Kirk and Isabella..

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler did miss him on one play and was obviously held on another play.

I was just sort of disappointed in his YAC ability on his lone catch. Just looked ready to go down. Then we are throwing screen passes to Fitz over him and Isabella.

Gotta say watching Hopkins AFTER THE CATCH...wow...thats what has been missing.

Still...this offense needs a burner.

I hope they can help out next week cause teams are going to start doubling Hopkins more.

Glad Kyler's decisive running made some plays. However, I hope we can start hitting some scramble passes for big yards as well.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was horribly wrong on Isabella... thought he would be a major piece today

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t even remember seeing him on the field. Was he?
He was out there a few plays.

Now to be fair I havent seen the ALL 22 film yet and he could have been open, but Kyler missed him. Just saying a guy with that speed and we still dont trust him with screen passes?

I think Kirk's issue (again I havent seen the film) is that he probably is better off in the slot. Not sure he's the down field threat, but might have to play that role.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t even remember seeing him on the field. Was he?
I dont think so... boy was I wrong...

However, I did see a rookie Keesean Johnson turn around Patrick Peterson on a route last year at training camp...

Maybe KJ will provide more than Isabella... Im dissapointed in their development

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont think so... boy was I wrong...

However, I did see a rookie Keesean Johnson turn around Patrick Peterson on a route last year at training camp...

Maybe KJ will provide more than Isabella... Im dissapointed in their development
Forgot about KJ. Maybe he's the guy for when we go 4 wide.

However, yea a goose egg on 3 wrs (Butler cut) would be bad.

Watching the Seahawks game earlier and was hoping Metcalf sucked/sophomore slump. Looks good out there.

In other words...Thank you DeAndre Hopkins!! lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Isabella is a gadget player. You shouldn't be running too many gadget plays without several practices to perfect them.

Kirk is what he has shown to be. A potentially good #3 WR, but a guy who has not shown he can be a guy. Kenyan Drake is a prime example of a guy showing you what he can be when he gets a chance. Kirk has had chances and just hasn't flashed. Until he shows something different, don't expect more.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Isabella is a gadget player. You shouldn't be running too many gadget plays without several practices to perfect them.

Kirk is what he has shown to be. A potentially good #3 WR, but a guy who has not shown he can be a guy. Kenyan Drake is a prime example of a guy showing you what he can be when he gets a chance. Kirk has had chances and just hasn't flashed. Until he shows something different, don't expect more.
You may be right. However, ideally you'd hope Hopkins presence makes life easier for those guys.

Possible lack of preseason reps hurt their development a bit.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You may be right. However, ideally you'd hope Hopkins presence makes life easier for those guys.

Possible lack of preseason reps hurt their development a bit.
It will. My point is not to bea downer on those guys, but it is to acknowledge that as a #3 WR, Kirk is gonna split reps with Arnold, Isabella, Maxx, Daniels, and potentially Edmonds.

Isabella has an even tougher task because he can't play outside and Fitz mans the slot. This means he can only play in special packages or 4 and 5 WR sets.

A RB, a TE, Fitz and Hop are our base personnel. Every other WR is a role player and is dependent on the game plan and personnel groupings.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't really grade the other receivers by this game. The Niners could not stop Hopkins. Why would we stop throwing to him?

Sometime it's player A and the next week it's player B. Teams are going to be forced to double and triple team Hopkins. When they do, the others will then have to step up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson