Kingsbury, The World’s Only 17 Point Offensive Genius

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Bruce was 61 at the time we hired him. Kliff was 39. So, we are getting someone who has 22 years less experience coaching. That might be a reason he doesn't have everything figured out yet.
This isn’t quite apples to apples since Bruce was an NFL coach for like 20 years before getting his shot as a head coach. That’s said, I’m fine with Kliff learning as he goes with everyone else if we’ll benefit from 20 years of good coaching.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff had 3 winning seasons out of 8 at Tech. He had Patrick Mahomes and did nothing.

Kliff hasn't dont jack in the NFL and until he does, he is not a good coach. Its disrespectful to coaches who actually had to grind it out in the league like Arians.

what the hell does Texas tech have to do with anything? But but but 5 years ago in college he wasn’t that good

we are talking now, today and the Arizona Cardinals

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This isn’t quite apples to apples since Bruce was an NFL coach for like 20 years before getting his shot as a head coach. That’s said, I’m fine with Kliff learning as he goes with everyone else if we’ll benefit from 20 years of good coaching.
God imagine keeping a good coach for 20 years. I wish. Teams now a days get impatient and assume a coaching shakeup will make things better. I'm sure the Eagles regret letting go of Andy Reid just because of him always coming just an inch short of a Superbowl. I'm confident they still would have won in 2017 with Andy as coach and would be in a better position today.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Appears to be getting better
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

i think the answer to better offense has always been "both" when it comes to KK vs K1

at 6:30 -- plays like this is where K1 can take the next step.

If he gets to the top of his drop and drills a throw to where Kirk will be, its a TD, or at worst, an incompletion. This is a throw NFL qbs are asked to make all the time.

OR, if he didnt have a lane and needed to hesitate -- throw it to Drake in the flat who gains 6 yards minimum, or with a move/broken tackle, scores

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Appears to be getting better

I thought kliff was going to be fired until these last two weeks.

Someone must have gotten to him because his schematics these last two weeks have been night and day better than the first 12.

He actually looked like a professional offensive minded head coach.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i think the answer to better offense has always been "both" when it comes to KK vs K1

at 6:30 -- plays like this is where K1 can take the next step.

If he gets to the top of his drop and drills a throw to where Kirk will be, its a TD, or at worst, an incompletion. This is a throw NFL qbs are asked to make all the time.

OR, if he didnt have a lane and needed to hesitate -- throw it to Drake in the flat who gains 6 yards minimum, or with a move/broken tackle, scores
JT O'Sullivan pointed that play out as well.

He says the issue is the drop. Saying how only the Cards and Chiefs take that deep of a drop in the shotgun.

Maybe it was Kyler freelancing on his footwork, but for this play he didnt need to take 5 steps. 3 and throw and its a TD.

Redzone Kyler's gotta either shorten his drop or just anticipate better I guess. I wish we heard them talk about it post game what went wrong on the play.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose