Knicks @ Suns 3-28-14

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks play at the Suns tonight with an Arizona start time of 7 PM. Here are the starting lineups per Paul Coro at azcentral in an article dated 3-28-14.

Knicks (30-42) at Suns (43-29) … 7 p.m. Phoenix tip time

C: Tyson Chandler … Miles Plumlee

PF: Amar'e Stoudemire … Channing Frye

SF: Carmelo Anthony … P.J. Tucker

SG: J.R. Smith … Goran Dragic

PG: Raymond Felton … Eric Bledsoe

Key Knicks injuries: Kenyon Martin (ankle) and Andrea Bargnani (elbow) are out.

Key Knicks reserves: Pablo Prigioni, Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., Cole Aldrich, Shannon Brown.

* The Knicks have won nine of their past 11 games to make a run at an Eastern Conference playoff spot, pulling within 1 ½ games of eighth-place Atlanta with the Hawks losing five games in a row.

"It's going to be like a playoff game tonight," Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said. "Obviously, Carmelo (Anthony) inside and outside is a great player. But their other guys have stepped it up and they'll go small. They'll move Carmelo to the four so it's going to be a game with probably a lot of small guys out there. It presents problems. They've got guys who can really shoot the ball and they spread you. It's going to be a challenge for us defensively to help out certain guys and not give up layups but still get to those shooters."

These are the type games that worry me.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/coro-blog/2014/03/28/game-day-preview-suns-knicks/7021385/

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's Melo at Power Forward vs. our backcourt of Goric Bledich :). A battle of small ball, which Jeff has become very versed in. I don't expect Frye to get a lot of time at the "4" if PJ can stay out of foul trouble.

If we win, we'll deserve it. If we lose, they'll deserve the win. It is ironic that the two teams who grew tired of D'Antoni are battling tonight. (Pretty soon it will be three.) Then . . . we don't play any team in the Italian league next season, do we? :D

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Knicks play at the Suns tonight with an Arizona start time of 7 PM. Here are the starting lineups per Paul Coro at azcentral in an article dated 3-28-14.

This game should worry you, it certainly worries me. Carmelo is a beast when he plays us and we have no one that can put a body on him except for maybe PJ. The Knicks had one of the most embarrassing games ever against the Lakers a few nights ago but they won't take us lightly like they did LA. They've gone 9-2 over their last 11 games and while it was far from a killer schedule it did include wins over Indiana, Minnesota, Utah, Cleveland and Sacramento. Indiana is the only good club in that list but all the others are teams that we've struggled with this season.

I doubt if we'll try to match up with them early but I'd love to see us start Goran, Bledsoe, Green, Tucker and Markieff. They start small now and really space the court and this lineup gives us a chance to match that quickness without sacrificing much of a height advantage to them.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm more worried about smith going off on dragon than melo on the rest of us. He'll get his like he usually does. Just have to shut down the others somewhat.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm more worried about smith going off on dragon than melo on the rest of us. He'll get his like he usually does. Just have to shut down the others somewhat.

Yeah you never know what Smith is going to do. I think we have a better chance of shutting him down though if we don't have to constantly help on Anthony. If Tucker (or whoever) can talk Carmelo into relying on his outside game I like our chances.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's go Suns will be a fun game to watch the suns vs the knicks phil jackson era. How has Amare been doing with the knicks haven't been watching much him?

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'd switch several different guys on Carmelo and not help that much - Tucker, Plumlee, Marcus and Markieff. Plumlee might be toughest guy for him to score on. I think I'd match Ish against Prigioni and Goodwin against his fellow rookie Hardaway... try to get them to make it a personal challenge for them to win their matchups. One reason is to keep Dragic and Bledsoe a little fresher for the fourth Q then push the heck out of the ball when the Knicks are tiring. Might as well match Len against Aldrich for his five minutes, too.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's go Suns will be a fun game to watch the suns vs the knicks phil jackson era. How has Amare been doing with the knicks haven't been watching much him?

I watched him play a couple of times recently and he looked pretty good. Not Phoenix, early in his career good, but good. He looked better than any big man we have, not that that's saying much. Not much lift but he still has a quick first step and his midrange shot is still scary. I also watched the Lakers game though and that's the Amare I hope we see. In fact, that's the Knicks team I hope we see. I didn't see their recent win against Sacramento but I was surprised they were able to win there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm slow to notice but is Goran trying to grow a beard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goran already with 12 points at the 5 minute mark of the 1st quarter.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This knicks team is just a bad matchup, not unlike when Melo was in Denver

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nasty dunk by Plumlee.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic with 18 points in the 1st quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fan shoots half-court shot and makes it for $77,000. The Suns players go wild.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe blocks Chandler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member