Knicks coming apart

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
www.knicksonline.com/forums/index.php

Is anyone else getting such sick satisfaction from all the discontent going on in Amareland? Muhahahaha

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f8/

Is anyone else getting such sick satisfaction from all the discontent going on in Amareland? I am really, really loving it. Muhahahaha

I think it was pretty obvious Amare would be pissed at the Knicks lack of skills. The Knicks could get Carmello next year and compete, or Chris Paul, or both. I still think you aren't winning without a legit big man and Amare IMO is not a championship caliber big man.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only wish it had happened one game earlier. The way they were hitting 3's on the Bulls the crazy. No body would miss and they were taking them with 2 guys in their face and making them with ease.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Immediately, I'm drawn to the posting title there of "STAT is a Fraud" and read complaints that he wasn't worth the money.

That sure didn't take long. Then again, it IS New York.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
D'Antoni is getting exposed as well. He still hasn't done a thing without Nash, and yet Nash keeps finding a way to make his teams good.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fans deserve better performance from that team but the biggest portion of the blame should go to Dantoni, i saw some of their game and they are mostly not playing as a unit.
Maybe they still need time to gel, especially Amare who played with a great PG, but some of those fans are delusional if they think Amare and Felton are going to get them a championship, even Miami with their 3 stars are finding out it is not as easy as they thought.
Knicks still have a lot of chance to turn it around and make the playoffs.

jibikao

Reaction score
I think their key problem is the coach.. MDA. I liked him before but I was blinded by Nash's ability to run the team rather than his actual coaching.

MDA doesn't teach defense. He rarely goes over them (sounds similar?). He doesn't bring out the best out of his players. He would just keep using his "good" players until they are tired and worn out.

Gentry, on the other hand, encourages players to do their best. IE: Dragic against Spurs, running plays for Richardson against Lakers when he was hot, and letting Hedo play what he does the best last night. I don't see that from MDA..well, from my limited Suns' games I've watched. Not sure if he has changed in New York but I highly doubt it.

I don't think Amare is trash but on a poopy team like NY, they need to pay "premium" ($100 Mils) to attract any serious player. Hell, even Lebron didn't want to go. They are blaming a bit too early and they need to change coach.

jibikao

Reaction score
D'Antoni is getting exposed as well. He still hasn't done a thing without Nash, and yet Nash keeps finding a way to make his teams good.

I highly agree. I think Nash brings a lot to any team by just being supportive, nice and easy-to-approach. With Amare calling out the team, some players may respond and some players may just say "who the **** you think you are".

Nash brings a lot of good intangibles that are not shown on the score-board and I think Gentry and Nash are excellent together.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The New York Knicks mirror what life is like without Nash. With DA going to New York (leaving a highly successful Phoenix team behind) and now having Amare there as well, it is close to a controlled lab experiment. Nash is what makes the Suns good. The veil has been lifted. However, DA's system was and still is a perfect fit for Nash. Plug in Nash in New York and the Knicks suddenly become a playoff team. I give DA and Gentry credit for allowing Nash the freedom to run the Suns. Also see Porter for trying to control Nash.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D'Antoni will get fired and end up at some small school like Loyola Marymount. It's mandatory he follow in Paul Westhead's shoes now.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knicks lost again tonight. Stoudemire put up 24 points and 6 rebounds. Meanwhile Landry Fields put up 21 points and 17 rebounds. The dude is a swingman drafted in the second round. It's a good thing that a crappy player like Fields didn't fall to us. I remember during the draft many Suns fans were relieved when NY took Fields a couple spots ahead of us because rumors were that the Suns were high on him.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
A smaller market team like the Suns could tolerate a stubborn, one-dimensional coach like D'Antoni a lot longer than a New York team.

Just ask Randy Johnson about the Press in the Big Apple.

I've wondered how Donnie Walsh, or any NBA GM, could hire a Head Coach once he told the Press, "It's not my job to develop young players." That's downright ignorant.

1- Saying it.

2- Hiring him.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
They made more field goals.

They made more 3-pointers.

They had more rebounds.

They had more assists.
They had fewer turnovers.

And they had more blocked shots.

The Elias Sports Bureau told us that the last 266 times a team outperformed its opponent in all of those statistical categories, that team won the game.

Except the Knicks didn't win. They lost again, 120-118, their sixth straight defeat, this one starting a tough West Coast road trip

Statistical advantages can be deceiving. Amar'e Stoudemire was 10-for-19 for 24 points, but the full picture tells you that the Knicks were minus-11 when Stoudemire was on the floor, the third straight defeat in which the Knicks outscored their opponent during the time in which Stoudemire was on the bench.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/21733/knicks-win-everything-but-basketball-game

chickenhead

Reaction score
I actually think the Knicks fans have tolerated more than just about anyone in the last decade. True, D'Antoni's tenure in Phoenix was longer than it's been in New York, but he was also more successful (regardless of how you assign credit).

One thing I don't miss is Stat's ego, though. “We did a solid job on Carmelo. Pretty much me and him played chess and canceled each other out.” Way to give credit to Carmelo and your teammates via yourself, Amare.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually think the Knicks fans have tolerated more than just about anyone in the last decade. True, D'Antoni's tenure in Phoenix was longer than it's been in New York, but he was also more successful (regardless of how you assign credit).

One thing I don't miss is Stat's ego, though. “We did a solid job on Carmelo. Pretty much me and him played chess and canceled each other out.” Way to give credit to Carmelo and your teammates via yourself, Amare.
:thumbup:
He also had meh game after calling out his team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think that's ego. I think he just wanted to make the point that he'd done his job and they still lost so it wasn't his fault. Oh, wait...

I like Amare more than most do here and I make an excuse for him every now and then but I've never liked this aspect of him either. I really believe he's a good man at heart but his lack of a quality parental unit really shows up at times like these. I really don't think he has a clue how bad this sounds. He'd be better off just beating his chest and calling himself great, it would irritate fewer fans.

Steve

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't think this comment was totally egregious or anything, just that he's always referencing himself and painting himself in a great light. Last night was a chess match between him and Carmelo? Overstating it a bit, IMO. But I see your point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave