Kings @ Suns Saturday game thread 3-11-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, the Suns finish their two game home stand when the Kings visit.

The Kings are 38-26. They play the Knicks at home on Thursday.

Suns are 37-29 for the season after getting the win over the Thunder.

When: Saturday, March 11th

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:00 pm Arizona Time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the game with the Kings, the Suns play back-to back games, at the Warriors on Monday and at home against the Bucks on Tuesday.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
“People label themselves with all sorts of adjectives. I can only pronounce myself as 'nauseatingly miserable beyond repair'.”
― Franz Kafka

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If KD is back for the playoffs we still are ok.

Well as long as Booker doesn't get hurt. I probably shouldn't have said that out loud.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If KD is back for the playoffs we still are ok.

Well as long as Booker doesn't get hurt. I probably shouldn't have said that out loud.
This 3 game stretch is gonna be huge. Home against Sac, @ Golden State, Home against Milwaukee. We’re gonna need to DA to get more touches to take the load off Book.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mike Brown postgame after their win against the Knicks. Called out Fox and Sabonis. Knicks had 23 offensive rebounds, took 17 more shots than the Kings and yet lost the game. Sac has the best offensive rating in the clutch by a wide margin. I’m expecting a barn burner. We need this game. Especially with a tough b2b

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mike Brown postgame after their win against the Knicks. Called out Fox and Sabonis. Knicks had 23 offensive rebounds, took 17 more shots than the Kings and yet lost the game. Sac has the best offensive rating in the clutch by a wide margin. I’m expecting a barn burner. We need this game. Especially with a tough b2b
Credit where credit’s due. I slammed the Kings for hiring Mike Brown to be their head coach but dude has done a phenomenal job this year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And Shamet: I suspect that he's been fine for a long time and everyone except me knows it (probably leading people to say "you think?"). He is probably being ignored because the team isn't interested in giving him court time. He always was overpaid.
Monty loves Shamet, so I think this conspiracy is complete fiction.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about discussing which players are odd men out on the new Suns?

I see two: T.J. Warren and Landry Shamet. Warren's only great skill, scoring, simply is not needed much here. I think the Suns will cut him loose after this season, buying him out or trading him. I was always intrigued by Warren in his first Suns stiny, because they said his scoring style was retro. But I didn't understand that he plays no defense.

And Shamet: I suspect that he's been fine for a long time and everyone except me knows it (probably leading people to say "you think?"). He is probably being ignored because the team isn't interested in giving him court time. He always was overpaid.

TJ is relegated to standing the corner for 3's now. Not exactly his game.

Shamet is exactly what is need for the rotation. Can play defense, dribble and shoot. and Monty likes him. I dont understand how buying him out is an option even for next season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No; and as a scorer off the bench, he now has competition in Terrence Ross, who probably plays some defense.
Ross is horrible defensively, and I think is really a streak shooter.

I for one am hoping TJ gets some of the Durant minutes

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our offense is all about ball movement and TJ Warren does not seem aware that he is allowed to pass the ball upon receiving it.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welpers on durant inj but least he should be rdy for poffs the real season!

Hope dbook lead suns crush the kings!!! Sure even just having kd cherring them.on is good motivation!!

My alien og kush will paitently be awaiting results... lol

Gooo suns

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No; and as a scorer off the bench, he now has competition in Terrence Ross, who probably plays some defense.

And this is the issue i have with Monty at times, as he doesn't adjust the strategy for players.

Ross and Lee are the worse defenders on the team imo. They're the same person based on function and stats. Just Ross is taller and can be good for a highlight dunk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Landry Shamet sighting. He is moving pretty good so maybe there is hope.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says he will keep an open mind towards the bench players while seeking out the right rotation with Kevin Durant out.

I'm glad to hear this.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
I hope Monty can find way to use Warren more whose offensive skill is definitely the best among bench players. Ross is athletic enough to play good defense, but just has many bad habits particularly at switching. I believe with coaching instruction this can be improved soon.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I hope Monty can find way to use Warren more whose offensive skill is definitely the best among bench players. Ross is athletic enough to play good defense, but just has many bad habits particularly at switching. I believe with coaching instruction this can be improved soon.
Bench players are bench players because they're usually either streaky as all hell or consistent in their useful (albeit professional) mediocrity - meaning they can add a spark OR can be counted on to do certain things

TJ Warren is streaky. If he was capable of being the amazing version of himself every night he wouldn't be a bench player. Ross is also already everything he's going to be and no amount of coaching (this late in their careers) is going to change that

And Ross is just as good as Warren in that aspect - Ross can shoot the lights out as well when he's feeling it - so this "definitely the best" OPINION of yours would only be correct in certain games

Coaching isn't easy. The same strategies don't work in every game. The same bench players don't produce in every game, especially when different match ups are involved. Sometimes offense isn't the answer, which is primarily what Warren brings to the table and he doesn't even bring it every night. Love me some Tony Buckets, but we won't see him very often, it's more likely we'll see TJ Warren

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose