Kiddie Koncentration Kamps

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Dback Jon, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

There was one comment that really made sense to me. I went something like this:

CNN, NBC, ABC, etc., this should be the lead off story every night until the problem is solved.

thirty-two likes this.
  2. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Hard to blame them with a rapist in the White House who destroys relations with a different country every day, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. DWKB

DWKB Registered

4. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Except of course brown children.

5. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

The degree of civilization in a society is revealed by entering its prisons.

Linderbee and Russ Smith like this.
  6. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Melania has proven herself to be completely worthless and without heart. Just another ghoul in the White House.

Cardsfanstl likes this.
  7. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

From reports I read the government is spending $700 per child per day and they say they cannot afford soap and blankets for these children. Makes no sense. Greed is playing out here.

https://boingboing.net/2019/06/24/taxpayers-pay-775-per-child-p.html

Chris_Sanders likes this.
  8. DWKB

DWKB Registered

9. Kel Varnsen

What a coincidence.

10. Kel Varnsen

11. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

I am so outraged and feel so helpless by this. What in the holy effing eff? No plan to reunite these kids with their parents? No sanitary conditions? No care? No freaking bed, toothbrush, grooming, ANYTHING?????? I am sick everyday because of this. THIS is making America great? Go to hell if you believe that.

LVG, Cardsfanstl, Russ Smith and 4 others like this.
  12. Jersey Girl

We can pay this much money to imprison kids, but can't support public education? Our government is all for profit. Hey Republicans ... be the home of the brave and stand up against this crap. Otherwise, sit the eff down.

LVG, Cardsfanstl, Linderbee and 2 others like this.
  13. Jersey Girl

What can we do? Seriously? What can we do?

ozzfloyd likes this.
  14. Russ Smith

Honestly short of a movement where workers just flat refuse to do their jobs until this stops, meaning people who are border enforcement, working at the camps etc, I don't see what can be done. The people who abhor this situation are being pretty vocal about it and it's not changing a thing.

Ana Navaro on CNN last night was saying she really hopes this picture moves the needle and even a Republican honk on there said he thinks it will and that something has to give here. But then he tried and tried to go down the Dems have to do something road and Don Lemon just refused to let him cop out and do it.

The House is going to pass a bill for funding to improve conditions but Trump has already said he would veto the bill. The Senate bill is really a more money for the wall bill it's a we're going to give you small incremental improvements in the treatment of the kids and you give us billions more for a wall. The GOP continues to back the Dems into a corner, spending billions on a pointless wall won't help the situation, will hurt the country financially, and will IMO make things worse at the border. People contemplating trying to get in will try and rush in before the wall gets built, racist idiots in favor of this sort of stuff will see it as a "win" and be emboldened to be more racist.

I fully get why the Dems won't just capitulate on the wall to get Trump to stop the camps, they can't. He's proven time and time again he won't honor deals he makes anyways, and if you make any concessions to his blackmail he just increases the blackmail the next time.

Essentially we need an entire party of leaders, the GOP, to wake up today with a conscience and look in the mirror see that picture, read the story and decide this is not what the United States of America is supposed to represent. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

That picture is viral on social media and I see the same people who defend Trump on everyone else defending him on this too, they just don't seem to have hearts.

15. Russ Smith

Forgot to add. CNN has been talking to this Hispanic woman, late 20's early 30's maybe and she said maybe the scariest part of this whole thing from what she's seen is there is no plan by the GOP. If they all woke up today and said this is wrong we need to end it today, it would still be chaotic and hell for the families and children because they in so many cases don't know which kids go to which families. They simply aren't tracking it in a way that would allow them to put the families back together quickly, safely, and correctly if the policy were to end.

She said she thinks that part is largely intentional, it allows them to tell people look we can't just stop now we need to make the system better so we can eventually return kids to their families.

LVG likes this.