Knicks @ Suns Friday game thread 5-7-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheese, if it's so important to not face the Lakers in the first round (which i've agreed to twice) because we'd likely get beat (aka "eliminated") then my point is made -- we've been playing intense, must-win games to secure the top seed --the top seed in the league, which is a major accomplishment in itself worth playing with full intensity for

and it's a straw-man argument to say because i'm celebrating great wins under playoff-like intensity i'm "bizarrely ignoring what every great nba player" said.

not that you care, but petty nit-picking turned me off to posting here before and it will only take a little more to drive me away for good

just say the word, you or hoop or steph and i'm gone

Good grief dude. People are going to disagree about things on this board. You’re saying things I disagree with so I’m saying so. That’s what happens on a message board. You’re also distorting what I’m saying.

like this:

and it's a straw-man argument to say because i'm celebrating great wins under playoff-like intensity i'm "bizarrely ignoring what every great nba player" said.

I think last nights win was a great win. I have no problem with you celebrating it. I loved it too. That said, I don’t think beating a 5 seed in the East though prepares us for the playoff intensity of a defending champion Laker team that if healthy has one of the most stacked teams ever.

Hell, even Booker has said he knows the intensity in playoff games is going to be higher and he’s never even played in one.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Good grief dude. People are going to disagree about things on this board. You’re saying things I disagree with so I’m saying so. That’s what happens on a message board. You’re also distorting what I’m saying.

like this:

I think last nights win was a great win. I have no problem with you celebrating it. I loved it too. That said, I don’t think beating a 5 seed in the East though prepares us for the playoff intensity of a defending champion Laker team that if healthy has one of the most stacked teams ever.

Hell, even Booker has said he knows the intensity in playoff games is going to be higher and he’s never even played in one.
It's no question the Knicks wanted to beat us badly last night. Julius Randle was talking about it before the game. And the Knicks play a style we will see in the playoffs. How is that not a good tune-up for what playoff basketball will be like? I don't care if it's regular season or playoffs, the OT in Cleveland and the 4th quarter last night showed a championship level we don't see often from the Suns. The only thing they have to do is sustain it. And a lot of that comes from the Suns themselves. We haven't more than 2 games in a row in 4 months. Any team we face will have to beat us 4 times, and we are the best road team in the entire league. That's got to count for something.

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
cheese, you've posted here 65,000 times over 18 years. you know that calling someone's post "bizarre" is the same as calling it stupid and them stupid. no one comes here to be aggravated. i won't

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
cheese, you've posted here 65,000 times over 18 years. you know that calling someone's post "bizarre" is the same as calling it stupid and them stupid. no one comes here to be aggravated. i won't
This is simply not true. A post can be bizarre without the poster being bizarre. That's like suggesting that if I don't support your comment than I don't support you as a human being.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is simply not true. A post can be bizarre without the poster being bizarre. That's like suggesting that if I don't support your comment than I don't support you as a human being.

a head scratcher for me too. Is that an insult also? To say something is a head scratcher?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
no, it's nothing like saying "if i don't support your comment then i don't support you as a human being"
both of which you both might call "bizarre" and a "head scratcher -- which, yes, is also insinuating it's stupid

and, btw, i absolutely believe that last night's games did "compare in intensity in any way shape or form" to a playoff game
-- even more intense than some playoff games
-- and some basketball greats might agree (Eddie Johnson for one)

how about that for bizarre, head-scratching stupid?

or as the admin suggested a few weeks ago about some Booker criticism, maybe it belongs in that "clown-shoe" thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, it's nothing like saying "if i don't support your comment then i don't support you as a human being"
both of which you both might call "bizarre" and a "head scratcher -- which, yes, is also insinuating it's stupid

and, btw, i absolutely believe that last night's games did "compare in intensity in any way shape or form" to a playoff game

how about that for bizarre, head-scratching stupid?

or as the admin suggested a few weeks ago about some Booker criticism, maybe it belongs in that "clown-shoe" thread

Head scratcher means you don’t understand something.

That is insulting? Come on, dude.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's no question the Knicks wanted to beat us badly last night. Julius Randle was talking about it before the game. And the Knicks play a style we will see in the playoffs. How is that not a good tune-up for what playoff basketball will be like? I don't care if it's regular season or playoffs, the OT in Cleveland and the 4th quarter last night showed a championship level we don't see often from the Suns. The only thing they have to do is sustain it. And a lot of that comes from the Suns themselves. We haven't more than 2 games in a row in 4 months. Any team we face will have to beat us 4 times, and we are the best road team in the entire league. That's got to count for something.

Nobody said it wasn't a good tune up for the playoffs but to say playing in games like that equal actual playoff experience is ridiculous. No matter how intense a game is or how much an opponent wants to beat us, a regular season game is still a regular season game. I'm glad the Suns don't have a cakewalk into the playoffs because a lot of the primary guys lack real post season experience and these tough matchups keep us from coasting.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not the same subject but announcers do that all the time. Whether they are right or wrong, who knows, but they are always saying things like "it's only the 2nd game of the season but they're playing with playoff intensity.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would be bizarre if @mjb21aztd posted in complete sentences and didn't reference getting stoned. Am i calling him stupid, somehow? Absolutely not. I think his posts bring a nice levity to game day threads.

Lighten up and quit trying to read into things that aren't there. We're all here to talk basketball, right? We won't agree all the time and that's a good thing because this board would suck if everyone agreed about everything.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nobody said it wasn't a good tune up for the playoffs but to say playing in games like that equal actual playoff experience is ridiculous. No matter how intense a game is or how much an opponent wants to beat us, a regular season game is still a regular season game. I'm glad the Suns don't have a cakewalk into the playoffs because a lot of the primary guys lack real post season experience and these tough matchups keep us from coasting.
Nobody said anything about “actual playoff experience”. This isn’t about whether a game is a playoff game or not, it’s about HOW the game is played.

Like it or not, for the Suns especially, these games ARE tuneups for the playoffs, so the tougher they are the better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody said anything about “actual playoff experience”. This isn’t about whether a game is a playoff game or not, it’s about HOW the game is played.

Like it or not, for the Suns especially, these games ARE tuneups for the playoffs, so the tougher they are the better.

I know you didn't but....

we do have playoff experience now
the past couple of weeks have been like playing through
and winning
2 rounds of the playoffs

and the bubble was a round last year

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing you are referencing someone I have on ignore. LOL

I thought the same when I saw your reply. Click the see ignored messages or whatever is says in the bottom right. You'll see why this debate has taken up more space than it should.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing you are referencing someone I have on ignore. LOL

yeah, there’s a whole conversation that’s gone on far too long for those who have certain peeps on ignore.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yes, "announcers do it all the time" and i did it. it IS exactly the same subject.
they were trying to emphasize how exciting the game was
to maximize the enjoyment
so was i
get the hell over it and stop thinking of creative ways to insult people
and then be further insulting by making up lame excuses for your terminology
and calling them over sensitive (i.e. a baby)

none of us here or in front of the microphones really knows what the hell we're talking about anyway
i was just making conversation.
what you're doing is b*ll busting
-- for the "sport" of it

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
and chaplin, how many times are you going to remind everyone that you have me on ignore and think it's "LOL" funny and cool?

but, of course, you can't answer that, LOL

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol ok I'll stop mentioning bong celebration till first poff win