Kliff Kingsbury in Houston to interview for Texans staff

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Deneco still isn’t over the trick play in the final game where AJ Green and Blough beat his defense.

If those 2 can score a TD maybe there’s something there.

He’ll find out quickly that it’s a high school offense.
To be fair, his high school offense got .500 or better in half his seasons with Vance Noseph and a drunkard, perhaps even with a pass his first season, inheriting that beyond thundertrash team.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair, his high school offense got .500 or better in half his seasons with Vance Noseph and a drunkard, perhaps even with a pass his first season, inheriting that beyond thundertrash team.

2019 Starters​

PosPlayerAgeYrsGSSummary of Player StatsDrafted (tm/rnd/yr)
Offensive Starters
QBKyler Murray22Rook16349 for 542, 3,722 yards, 20 td, 12 int, & 93 rushes for 544 yards and 4 td
RBKenyan Drake2538123 rushes for 643 yards, 8 td, & 28 catches for 171 yards and 0 td
WRLarry Fitzgerald36151675 catches for 804 yards, 4 td
WRChristian Kirk2311368 catches for 709 yards, 3 td, & 10 rushes for 93 yards and 0 td
TECharles Clay3081018 catches for 237 yards, 1 td
TEMaxx Williams2541015 catches for 202 yards, 1 td
LTD.J. Humphries26316
LGJustin Pugh29616
CA.Q. Shipley331016
RGJ.R. Sweezy30716
RTJustin Murray26112
Defensive Starters
LDEJonathan Bullard26361.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
NTCorey Peters319162.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
RDERodney Gunter274133.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
LOLBChandler Jones*+2971619.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 3 fumbles recovered
LILBJoe Walker27211
RILBJordan Hicks274161.5 sacks, 3 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered
ROLBTerrell Suggs3716135.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered
LCBByron Murphy21Rook160.0 sacks, 1 interception, 0 fumbles recovered
RCBPatrick Peterson298101.0 sacks, 2 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
SSJalen Thompson21Rook90.0 sacks, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovered
FSBudda Baker*

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumours, how dare you! ;)

If KK gets the gig, it begs the question, what does DeMeco know that some brainiacs on this site don't or vice-versa?
I wouldn’t be shocked if he had some measure of success without all the additional HC responsibilities. I am not sure what his ceiling is as an OC but it will be interesting to see how it goes if he does take the job

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots of ex-cardinals players and staff won the superbowl in Tampa Bay.
I'm assuming more ex-cardinal players and staff will win the superbowl with the Texans before the cardinals can.
I guarantee some of our players will flock to the Texans

KK will thrive without HC headaches and with a QB that listens. He now has NFL experience.

The cardinals organization is a mess top to bottom.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Cardinals do open the door for a lot of younger less experienced players and coaches. It is nice that we serve some purpose. We are sort of like a minor league team, the same way the old KC Athletics used to be for the NY Yankees.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
To me, that's the sign of a bad coach. They get off to a decent start, teams figure it out, and he makes no adjustments, or at least ineffective adjustments, and the team struggles. Happened every year.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, that's the sign of a bad coach. They get off to a decent start, teams figure it out, and he makes no adjustments, or at least ineffective adjustments, and the team struggles. Happened every year.
Agree

Lack of adjustments did this team in

It was like KK was clueless on how to respond

Once DC's figure you out, you need to adapt

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kliff's offense was called a joke by lots of NFL people

Yet, arguably the hottest assistant to get a HC job -- one who had to game plan against that offense for 4 games -- thought his offense was just fine

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It also coincided with Kyler Murray's (and Hopkins) injuries twice in the latter half of the season. Of course his offense wasn't the greatest and you wanted to smash the remote a number of times, it still found some success regardless and had one of the best records the Cardinals ever had and still helped Kyler get a ROY. He should have definitely just been an OC first, no doubt about that. Obviously this past season was just a huge mess all across the board by almost everyone.

The "adjustments" is a myth and repeated by fans for whatever reason. But as far as his "adjustments," they were more than decent a number of times it was his beginning script plays that were more of the problem. Once those were over, the offense did pretty well. He also tried to be cute too many times, we just couldn't ever pull that off like other teams.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Hiring Slowik not surprisingly. Good on Kliff’s agent to keep the paychecks coming.

Again Kliff is unemployable at any NFL position of importance. Look for the broadcasting gig.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
You just watch, like most Cards' failures, he will eventually go on to great success with other teams. He is young and has gotten good experience now. That is important as he matures. He needs to go have some success in a supporting role next. There is no rush in the kind of experiences he gets, for he has many years ahead of him.

He just shouldn't be away from the game so long that he is forgotten. He only needs to keep it positive and remember never to bad mouth his previous gigs or employers. Just thank them for the opportunity and the experience.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You just watch, like most Cards' failures, he will eventually go on to great success with other teams. He is young and has gotten good experience now. That is important as he matures. He needs to go have some success in a supporting role next. There is no rush in the kind of experiences he gets, for he has many years ahead of him.

He just shouldn't be away from the game so long that he is forgotten. He only needs to keep it positive and remember never to bad mouth his previous gigs or employers. Just thank them for the opportunity and the experience.
He’s been a head coach for 10+ years.

Telling ya billionaire owners and other decision-makers who are extreme high-performers and alphas despise stuff like “I need a year off in Thailand to get my head straight” or “I failed at college level because I didn’t like to recruit” or “it was hard to manage a front office alongside player egos.”

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
that makes a lot of sense
Demeco went with someone he worked with for 6 years, people pretty much always acquire people they know/worked with. Not a surprise in general he did the same thing, NFL is a big circle jerk.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Lots of ex-cardinals players and staff won the superbowl in Tampa Bay.
I'm assuming more ex-cardinal players and staff will win the superbowl with the Texans before the cardinals can.
I guarantee some of our players will flock to the Texans

KK will thrive without HC headaches and with a QB that listens. He now has NFL experience.

The cardinals organization is a mess top to bottom.
Sadly Texas won‘t be time pressured.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Kliff's offense was called a joke by lots of NFL people

Yet, arguably the hottest assistant to get a HC job -- one who had to game plan against that offense for 4 games -- thought his offense was just fine
Consider who wants him!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose