Kobe Bryant Dead: Helicopter Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe we need to separate Kobe the celebrity from the family man and friend.

Do you? Because you seem to be doing the exact opposite. You are taking his "will do win" on the court and somehow deciding that his drive to win NBA titles also means he willing to literally get people killed just to shave some time off his arrival at a childrens game.

Stop with this trash, wait until something official comes out.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Oh, you missed my point. I didn't say that he pressured him to fly.
Rather, that he evidently did not instruct him to turn around.

WUT?

Have some context, man.

Have you ever flown in any aircraft at all?

First off, most luxury aircraft windows are highly tinted. Second, with all the people in the back, do you REALLY think Kobe would be worrying about the weather outside rather than say, having conversations with the people around him?

He probably didn't even know that they were in trouble until the heli made the abrupt maneuver to try and miss the mountain. A pilot isn't going to sit there and announce that he's in trouble to his passengers, except for maybe warning them to brace themselves for a maneuver.

You're ridiculous.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get the idea there were 8 other people on the helicopter. It doesn't take away the fact that Kobe and his daughter were on the copter either. No one was denying they weren't. People feel like they knew Kobe from his play on the Lakers and that affected a lot of people. I don't understand the backlash for the out pouring of grief over Kobe's death. It's like saying, hey when Jesus died there were two other guys on crosses that day!
Oh lord you just equated Kobe with Jesus. This is officially insane.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the idea there were 8 other people on the helicopter. It doesn't take away the fact that Kobe and his daughter were on the copter either. No one was denying they weren't. People feel like they knew Kobe from his play on the Lakers and that affected a lot of people. I don't understand the backlash for the out pouring of grief over Kobe's death. It's like saying, hey when Jesus died there were two other guys on crosses that day!

are you f'n kidding me? you just compared Kobe to Jesus.

that's just as beyond comprehension stupid as BC blaming Kobe for murdering everyone... including his daughter.

people on both sides need to get a freaking grip at this point.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, you missed my point. I didn't say that he pressured him to fly.
Rather, that he evidently did not instruct him to turn around.

A play on words to win a debate doesn't override the loss of lives.
The result of a blanket of fog speaks for itself.

I am not obsessed with anything. I am giving my opinion about who
had the opportunity to save lives. It was either Kobe or the pilot.
And evidently, neither did. If either had, it wouldn't be an issue.

I am looking at the humanitarian side of it. Even on a sports board.
You want me to stop thinking about the victims? No!

This is ridiculous. The pilot is in charge of the helicopter. Flight decisions are his alone. Now you're implying the crash happened because one of his passengers didn't instruct him about what to do? Let it go.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
To the person who finds it appropriate to lay the blame of this tragedy at the feet of Kobe, here is a solid recap of the day. Where... how, should we find blame with Kobe? I think anyone who chooses to attach blame for this tragedy to Kobe, is simply and certifiably, insane...

Kobe Bryant was a living legend. In his final hours, he was an ordinary dad and friend https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/02/us/kobe-bryant-final-hours/index.html

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
are you f'n kidding me? you just compared Kobe to Jesus.

that's just as beyond comprehension stupid as BC blaming Kobe for murdering everyone... including his daughter.

people on both sides need to get a freaking grip at this point.
Nice try. You knew what I meant. :lame:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Do you? Because you seem to be doing the exact opposite. You are taking his "will do win" on the court and somehow deciding that his drive to win NBA titles also means he willing to literally get people killed just to shave some time off his arrival at a childrens game.

Stop with this trash, wait until something official comes out.
My post was in support of the one that pointed out that comments from across the country have been questioning the same points I've
brought up. It is topical! And it belongs on a sports board. This is the Arizona Sports Fans Network, not L.A.

carrrnuttt said:
First off, most luxury aircraft windows are highly tinted. Second, with all the people in the back, do you REALLY think Kobe would be worrying about the weather outside rather than say, having conversations with the people around him?

