Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ayton would come out aggressive fans would be more understanding. It's not just the numbers.
Monty seemed to indicate that Ayton's problem is the mental game, not aggressiveness.

I assume that if you are tentative--not sure about where you are supposed to be--it will look like you are not aggressive.

I guess that is encouraging in a way. It would be more about the learning curve than just an unmotivated player. Even the dumbest players eventually get it enough to make a difference. I am not sure if Ayton is just dumb or ignorant, but I has some learning to do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty seemed to indicate that Ayton's problem is the mental game, not aggressiveness.

I assume that if you are tentative--not sure about where you are supposed to be--it will look like you are not aggressive.

I guess that is encouraging in a way. It would be more about the learning curve than just an unmotivated player. Even the dumbest players eventually get it enough to make a difference. I am not sure if Ayton is just dumb or ignorant, but I has some learning to do.

I'm a believer behavior can precede feelings. If Ayton is told to go tear down the rim a few times it might help with his aggressiveness.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

While I could see that offensively, I don’t see the aggression on the boards. With his physical traits and how seemingly easily he rebounds, if he was aggressive he would average 13-15 rebounds/game. And while I realize what an incredible number that is, last year six players averaged in that range. If he was aggressive I’m sure he’d be in that mix.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
If Ayton would come out aggressive fans would be more understanding. It's not just the numbers.

Exactly! Using stats to assess Ayton's performance is no indication of whether or not
he affects the outcome of games. As a #1 pick Center, he was brought here to be a
major factor in lifting us to the next level. And, so far, no matter what we judge him
on, he has shown no sign whatsoever of fulfilling that role.

The major gripes -- he avoids contact, is an opportunity (not dominant) rebounder,
likes to play 20+ feet from the basket and is very inconsistent.

And his suspension is not an alibi. It is a further example of how he has let us down.