Kingsbury Still Top Coach in NFC West

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Tell me what is that coach of the packers record? How many injuries has that guy had to deal with with so far this year? He is easily on par with the 9ers injury wise if not worse… Still keeps winning… I know I know Aaron Rogers right?
If your only willing to look at this year. I can't help you.

Shanny goes for it in the NFC Championship last year........ I'm confident of that. So does KK IMO.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mine, nor Shane’s argument, really isn’t about where Kliff’s placement at as a HC, it’s why this forum overrates Shanny more than any other fanbase in the division & even the own Niner fanbase does.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Look at everything before and after the one SB season. Tell me that’s a successful HEAD coach to be lauded?
Oh... not this year. haha

One question. If Kyler goes down for the year and Streveler and Colt are our QB. Do we win even 2 games? I'll wait.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine, nor Shane’s argument, really isn’t about where Kliff’s placement at as a HC, it’s why this forum overrates Shanny more than any other fanbase in the division & even the own Niner fanbase does.
Exactly I just posted his record before and after Super Bowl… it speaks for itself. One statistical outlier trumps all around here.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh... not this year. haha

One question. If Kyler goes down for the year and Streveler and Colt are our QB. Do we win even 2 games? I'll wait.
Yes. This team is plenty talented enough to win more then 2 without Kyler. Of course we wouldn’t be as good. But weren’t you just using his back ups and their performances as an excuse as to why he’s so good A couple posts up But yet they still lose? That sounds like talking out of both sides of your mouth a little bit.

He’s been there half a decade. At some point excuses are over.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask if we can wait to make this proclamation until KK at least wins ONE playoff game, but this is a pretty good challenge coming up:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I misread the initial post and only included NFC coaches. If I included AFC, Bill B, McDermott, Tomlin, Reid, Harbaugh, are clearly better with Stefanski & Vrabel right there as well.

I think Shanahan is better at this point in their careers. I like his scheme better and his ability to allow different players in. KK seems to need a specific set of players for his offense and Shanny seems to have a system that can bend to any type of player. And from a resume perspective...... when his injuries are down, his teams go to Super Bowls.

Rivera is tough so I understand that can go either way. Ronnie in Carolina was a much better coach than KK for much longer so I give him an edge.
ah gotcha... yeah checks out, good take

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I went over to 49erswebzone and read what they had to say about Shanny, and they are done with him mostly.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I misread the initial post and only included NFC coaches. If I included AFC, Bill B, McDermott, Tomlin, Reid, Harbaugh, are clearly better with Stefanski & Vrabel right there as well.

I think Shanahan is better at this point in their careers. I like his scheme better and his ability to allow different players in. KK seems to need a specific set of players for his offense and Shanny seems to have a system that can bend to any type of player. And from a resume perspective...... when his injuries are down, his teams go to Super Bowls.

Rivera is tough so I understand that can go either way. Ronnie in Carolina was a much better coach than KK for much longer so I give him an edge.
I dont know if Kingsbury needs a specific set of players...I think he just needs good players, and in years 1 and 2, he didn't have enough of them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tell me what is that coach of the packers record? How many injuries has that guy had to deal with with so far this year? He is easily on par with the 9ers injury wise if not worse… Still keeps winning… I know I know Aaron Rogers right?
Uh yeah Aaron Rodgers. If you don’t think a HOF QB makes all the difference in the world you’re just not paying attention Shane.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes. This team is plenty talented enough to win more then 2 without Kyler. Of course we wouldn’t be as good. But weren’t you just using his back ups and their performances as an excuse as to why he’s so good A couple posts up But yet they still lose? That sounds like talking out of both sides of your mouth a little bit.

He’s been there half a decade. At some point excuses are over.
Yeah I call BS. This team does not win two games without kyler.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You literally just said when things go well he gets little credit.
I’m pretty sure I didn’t say many non-KK doubters saying that. Does it literally say that anywhere in that post?

Just enjoy your Halloween with your family cause it’s way too early to be looking for something that clearly isn’t there.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I didn’t say many non-KK doubters saying that. Does it literally say that anywhere in that post?

Just enjoy your Halloween with your family cause it’s way too early to be looking for something that clearly isn’t there.
Ouchie is absolutely correct, you literally said that lol
"Gotta remember.
When stuff goes bad, it’s mostly on KK. When stuff goes good, it’s barely on KK".

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Looking around the division, I can’t help
but think we have the best head coach.

Kyle Shanahan has received way too much credit over the years. If this year says anything, it’s that he’s overrated.

Pete Carroll is ancient. The Seahawks have slowly been on the decline for years. I’m not worried about this team at all.

Sean Mcvay may be the threat, but we lit them up at their own place. At this point, I would rather have Kingsbury over Mcvay.
Duuude..c'mon. Compare win loss records and playoff appearances, ALONG with results from this year. McVay is the top guy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ouchie is absolutely correct, you literally said that lol
"Gotta remember.
When stuff goes bad, it’s mostly on KK. When stuff goes good, it’s barely on KK".
I can’t help you if you’re having trouble with comprehension too lol

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hell No.

Pete Carroll, McVay and you can choose between Kliff and Shanahan.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's smoking crack if he doesn't think McVay is the top guy. The other two are debatable right now, but McVay is probably the best coach in the NFC.
McVay, Shanahan, Grandma and Kliff in that order in NFC West.