Knicks @ Suns Friday game thread 3-4-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday the Suns play the Knicks before heading out on the road for three games.

They play @ Bucks on Sunday, @ Magic on Tuesday and @ the Heat on Wednesday.

Knicks are 25-37 and 1-9 in their last ten games. Ironically their one win came at the Warriors

Suns are 50-12 and 8-2 in their last ten games. Their win over the Trail Blazers on Wednesday broke a two game losing streak.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and ESPN.

Start time is scheduled for 8 p.m. Arizona time.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At this point I'm thinking we split the next 4 games.
and I would be ok with that, considering the competition although we owe the heat a little payback for the thumping we took at home against them. 3-1 would be better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point I'm thinking we split the next 4 games.
and I would be ok with that, considering the competition although we owe the heat a little payback for the thumping we took at home against them. 3-1 would be better.

The back-to-back with the Heat on the second night will be especially tough.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns will get a look at Miles McBride. I still think he will be good given time to develop.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns will get a look at Miles McBride. I still think he will be good given time to develop.

Thibs is notoriously impatient with young players. Looking at McBride's stats, it seems pretty that in what limited NBA playing time he gets he is forcing things big time. His G League stats are bonkers, 29 points per game and shooting 53% from 3 on huge volume, along with nearly 9 assists per game.

Maybe if Thibs gave him a bit more rope he would blossom, but he has been putrid in his extremely limited NBA minutes. Kid needs to relax and Thibs needs to give him more defined minutes... it's not like the Knicks have anything to lose.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns

Wantin to see holiday cam bridges ayton ball

Least suns snapped 2 gm losin streak last n

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thibs is notoriously impatient with young players. Looking at McBride's stats, it seems pretty that in what limited NBA playing time he gets he is forcing things big time. His G League stats are bonkers, 29 points per game and shooting 53% from 3 on huge volume, along with nearly 9 assists per game.

Maybe if Thibs gave him a bit more rope he would blossom, but he has been putrid in his extremely limited NBA minutes. Kid needs to relax and Thibs needs to give him more defined minutes... it's not like the Knicks have anything to lose.

I haven't seen much of McBride since college because he has played very limited minutes. Particularly what I like is his effort on defense. The rest of his game should come together with more playing time. He can do just about everything

It's perplexing the Knicks haven't played him much because that is a position of need.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to look up to see if Julius Randle has been injured since he hasn't received much discussion this year after being a dark horse MVP candidate last season. Surprisingly though he's been healthy, he's just fallen back to who he was.

He did sign a hefty extension during the offseason, 4 years $117 million, which I'm sure New York regrets now. At least the Knicks aren't like other teams though and worry much about cap space or luxury tax.

Last year was definitely the outlier. Almost all of his numbers are back to where they were 2 years ago, his 3pt shooting, rebounding, scoring. His overall FG% has really dropped off.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not unexpected but Devin Booker remains OUT for Suns.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we just resting Book? This situation makes me wonder. I am ok with it if we are.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we just resting Book? This situation makes me wonder. I am ok with it if we are.
Your question then raises another question: is Chris Paul's "injury"just a way to rest him up for the playoffs? Or will it be used for that purpose?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it's for real. I don't think the Suns would rest Booker for something as serious as as COVID.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your question then raises another question: is Chris Paul's "injury"just a way to rest him up for the playoffs? Or will it be used for that purpose?

I agree the rest for Paul and Booker is a good thing especially if Paul comes back early enough to prepare for the playoffs.

As for the reasons they are out, I think are legitimate especially since Paul has a history of hand injuries.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
magic number drops again, grizz and GS both lost last night. so far since Paul has been out we actually gained on our lead.
See, I knew trading for CP was a dumb idea.

Oh and thank the scheduling Gods for giving us the healing ointment known as the Blazers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns should win this game.

They need to, because we are not beating Millwaukee.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns should win this game.

They need to, because we are not beating Millwaukee.
Even without Book and CP3 the Suns can still ball with most teams.
If we take care of the ball and have a good shooting night we ... could, possibly, maybe beat the Bucks.
Suns by 13 v Knicks
Cam J goin for 25 + tonight

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We win tonight’s game and I’ll become even more optimistic about our chances after throwing myself into the pit of despair when Paul’s injury was announced.

That roadie might not be pretty, but we’ve already somehow bettered our 1 seed in these first four games and GS still has a really tough schedule coming up and the Grizz ain’t catching us.

Also, talking to my Dad about Paul’s injury and seeing all odds and commentators saying we’re still the team to beat give me confidence that Paul has a good shot to come back in time for the playoffs.

Also, even though Ayton’s D has dropped since the break, his offensive game gets better and better. Ite will be big to be able to dump to the big man in the playoffs.

Can’t remember the last time I was excited for a CP3/Booker-less game but that last thrashing gave me the feels for the future of this season again.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We win tonight’s game and I’ll become even more optimistic about our chances after throwing myself into the pit of despair when Paul’s injury was announced.

That roadie might not be pretty, but we’ve already somehow bettered our 1 seed in these first four games and GS still has a really tough schedule coming up and the Grizz ain’t catching us.

Also, talking to my Dad about Paul’s injury and seeing all odds and commentators saying we’re still the team to beat give me confidence that Paul has a good shot to come back in time for the playoffs.

Also, even though Ayton’s D has dropped since the break, his offensive game gets better and better. Ite will be big to be able to dump to the big man in the playoffs.

Can’t remember the last time I was excited for a CP3/Booker-less game but that last thrashing gave me the feels for the future of this season again.
Honestly Winning ALL the time gets boring after a while. lol
I'm having fun watching the boys figure it out.
CP3 will be back for the playoffs, ready or not.
Good thing is he can improve his off hand ball skills and can still do cardio etc so coming back wont be so hard.
I expect he will have an amazing left hand floater by the time this is all over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obi Toppin (hamstring) is QUESTIONABLE.