He probably didn't even know that they were in trouble until the heli made the abrupt maneuver to try and miss the mountain. A pilot isn't going to sit there and announce that he's in trouble to his passengers, except for maybe warning them to brace themselves for a maneuver.

You're ridiculous.

Do I "REALLY think Kobe would be worrying about the weather outside rather than say, having conversations with the people around him?"

That is a naive post. The "people around him" was the pilot in the cockpit, as I previously posted. They were separated from the passengers
in the cabin by two hinged doors. I did the research, did you?

https://www.globalair.com/aircraft-for-sale/Specifications?specid=341

And, as far as Kobe not knowing they were in trouble, both the Police and Sheriff departments grounded their helicopters because of the
dense fog. Which both Kobe and the pilot disregarded. That is hardly the same as "worrying about the weather". It is disregarding the
authorities. And look at the results. It would be a shame if future flyers don't learn from this episode. Which is why people speak out on
formats such as this.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
My post was in support of the one that pointed out that comments from across the country have been questioning the same points I've
brought up. It is topical! And it belongs on a sports board. This is the Arizona Sports Fans Network, not L.A.

Do I "REALLY think Kobe would be worrying about the weather outside rather than say, having conversations with the people around him?"

That is a naive post. The "people around him" was the pilot in the cockpit, as I previously posted. They were separated from the passengers
in the cabin by two hinged doors. I did the research, did you?

https://www.globalair.com/aircraft-for-sale/Specifications?specid=341

And, as far as Kobe not knowing they were in trouble, both the Police and Sheriff departments grounded their helicopters because of the
dense fog. Which both Kobe and the pilot disregarded. That is hardly the same as "worrying about the weather". It is disregarding the
authorities. And look at the results. It would be a shame if future flyers don't learn from this episode. Which is why people speak out on
formats such as this.

Done my research?

Weren't you the one who just "reported" that Ara was flying with Kobe for the first time?

SECOND, do you have ANY clue what a pilot is involved with, especially flying VFR??

He'd have his headset on and will blatantly ignore his passengers as he'd be busy paying attention to his terrain and listening to his comms and instruments. He obviously fell short of his mission, but those thin doors might as well be ten feet of steel, as preoccupied Ara would have been.

I have family that has owned and rented private aircraft for various reasons and I have flown in a few. It doesn't matter how important a passenger is, the first-chair pilot is ALWAYS the captain up in the air. I have been lucky enough to be allowed to touch the stick a couple of times in my life. What's YOUR background?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When you make that analogy it is you literally equating Kobe with Jesus. When you say “it’s like” that means you are equating distance in importance/celebrity/notoriety/whatever between one guy (Jesus/Kobe) and other people (those who died on the copter/those others hung on the cross). You’re grouping them. I get the point you were trying to make, but when you use such ridiculous hyperbole, don’t be surprised to get called out on it.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done my research?

Weren't you the one who just "reported" that Ara was flying with Kobe for the first time?

SECOND, do you have ANY clue what a pilot is involved with, especially flying VFR??

He'd have his headset on and will blatantly ignore his passengers as he'd be busy paying attention to his terrain and listening to his comms and instruments. He obviously fell short of his mission, but those thin doors might as well be ten feet of steel, as preoccupied Ara would have been.

I have family that has owned and rented private aircraft for various reasons and I have flown in a few. It doesn't matter how important a passenger is, the first-chair pilot is ALWAYS the captain up in the air. I have been lucky enough to be allowed to touch the stick a couple of times in my life. What's YOUR background?

I’m a former private pilot...single-engine and VFR only. I’d flown the Cessna 152 and the Remos GX light sport.

This post is spot-on. That is all.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I’m a former private pilot...single-engine and VFR only. I’d flown the Cessna 152 and the Remos GX light sport.

This post is spot-on. That is all.

Funny enough, a single-engine Cessna (not sure of model) was probably the very first plane I remember flying in. I was about five, and it was my grandpa's. I remember it was white, with green stripes.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is closed. I understand that passions run hot when someone passes but it's really disappointing how people have used this tragedy as a way to grind an axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose