Knicks @ Suns 3-6-19

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker looked great out there. I really like that Oubre and Johnson contributed quite a bit. Ayton was not great, JJ was off, and Bridges never got into a rhythm of any sort due to constantly being in foul trouble, but they found a way to win.
Book played SG tonight and let TJo play pg.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well I watch the games, and I also think Jackson is awful.
I don’t think he’s awful. I do think he’s incredibly inconsistent and not a great teammate, though.

As the 4th pick, he should be doing a lot more. Now, he’s trade bait imo.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s awful. I do think he’s incredibly inconsistent and not a great teammate, though.

As the 4th pick, he should be doing a lot more. Now, he’s trade bait imo.

He's not given us anything near what you'd expect from the 4th pick but I think he'd be even more of a bust as trade bait. I think we're stuck with him until he either finally starts playing well consistently or we give up on him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not given us anything near what you'd expect from the 4th pick but I think he'd be even more of a bust as trade bait. I think we're stuck with him until he either finally starts playing well consistently or we give up on him.
He will be gone this summer.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If he’s not, the Suns should think long and hard about picking up his option for the season after.

Jackson is an awful lot like Archie Goodwin and players like that don’t make it far in the league.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe but IMO if that happens it will be for his attitude or off court behavior not his actual basketball performance. If they like his behavior (including work ethic), I think he's shown more than enough to warrant keeping him. If they have concerns about his behavior, he's shown more than enough to justify parting ways.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've never seen a fanbase flipflop on a player like some here do regarding Jackson. He was leading this team and looked great while Booker was out and everyone seemed to comment on how this is the Jackson that we hoped to see but he struggles a little coming off the bench and now we should decline his 4th year option or dump him for peanuts this summer? He was the #4 pick and is in his 2nd season. I feel it's safe to say that no one judging Jackson like they are will judge Ayton similarly next year. No one even thought we should give up on Len that quickly.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The issue, to me, with Jackson is that he has basketball bipolar-ism. He can't remember what brought him success in the past when he starts to struggle, yet he also forgets that he has sucked and keeps at it until he is good again. I am not sure I have ever seen a player like him.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Alex Len, Marquise Chriss, Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson....... maybe the problem isn't with the players.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jackson has played significantly better the last 2 months.

It would be stupid imo to trade him now. His decision making is way better, his shot is looking better, his defense is better.

Only Ayton has more upside on this team.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Jackson has played significantly better the last 2 months.

It would be stupid imo to trade him now. His decision making is way better, his shot is looking better, his defense is better.

If what you say is true, why not sell high?

It baffles me how so many fans think that the only time to consider trading a player is once it has become obvious that he's worthless.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've never seen a fanbase flipflop on a player like some here do I Jackson. He was leading this team and looked great while Booker was out and everyone seemed to comment on how this is the Jackson that we hoped to see but he struggles a little coming off the bench and now we should decline his 4th year option or dump him for peanuts this summer? He was the #4 pick and is in his 2nd season. I feel it's safe to say that no one judging Jackson like they are will judge Ayton similarly next year. No one even thought we should give up on Len that quickly.
I am not advocating it. I am predicting it. Jackson still has a lot of potential, but he is also a contract they could shed if they have a vet player they want to pursue. Cutting Jackson is one of the few options they have to pursue. He is not tradable.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not advocating it. I am predicting it. Jackson still has a lot of potential, but he is also a contract they could shed if they have a vet player they want to pursue. Cutting Jackson is one of the few options they have to pursue. He is not tradable.

That is ridiculous. There is no way they would end up in a spot where the only thing they can do is waive him. Another team will jump at the chance to add him if the Suns are literally giving him away. I get that you weren't advocating it before but to claim that they won't be able to trade him or give him away is even worse.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ is on a good contract and plays D. We’d be foolish to give up on him this early into his career. TJ has shown that offensive game can be improved as old as these players are, that’s something that can always be improved unlike vision drive and work ethic.
Unlike Archie Goodwin it seems like JJ has great drive and work ethic, the attidtufe and confidence is there.

Now TJ seems like the go to go, more and more he’s proven to be one dimensional.

We still need to develop some players who might be 1-3 seasons to go, and JJ seems like a project that could pay off if we keep him.

It’s too early to judge his up and down performances.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns should keep all four wings. JJ, Warner, Bridges and Oubre. If you have to let one go and not looking at money Its JJ

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It baffles me how so many fans think that the only time to consider trading a player is once it has become obvious that he's worthless.

Well, I'm not necessarily saying it would never make sense to trade him - but there are very few young players that have more potential to improve - and he still is on a relatively good contract for 2 more years.

What I am really saying is we should not want to trade him unless a very good player is available in return.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns should keep all four wings. JJ, Warner, Bridges and Oubre. If you have to let one go and not looking at money Its JJ

No - it is 100% Warren. He is the one that will be traded this offseason. He is a flawed player - all he can do well is some instant offense off the bench. I do not think he has any upside, whereas the other 3 all do - oubre with the least.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No - it is 100% Warren. He is the one that will be traded this offseason. He is a flawed player - all he can do well is some instant offense off the bench. I do not think he has any upside, whereas the other 3 all do - oubre with the least.

Warren and JJ both have limited upside. Bridges and Oubre can both elevate their ceiling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Warren and JJ both have limited upside. Bridges and Oubre can both elevate their ceiling.
How do you figure JJ has less limited upside? If all four he has the best ability to get to the rim on his own (finishing is another story, but that’s developable). His first step and speed places pressure on a defense that warren, Bridges can’t, and oubre isn’t as quick as JJ. He’s the least finished product by far, but I also think he’s got the greatest floor-to-ceiling potential.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

^this!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How do you figure JJ has less limited upside? If all four he has the best ability to get to the rim on his own (finishing is another story, but that’s developable). His first step and speed places pressure on a defense that warren, Bridges can’t, and oubre isn’t as quick as JJ. He’s the least finished product by far, but I also think he’s got the greatest floor-to-ceiling potential.

That’s where we differ. You’re going off pure upside and I’m more on the side of whether he actually reaches it. I suppose I should’ve used expectational upside rather than best case ceiling.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll take the sure thing in Warren, you guys can have your upside. Just like last year bang on Warren. But its hard to defend him when he is always hurt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson