3-star JUCO recruit Garrett Judah, 6'4" 235 lb linebacker from Butte College. ASU now has 15 commitments

PHXviaDTW

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DevilPrideBAS said:
The Sun Devils gained another commitment from 3-star JUCO recruit Garrett Judah, 6'4" 235 lb linebacker from Butte College. ASU now has 15 commitments

Of the 15, do we know how many are JUCO and how many are high school?

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
PHXviaDTW said:
Generally, coaches that sign numerous JUCO kids are a bit desperate or need to make an immediate splash....rather than build, as you said, for the long term.

That said, I'd wait until the signing date to be overly concerned about either Koetter or Stoops.

Gotta disagree on this one... In Stoop's case, he's bringing in JC players (and the best ones at that...) to start helping now while the younger guys get ready to star in a couple years. He wants to win now and JC guys will help in that regards...

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

I agree with your assesment, although there are exceptions...Teams have to fill voids, if they are obvious...The quickest way to do this is with JC transfers...Both ASU and UA are showing huge areas of weakness...I know that ASU's weaknesses are on D, and I think that UA has weaknesses on both sides of the ball.

JC's are hit and miss, and I hope that the # of ASU recruits on the D side of the ball increase the chances of the D immediately improving for ASU...And I'm sure the UA fans feel the same about their team. I guess time will tell...

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
ASU received two verbal commitments this weekend. The first is from Quarterback Danny Sullivan out of Los Gatos, CA. Sullivan threw for over 2500 yards and 24 touchdowns in his senior season. The second pledge is from 4 star and #32 juco player in the nation, WR Angelo Richardson out of Santa Rosa Junior College. Richardson was Sam Keller's favorite target in highschool and chose ASU over a scholarship offer from Southern Cal. ASU now has 17 total commitments for next year with 4 of them already signed as JUCO mid-year transfers. Go Devils.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'm excited about Angelo Richardson. He runs like a 4.3 40 and he's big. He could be the burner we need to help spread the field. Just thinking about this offense is making me salivate:

QB Keller
RB Herring, Nance, Torain, Burgess
HB B Biller
TE Z Miller, Guthrie, J Lewis
WR T. Richardson, A. Richardson, R. Burgess, J. Lewis, N. Kimbrough

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
That offense has the potential to be the best in the country. I have a feeling that T-Rich is going to do big things next season. He will be the man at receiver and will "wow" crowds. Angelo and Keller already have chemistry as they balled together in high school. I also think it is a great move to put Rudy Burgess back at wide receiver and let Keegan carry the load. Our D-Line will be vastly improved as well with the three transfers becoming eligible to play: Loren Howard, Tranell "Tree" Morant, and Michael Marquardt, playing alongside Kyle Caldwell and Jordan Hill. Im exctited as hell for next season. Go Devils

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
My bias against JUCO players withstanding, if USC offered this kid as they supposedly did there must be something good about him.

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
The Sun Devils received a verbal from Ryan McFoy, 6-2 190 4.5, a safety out of Chino, CA. His older brother is Chris McFoy WR on Southern Cal. ASU now has 19 total commits.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
DevilPrideBAS said:
The Sun Devils received a verbal from Ryan McFoy, 6-2 190 4.5, a safety out of Chino, CA. His older brother is Chris McFoy WR on Southern Cal. ASU now has 19 total commits.

Just some info on this kid... ictureGallery.aspx?PlayerId=69639&Title=Ryan%20McFoy","PhotoGallery","height=450,width=550,statusbar=no,location=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,resizable=yes"); }
You must be registered for see images
Ht: 6-1 Wt: 190 40: 4.5
Position: DB Projected as: S Position Rank: 47Year: Class of 2006High School: Chino Senior HS
(Chino, CA)

Biography:2005 - High School Football:
The younger brother of USC receiver Chris McFoy, Ryan is a good-sized safety prospect from Chino High. Teamed with UCLA-bound Shawn Oatis to form one of the best safety tandems in the West.
Final senior stats: McFoy finished his senior season with nearly 200 tackles, five interceptions (two for touchdowns), three fumbles caused and two fumbles recovered.
Academics: "I have a tough schedule this semester (first semester, SR year)-- Government, English 12, Algebra II and a couple of honors classes -- but I believe I can do it." McFoy's current average is a 2.4/700 SAT. McFoy: "I know where the ball is at all times. I have good speed and never let people behind me. I'm raw and like to be everywhere. I do whatever I can to help my team win. I want to work on my footwork, especially my backpeddle and cutting ability. That way I'll be able to stay with the receiver better."

Schools of Interest:SchoolInterest LevelOffer?Attended Camp?Visit DateSigned LOI?
Arizona State Verbal Yes 10/28/2005
Oregon No Interest No 01/20/2006
USC No Interest No
01/13/2006
Utah No InterestYes 12/17/2005

Last edited:

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
YIKES! Is that good enough to get admitted?

What's funny is that with a 2.4 gpa and 700 SAT score, he says he has "a couple honors classes he's going to be taking". Eh????