Kliff Kingsbury's introduction press conference.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I refuse to revisit it out of fear of getting upset, but for those of you who remember it, were you enamored with the thought of him as our brand-new head coach? Especially in light of tearing it all down so quickly after Wilks was canned. I wonder a little bit because sports talk here in Philly this week touched on how horribly Nick Siriani's presser went, and opinions were formed almost immediately that he might be out of his league taking on this job.

Fast forward to now, and here I just watched Budda say that Siriani is the type of head coach he would want. I know I was pretty optimistic about KK when we hired him, and look how that turned out. Optimism always abounds when a new coach is hired, but I will not be fooled again. No matter what he says. I will blindly support (as Inhave for 45 years), but until I see a plan start to formulate as we approach the new season, I will reserve judgment either way. I can't get my heart trampled on again by the likes of Kliffy and Keim.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping Kliff would be a good young coach so we would be set for years. Not the Cardinal way...
We AND the Cardinals got caught up in the "pretty boy, offensive genius," mold that McVay and Lefleur fall under. That's what we get for looking in another team's back yard. Epic fail!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here was my thought of the hiring:

All of his "Offensive Success" came mostly against the Big 12 which doesn't play defense.

The Cardinals are doomed!

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here was my thought of the hiring:

Wow, was that your quote right after the hire?

Post edit MCD, I see it was. Thanks for tracking down that thread. Maybe I'll peruse it this weekend after a couple of rum and cokes. LOL

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kingsbury was an offensive genius until you realized:

1) the QB was always in the shotgun. The hell with giving a RB any momentum before the handoff.
2) WRs don’t go in motion unless it’s a jet sweep
3) WRs always stay on one side of the field
4) Any time the team had momentum on a drive Kliff would kill it with a horrendous and overly cute play call. Hey it’s 3rd and 2 inside the 15 yard line, how about a jet sweep to the 5’7” WR with no one outside to block for him?

Off-tackle runs with guys that weigh 150 lbs soaking wet are bad ideas, there’s no way around it. Honestly there are more varied and better playbooks in Madden.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kingsbury was an offensive genius until you realized:

1) the QB was always in the shotgun. The hell with giving a RB any momentum before the handoff.
2) WRs don’t go in motion unless it’s a jet sweep
3) WRs always stay on one side of the field
4) Any time the team had momentum on a drive Kliff would kill it with a horrendous and overly cute play call. Hey it’s 3rd and 2 inside the 15 yard line, how about a jet sweep to the 5’7” WR with no one outside to block for him?

Off-tackle runs with guys that weigh 150 lbs soaking wet are bad ideas, there’s no way around it. Honestly there are more varied and better playbooks in Madden.
This season really sealed it for me. Week after week, we just seemed so clunky. Like a car with 4 different sized tires. At no point did I have faith or belief in KK's ability to call a solid game. It's entirely fair to say that his game plan directly accounted for 2-3 losses this year. Maybe more if I go back and look at it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose