Kingsbury adapting offensive verbiage to match Oklahoma's offense

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by CFLredzoned, May 13, 2019.

1. Cardinal

Cardinal Registered

I think OU’s offense would’ve fared better if Brown didn’t suit up. He was clearly injured and he held the offense back trying to play through it.

If he was ruled out, they could’ve game planned around his absence. Instead, they had to adjust mid-game after seeing that Brown wasn’t himself. Think he had two big drops before he was pulled.

Crimson Warrior likes this.
  2. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

I don't think it would have changed the eventual outcome Cardinal, because I think Tua and company could have scored 80 on OU if they'd really wanted to.

But just between you and I, I think you're correct.

3. blindseyed

blindseyed I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita

And so another thread that turns into "Murray is God' and "Murray will never succeed" yay

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  4. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

Ah, I see. I'm afraid I would agree with you.

5. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Well, I’ve never said that Murray will be a failure. I’ve got serious questions about him being successful though.

Those concerns are size, ability to read NFL defenses, motivation, ability to process information, and relying on athletic ability.

My concern are more with Kingsbury than Murray. He’s proven to be a losing coach after replacing a coach at the same school who never had a losing record in 10 years prior to KK taking over.

Solar7 likes this.
  6. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

And I wouldn't call you a hater for saying what you just said, but I would say that there are some legitimate Murray haters on this board.

Vacard likes this.
  7. mwanamatapa

mwanamatapa ASFN Contributor Contributor

Kingsbury reaching out to Riley is a good thing. Helps Murray with the transition to the NFL. Who wouldn't want that.
    On another note, I've watched quite a few of OU's complete games (not highlights) and there are a number of examples of Murray changing plays at the line of scrimmage. So he did have the freedom to audible. No reason to be sceptical about him picking up the offense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Vacard and daves like this.
  8. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

This. So much for Murray to learn at this level.

I don't dislike Murray. I was not in favor of us drafting him, but since we did he is now the QB of my team so I will support him

It's impossible for me to anoint him a great QB when he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.

KK had a losing record. What makes all these people think he knows how to lead a team to a winning record? Winning is something that a team has learn how to do. How to hold a lead, how to mount a comeback, how to make adjustments on the fly and many more things.

I'm in the wait and see how it works out before I start to compliment or criticize this team.

My hopes are up, but I don't have rose colored glasses.

blindseyed and Solar7 like this.
  9. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

Time they are allowed to work together is limited

daves likes this.
  10. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

He’s a, slow to process plays, midget, one-read-and-run QB with a passion for flashy plays over conservative football. Not to mention he has a stage dad of a father and the shortest arms in football history.

I’m surprised he wasn’t killed in college but these faster defensive players are going to kill him.

Wasted pick from a drunk at the wheel GM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

KK is basically the most hated NFL coach across social media right now. I am all for the already written off & college loser not following the same generic logic that gets played out every off season.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  12. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

See, this is the nonsense.

It's either sarcasm about him being terrible, or he's the best player ever. So few people will admit questions about him. I'm normally a very rational, middle-of-the-road kind of person/poster, and it's frustrating to see people so glued to one side of amazement.

Don't get me wrong, from @Crimson Warrior, totally makes sense. He gets to continue his fandom and root for a player, in the same way I would have if say, N'Keal Harry were drafted here.

Plain as day, I can see the skillset in Kyler, but this battle keeps going over other question marks. I'm really going to do my best to stay out of it. That's only kinda working.

I'll admit, bad or good, I do Google search Kyler Murray once a day, seeing if there's anything going on. Not for negativity, just because this is one of our most intriguing offseasons ever.

Delmar M Lewis likes this.
  13. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Okay. It’s just that many doubters point to the Alabama game as the end all be all reason to fail.

14. slanidrac16

Our draft pick Thompson was quoted as saying when kyler was having the success he had in the last three quarters that the defense was kind of “ damn, this ain’t supposed to be happening.”

b8rtm8nn and Krangthebrain like this.
  15. slanidrac16

Will you actually be cheering if, hypothetically cause in your eyes it isn’t possible, Murray goes 20 of 30 for 300 yds and 3 touchdowns on opening day?

Krangthebrain likes this.