KK...

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by LittleDavis, Oct 25, 2020.

1. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

Yes. To play up to the standards of our board, anything less than a 95% completion rate and 500+ yards is not good enough.

slanidrac16, gimpy and TaylorSwift like this.
  2. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

There was a ton of confusion when Kliff pivoted late and decided to kick the Field goal on second down. He should have used his timeout to get things settled way before the play clock ran out. Lack of awareness during a critical point in the game.

3. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

I certainly disagreed with it. But, I don't care about it, at all, today. He coached us to a 37-34 win over the top team in our division and the NFC. That is good coaching.

4. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

Going for it on 2nd down was his only real questionable decision.

He didn't ice is own kicker. The 4th down call was fine, even though I would have taken the points. We are #1 in the league on 4th down conversions.

This is Monday morning QB'ing, at its finest.

CardsSunsDbacks, daves, jf-08 and 2 others like this.
  5. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

Yeah, what was the option? take the 5yd penalty? and it wasn't even him, it was one of the assistants that ran to tell him. But to his credit, KK took the blame for it.

6. conraddobler

conraddobler I want my 2$

Here's what I'll say, you can tear apart any game or any coach and find things they did wrong and I'm not against that but the feeling I get from this team is that by and large it's headed in the right direction, that includes KK an KM.

Are there things they need to work on? Oh absolutely and the defense basically got shredded yardage wise that wasn't good, in the end we made some adjustments and made the plays we had to make when we had to make them, in almost any other year that game would of been a loss.

So i'm very optimistic, but as the competition gets harder and harder they are going to need to tighten up the ship.

As long as they are learning it's all good, don't repeat the same mistakes over and over again, constantly improve on both offense and defense and we will be a contender for years.

This team is just fun to watch I don't care what you say they have a good vibe to them. Yeah there are things that bother me but they aren't the focus.

CardsSunsDbacks and daves like this.
  7. AirRaid

AirRaid Rookie

I think what everyone seems to forget from time to time is that this is still his second year in the NFL in any coaching capacity. There's still going to be growing pains with Kliff on decisions made and halftime adjustments but that's the beauty of football. Nobody is ever perfect. People still question Belichick and Reid and Tomlin, Caroll, etc, etc, it's how you learn and grow from your mistakes and Kliff has definitely grown from last year.

daves and jf-08 like this.
  8. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

bEcAUsE wE wOn. kLiFf NeeDS tO TEll KLifF To nOt qUEsTIon kLiFf

[​IMG]

GatorAZ and BritCard like this.
  9. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

This and for the people that will point out that he was also a HC in college, he only was a HC at that level for a handful of seasons. I doubt he has had a ton of these specific situations to learn from. There is a good chance that he will learn from these mistakes and be better in the future. Just be happy that we won despite some clear decision mistakes from the coach.

daves likes this.
  10. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

The biggest thing KK should have to answer for is how we get the ball with 6 minutes, down 2 scores, and all time outs....and we somehow run a 12 play drive that takes over 1/2 the time off the clock, and were ready to settle for a FG if not for the leverage penalty on Seattle.

That is HORRIBLE game management. We should have been in a hurry up, and been trying to save every second for the 2nd drive we knew we needed.

When you then see us put together a FG drive...relying on the run....and doing it in like 55 seconds.....it makes you wonder why on earth we needed almost 4 minutes to move down the field into FG range the first time.

TaylorSwift likes this.
  11. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Wel then you have to question Pete Carroll’s strategy. Up by 3 he went for it on 4th and goal in the 4th quarter.

daves, dreamcastrocks and jf-08 like this.
  12. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Many of us have forgotten the fall of 2018....

jf-08 likes this.
  13. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

He is young and inexperienced, those plays calls were baffling to say the least.

14. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

This is so true.

15. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

jf-08, HomerPimpson and daves like this.