Knicks @ Suns Friday game thread 3-4-2022

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cam Johnson has more Win Shares than Booker & Ayton, a higher Box Plus/Minus than Booker, Ayton & Bridges and a higher VORP than Bridges and Ayton. Chris Paul is still #1 in all 3 categories.
I'm not much for statistics I just like the way it sounds when we disembowel our opponents.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
great win. even greater opportunities:

Cam P would never have gotten 16 assists without Paul being injured. it forced him to play Paul's role.

Cam J would never have gotten 38 points if Booker played.
indeed, it may have taken Cam another couple of years with Booker on the court playing the go-to role.
again, we will get this ring thing done if Booker sticks to what he does best
-- as a role player instead of trying to be "the man."
you know the cliches. they all apply...
* let the game come to him
* take what the defense gives him
* trust his teammates
* the whole is greater than the sum of this team's parts

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love you Cam. And I will forever be sorry for my comments on draft night.
Not me, I've got nothing to retract when it comes to Cam. Now Bam, that's a different story. It seems like a couple hundred years ago when I insisted Ayton was on a different level than Adebayo. DA is making me look dumber every day.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me, I've got nothing to retract when it comes to Cam. Now Bam, that's a different story. It seems like a couple hundred years ago when I insisted Ayton was on a different level than Adebayo. DA is making me look dumber every day.

If Ayton played up to anyone's expectations from the lottery drawing then we'd be in really good shape, or even better shape. It seemed like a pipedream that we'd get the #1 pick to take him. I know Luka was discussed but Ayton seemed to be the consensus #1 pick all the way up the lottery drawing. Then a lot of second guessing was done as far as considering Luka at #1 but it wasn't a knock on Ayton so much as guessing Luka would be more impactful.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Ayton played up to anyone's expectations from the lottery drawing then we'd be in really good shape, or even better shape. It seemed like a pipedream that we'd get the #1 pick to take him. I know Luka was discussed but Ayton seemed to be the consensus #1 pick all the way up the lottery drawing. Then a lot of second guessing was done as far as considering Luka at #1 but it wasn't a knock on Ayton so much as guessing Luka would be more impactful.
If he played up to our expectations pre-lottery, this team would be talked about amongst the best of all time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coby White has never had a night like that either.

"Woooooooooooooow... that's love!"

Coby knew what a great player Cam was before any us did.

Wild that Coby is now a struggling back up and Cam is a guy that we are stressing how big his next contract will be.

This summer the Suns should offer Cam the same deal they gave Bridges.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked Coby White in that draft. I wasn't against Cam, I knew nothing about him and figured JJ and crew did their due diligence scouting him.

I really wanted White though and was bummed we didn't get him. I thought he'd be a great combo guard to pair with Booker and also be instant offense off the bench, being the 3rd guard in the rotation, sort of like Barbosa was for us years back. When Chicago got him, I figured he'd be Ben Gordon 2.0.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson started his NBA career later but the Rashard Lewis comparison is very close.
I don’t see that either. Lewis was 6’11 and also could use his height for post play mismatches.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see that either. Lewis was 6’11 and also could use his height for post play mismatches.

I liked that version of Rashard Lewis but I thought he became mostly a shooter later on.

Maybe they can meet in the middle as Lewis started his career at 19 and Cam Johnson started at 23.

I think Cam is closer to 6'9" and Lewis was nearer 6'10."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What about Reggie miller?
He doesn’t quite have the running through screens and popping on the turn that Reggie did, but I think it’s starting to develop some. Not as quick as Reggie, but maybe a thicker Reggie eventually. He’s really developing a terrific all around game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose