Kingsbury and Keim get contract extensions

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Give it a rest and join us in the present, which is the KM, KK and Keim combination and 5-year extensions to the GM & HC.
Give it a rest and join us in reality which is well documented across this board.

I know your schtick is positive and above any negativity but it comes across as an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Give it a rest and join us in reality which is well documented across this board.

I know your schtick is positive and above any negativity but it comes across as an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand.

Yes, let's rehash the failures of the past as if it's supremely relevant to the present.

I'm interested in the here-and-now.

How are we going to create Cap space?
Who do we let walk and who do we keep?
Who do we target in FA?

Post FA, I'm interested in how the Cards may design their draft board and possible selections.

The 5 to 8 to 11 wins is the present reality that I consider of actual relevance, and how the team moves forward.

I pass on the bashing of MB, Keim, KK, KM and your favourite whipping boy, Joseph, because that 'schtick' is pointless repetition and boring to tears.

Dumb people talk about other people and are prone to character assassination.
Smart people talk about current events. In this case, the state of the team.
Intelligent people philosophize on the state of life which in discussing the Cards could involve projections on the team's future given how the team manages its present-day choices, not 'crap' that occurred Gawd knows when.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, let's rehash the failures of the past as if it's supremely relevant to the present.

Who do we target in FA?

Post FA, I'm interested in how the Cards may design their draft board and possible selections.

The 5 to 8 to 11 wins is the present reality that I consider of actual relevance, and how the team moves forward.

I pass on the bashing of MB, Keim, KK, KM and your favourite whipping boy, Joseph, because that 'schtick' is pointless repetition and boring to tears.

Intelligent people philosophize on the state of life which in discussing the Cards could involve projections on the team's future given how the team manages its present-day choices, not 'crap' that occurred Gawd knows when.
This could be the worst post on ASFN in some time for a variety of reasons. And that’s saying something.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Give it up. Folks that smugly think they're smarter than everyone else and whose opinions are gold-plated classics care nothing for reason or debate. They know they're right, even when they clearly aren't.

gmartin

Reaction score
I agree with QuebecCard, 20/20 hind sight is easy, so why not spend time and energy discussing how to improve the future? If some of us are as smart as we think we are we wouldn't be wasting our posting here:)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with QuebecCard, 20/20 hind sight is easy, so why not spend time and energy discussing how to improve the future? If some of us are as smart as we think we are we wouldn't be wasting our posting here:)
So no one should post on ASFN. Got it.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Who do we target in FA?

In what world is discussing Keim's track record in a thread about his 5-year extension not relevant?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
i saw why keim got a contract now... tried to look up his new deal, couldnt find it...but the details on his old deal???

5.5 mil in 2021...

29,5 mil in 2022

it was a built in renew point, no way MB was gonna pay him 30mil for a year right?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The present? Let's take a look at the present.

QB - unproven and demanding an extension
RB - ?
WR - Nuk (handsomely paid), Moore (gadget player) and NOTHING
TE - ?
OL - average at best

DL - laughable
LB - ????
Corners - ??
Safeties - a strength!

We're riding a streak of losing 5 of our 6 games, culminating with a total humiliation in the playoffs. We're already guaranteed to lose our top pass rusher, and we have cuts to make to fill the gaping holes that exist. On top of that we have a GM that consistently fails in FA and the draft, so barring a miraculous turn of form, he'll probably bungle FA the draft again.

Of course you'll never come up with any argument or defense of that, you'll just personally attack posters because there is no case to be made that Keim is effective in FA or the draft, THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF HIS JOB.

But cheers to your 5 year extensions for people who definitely don't deserve it, and are likely to carry on a tradition of mediocrity and falling apart when it matters. Certainly worth celebrating!
You have to forgive QC. See, he’s sitting at the golden end of the rainbow sifting through the pot looking for gold. He doesn’t yet realize that all the coins he’s counting are those chocolate candies wrapped in gold foil.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what many do here. But some of use refuse smell a fart and call it cherry blossom.

Most diehards here don’t stare at 11-7 and think everything is just fine. You can’t play the way we did over the last 7 games including a playoff blowout and be happy.

Many say don’t look at the past but then bring up our 7-0 start. Oh but we were great until Hopkins went down. Correct, however, the GM put this team in that position. At the moment we are worse at the Wr position than last year.
We sucked at the most important time of the season.

If we were sitting on 10 draft picks or had a wonderful cap situation I think most of the “ doom and gloom” would be diminished. But we draft like crap. Our cap is crap and we have at least 6 GLARING holes to fix.

So many of us look at the whole picture in a realistic way. Yet our owner, gm, and coach will try to convince us we are Super Bowl contenders. We are not. That’s just keeping it real.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly what many do here. But some of use refuse smell a fart and call it cherry blossom.

Most diehards here don’t stare at 11-7 and think everything is just fine. You can’t play the way we did over the last 7 games including a playoff blowout and be happy.

Many say don’t look at the past but then bring up our 7-0 start. Oh but we were great until Hopkins went down. Correct, however, the GM put this team in that position. At the moment we are worse at the Wr position than last year.
We sucked at the most important time of the season.

If we were sitting on 10 draft picks or had a wonderful cap situation I think most of the “ doom and gloom” would be diminished. But we draft like crap. Our cap is crap and we have at least 6 GLARING holes to fix.

So many of us look at the whole picture in a realistic way. Yet our owner, gm, and coach will try to convince us we are Super Bowl contenders. We are not. That’s just keeping it real.

11-7 is a building block, not the be-all and end-all.

The new league year has yet to start, and you are already predicting disaster.

Your so-called 'realism' is nothing more than 'life's a bitch and then you die'.

Relax! The offseason is the time for hope.

Let's see what we actually do in FA and the draft.

SOMETHING TO LIGHTEN YOUR MOOD:

An elderly man living alone in Montreal wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work since the ground was hard.

His only son, Paul, who used to help him, was in prison on a suspected murder charge. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Paul,
I am feeling pretty sad because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love, Dad

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
Don’t dig up that garden. That’s where the bodies are buried.
Love,
Paul.

At 4 a.m. the next morning, RCMP officers and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like the comment I read about Brian Kelly's first game for LSU... They paid $10 million for that???