Knicks @ Suns game thread 1-26-18

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I see one more Knick fall down on a foul I am going to go wacky.

I guess it's time for the Suns to practice flopping.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The referees are letting this game get away... actually they let it get away.

The Suns are upset at the one-sided foul calls.

Booker ejected with his second technical foul after he shoved Kanter who reportedly was doing some talking.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns uniforms might also read lost Suns tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danuel House hits a 3 point shot while falling out of bounds. LOL

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Knicks 107 - Suns 85

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
OT - Boogie Cousins just tore his Achilles, out for the year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cousins was having a great season. Unfortunate if true.

This does not help his cause as he is a free agent this summer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From ESPN.

An MRI was imminent Friday night, and is fully expected to confirm the initial diagnosis of an Achilles tear.

Cousins suffered the injury with about 15 seconds left in Friday's 115-113 win over the Houston Rockets.

"We're scared about it," Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said after the game. "I feel horrible for him. Everything that he's done, and what he's tried to do for us this year and what he's made himself and the improvements in all areas that he's made on and off the court, has just been great. I don't want that to happen to a guy that's trying to better himself."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22228947/demarcus-cousins-new-orleans-pelicans-achilles-injury

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Ugh! He had been putting up some monster games. That's brutal. I know the guy has a bad reputation, but it seemed like he was starting to turn it around.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
This team is starting to become unwatchable again. Way to many lazy turnovers, hero ball, Bender looking like a scared little kid and Book/Chriss/Jackson bitching on every single play. :'(

Booker at point is not good he needs to be looking to score and not be the one setting up others, since all they want to do is give it back to him.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This team is starting to become unwatchable again. Way to many lazy turnovers, hero ball, Bender looking like a scared little kid and Book/Chriss/Jackson bitching on every single play. :'(

Booker at point is not good he needs to be looking to score and not be the one setting up others, since all they want to do is give it back to him.
Agree, agree, agree and AGREE. DBook, when it comes to playing the Point, should not be considered anything different than a Shooting Guard who can facilitate.

I wonder why Jay Triano indicated that Canaan would be starting at the Point vs. the Knicks, then pulled a switch to Booker. That doesn't instill confidence in the players or the fans. Canaan is clearly the best choice to start at Point Guard at this time.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker gets bypassed for the all-star game in spite of numbers beyond others chosen. Ulis demoted from the starting line up. Booker having start at a position that is not his natural position. Refs calling a horrible game. Losses piling up. Not a good night for Book.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bordow said on twitter that the change in the starting lineup with Booker at PG has more to do with the lack of production from the other PG's than anything else. I think Triano is just trying to shake things up and I can't blame him for that but moving our best player from his natural position to another where others have had trouble producing isn't the best move. Let Booker be Booker and make adjustments around him. I would have preferred to see Daniels tried at PG than Booker sliding over, with Booker and Daniels sharing PG duties.

The Suns need help at PG though and I wouldn't be surprised if they make a move to acquire a veteran PG for the remainder of the season. It wouldn't be made to help the team win as much as it would help make Triano's job a little easier and allow everyone else to play at their natural positions. I'm not sure who is available but even Ronnie Price would playing time if he were here based on how our other PG's are playing. Ulis should be brought off the bench regardless at this point. He's proven he can't be our starting PG and if he has a future with this team it's as a backup PG so might as well get him used to playing that role.

Here's Bordow's tweet...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In case the tweet doesn't load....

"Again, I know everyone is going nuts about Booker move but this is more a reflection of what the Suns aren't getting out of that position than a future positional move for Booker."

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree Poop King just like the Hornets say they want to trade Kimba. Just to shake the tree, Charlotte has won two straight. Sadly nothing will help the Suns at this point.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'm getting a little ticked at Triano for not developing Peters - either give him a spot in the rotation or keep him in the G league. I'd say the same about Reed but maybe he needs a slow rehab. We have 240 minutes to spend per game, and the highest priority is to develpe young players. Hopefully while they are adjusting to the league, they'll help with our draft slot. Time in the GL might be good for Bender and Chriss, too.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I like the idea of sending Dragan down there to be aggressive on offense. Get some positive experiences. Know that you can put up twenty or thirty.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of sending Dragan down there to be aggressive on offense. Get some positive experiences. Know that you can put up twenty or thirty.

Do you really think he could do it... at least consistently. I have my doubts even about twenty points a game.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
18-20 ppg would be good. Thirty sometimes...
If he were a Wing. But the only two NBA calibre players on the roster are Wings.

Bender as 7-foot C or PF needs to provide so much other than 20-30 ppg.