Kiddie Koncentration Kamps

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Dback Jon, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

From the article in the tweet below:

When Meybelin called again the next evening, she used a phone number that is associated with a shelter in Phoenix, run by Southwest Key Programs, a Texas-based nonprofit organization that has received $1.1 billion in federal contracts to house migrant children since 2014.

2. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

This just shows all the more why politics and religion, and trying to base your vote on what you think God is telling you instead of a common morality, decency, etc is harmful.

Religious extremism, of any stripe, is detrimental to the health of society

lorenzotexan likes this.
  3. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Well said...

4. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

This seems biblical as well.

5. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

I agree with this....and a party that once prided itself on morals and political decency no longer have that because they have allowed hate, fear, and false propaganda, to control their party. now there is just so much negative media out there and mud being thrown around by both sides. the swamp just smells worse than it was.

6. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

What's so sad and sickening is that they passionately believe they are standing on the most moral and high ground!! They refuse to consider anyone who believes differently than they do, as being moral, ethical or decent...All of this is tightly wrapped in a run-away sense of "nationalism" and "Americanism" that is also infused with consumerism and and militarism. :(

7. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Russ Smith likes this.
  8. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

9. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

NO this is a false equilency

Democrats are not ripping children get their parents or supporting those that are doing it

No both sides if this are NOT the same

UncleChris likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Suge White

I agree. I’m fine with those who’re religious, but for those who take it to the nth degree are insane to me

11. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Learned something new today. Didn't even realize that "who're" is a legitimate contraction. Thanks! :D

MrYeahbut and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  12. lorenzotexan

both parties have been dividing our country for a very long time. I'm not accusing the democrats for separating families at the border...nor republicans because many of them have pressured the white house to rethink their inhumane decision making. some not enough, but that was never the intent of my comment. please do not misconstrue that.

My comment is more for the extreme differences and lack of willingness of both parties to work together. and it has very much enabled the situation that we deal with now where we have the worse division among the two parties, mainstream media, and beyond. this is my viewpoint as a staunch independent. as poor as the republican party has been, and they are by far my least favourite at the moment, still yet I will not let democrats off the hook for what they have done as well. considering the thread topic I am not trying to get off topic with turning this into a partisan argument. but clearly we have a huge problem with immigration and we need desperately for both parties to do the right thing and work together and force the president to sign or veto a bill. I guess that is easy for me to say when many republicans face the chopping block soon.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  13. DWKB

DWKB Registered

I don't know how much of an "immigration problem" we have outside of funding and manpower, which is easy for Congress to approve. What we have is a refugee crisis and an foreign policy issue masked as an immigration issue.

These people aren't going to stop coming until their countries are livable again. The US needs to come up with a policy to facilitate that or just let them all in when they get here.

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  14. lorenzotexan

couldn't agree more. it does make me sick to my stomach.

15. lorenzotexan

I agree with this, but we have absolutely had an illegal immigration problem with mexico for decades which has yielded many problems. and congress has debated this and have done little to unite Americans on a way forward so that we can move on. yes we also have a refugee problem especially with central American countries and what many Americans fail to realize is that these are not all Mexicans crossing the border illegally looking to take advantage of the US economy or weak border control....yet as you say that is what some want us to believe. I am definitely pro immigration, but I also want to make a way to help people do it legally and become American Citizens if they desire to leave their old country.