Kliff talks about putting effort in as a QB

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score

from the article "Kingsbury acknowledged that as a player himself, he didn’t have the total commitment to being the best he could be that Brady had, and he said it’s Brady’s fanatical work ethic that makes him the greatest of all time."

Is it any wonder Murray approaches the game the way he does. Does Kliff even think about this stuff before he says it?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

from the article "Kingsbury acknowledged that as a player himself, he didn’t have the total commitment to being the best he could be that Brady had, and he said it’s Brady’s fanatical work ethic that makes him the greatest of all time."

Is it any wonder Murray approaches the game the way he does. Does Kliff even think about this stuff before he says it?
Obvious reporter question. So Kliff... does Kyler approach the game that way, and if not, what are you specifically doing about it?

I wonder how long it takes to be asked.

Just a follow-up Kliff... Since you said you didn't have that level of work ethic as a player, given this is the NFL and you acknowledge the importance, have you adopted a Brady approach to your coaching career? Examples?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Obvious reporter question. So Kliff... does Kyler approach the game that way, and if not, what are you specifically doing about it?

I wonder how long it takes to be asked.

Just a follow-up Kliff... Since you said you didn't have that level of work ethic as a player, given this is the NFL and you acknowledge the importance, have you adopted a Brady approach to your coaching career? Examples?
Kliff: This is the NFL, why do you run a Mickey Mouse offense? Is it because our QB is little? If so this **** ain't funny lol?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not sure what your point is? He says,

"“The total commitment, lifestyle, sleep, eat, study, work that he’s put into that, it’s insane,” Kingsbury said. “When I got there, I thought I worked hard, then I watched what he did and put into it and it was on a whole different level. There’s a reason he’s the best there ever was.”

He's saying something everyone knows. Brady is great because he works harder than anyone. If you want to be the best you have to work insanely hard.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

I think anyone that reflects on a previous job realizes he/she could have worked harder, done more. That’s normal human behavior.

What’s not normal is to expect someone else to be responsible for your work ethic. Not sure what KK is supposed to do if his QB doesn’t have the work ethic to be great or even good at this point. You can lead a horse to water…

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is not an idictment of KK, this is a shot across Murray's bow. It says to me, KK thinks he'll be back next year (gross) and he wants KM to get freaking busy with the work during rehab.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KK’s comments don’t, IMHO, necessarily make for an indictment of him, but I believe they also demonstrate what appears to be his less than totally committed approach (anyone else often feel this team is woefully unprepared for games?). So, for me this is yet another example of why this franchise is overwhelmed by a sense of malaise.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not sure what your point is? He says,

"“The total commitment, lifestyle, sleep, eat, study, work that he’s put into that, it’s insane,” Kingsbury said. “When I got there, I thought I worked hard, then I watched what he did and put into it and it was on a whole different level. There’s a reason he’s the best there ever was.”

He's saying something everyone knows. Brady is great because he works harder than anyone. If you want to be the best you have to work insanely hard.
One can work hard, more than hard enough for what is expected of you in your profession, and still there is always that one individual whose work ethic and dedication will be fanatical in comparison, I think this is what Kliff was alluding to as well when talking about Brady

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One can work hard, more than hard enough for what is expected of you in your profession, and still there is always that one individual whose work ethic and dedication will be fanatical in comparison, I think this is what Kliff was alluding to as well when talking about Brady

Yup. He's also saying that Brady isn't the GOAT because of natural ability. He's the GOAT because he studies and works harder than anyone and that's what is required to be the best.

Being great doesn't involve lifting weights, 3 hours of study and turning up at game time thinking your natural ability is enough.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff in this interview tells us things that everyone knows. Nothing new ...

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kingsbury also said, I believe on Hard Knocks, that he regretted not making the most of his opportunity as a player, and was resolved not to let that happen as a coach.

...dave

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The overarching point is that it is really tough to consistently be a top NFL QB if you don't obsess over it. Also, "work ethic" for college players in terms of the draft is different, especially at QB. It is really what were you able to tweak in your game to overcome your team's deficiencies. How did you make mid college players work vs more talented teams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The overarching point is that it is really tough to consistently be a top NFL QB if you don't obsess over it. Also, "work ethic" for college players in terms of the draft is different, especially at QB. It is really what were you able to tweak in your game to overcome your team's deficiencies. How did you make mid college players work vs more talented teams.

This is the big issue. Kyler feels like a 9-5 QB. Come in, hit the gym, throw some balls around, do your meetings. Then clock off, go home, play some video games, chill out.

Home not actually being home seeing as he flys back to Texas every chance he gets.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson