Kidd files complaint against his wife

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
Both of the Kidd's are losers. It is too bad for 3 children. It is nice that they are no longer with the Suns. Yes Joumana is gorgeous but still a loser. They both deserve each other. The New York press will love it.

How good would the Suns have been if they never traded for Kidd and kept Nash to succeed KJ

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Although, we let Richard Dumas hang around a bit too long :bang:

Even earlier than that -- the mess with Sweet D broke my little heart. That was in 87 and they didn't resign him in 88 but everything was kind of screwed up at that time anyway.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
divorce??? What is Jason's hand getting too tired of smacking Joumana and kids around?? Now he needs a new punching bag??? This guy is a real piece of ****!!! Thank God we got rid of him

Man, I really believe she is as much or more of the problem than he is. At best, they are both the problem.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Marbury was traded shortly after his DUI.

No he wasn't. He got the DUI his first season in Phx around Christmas time and was signed to a max contract extention a year and a half later.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My wife is gorgeous but she thinks she's ugly. I lucked out.

and thats the truth..

diamonds in the ruff.. beautiful/gorgeous women who are down to earth and are not "into" their looks....

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
It must have been a communication problem. Trying to talk to someone with your kids big head in your way all the time has to get on your nerves.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
No he wasn't. He got the DUI his first season in Phx around Christmas time and was signed to a max contract extention a year and a half later.

You're closer to right than I was -- "shortly" was an overstatement. Marbury's arrest was in February, but he didn't go to court until 6-7 months later and that's when he served the 10 days and the one-game suspension. A year after that they gave him the extension and three months later he was in NY.

The three I mentioned weren't traded ONLY because of their run-ins with the law but that was one part of the big picture. Those were the JC days and he was very clear about his views on that kind of baggage and his strong focus on player character. Even so, the Kidd trade still surprised most fans. Trading Marbury made more sense except it followed so close on the heels of the fat contract. As it turned out, Cliff just took his problems along with him to Jersey.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kidd was traded not long after that incident.
Marbury was traded shortly after his DUI.
Uncle Cliffy got a DUI/possession in February 2001 and was traded 4 months later.

There were some before that, too. Suns have a history of shipping out players with mug shots. Not a bad trend.

I don't think Kidd was traded because of the incident itself, but how things developed afterwards. Kidd took some time off, but later complained that the Suns brass (BC in particular) tried to rush him back. He said that BC called several times asking when he was coming back.

Anyway, it created bad blood between Kidd and the C's, and the C's became convinced that Kidd would not resign with the Suns when his contract was up (I think he had 1.5 years or something left).

They traded him quickly, before his value dropped too much. Marbury was a pretty hot commodity at the time.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I can't give a source or any quotes from the interview because it was so long ago but I remember hearing Jerry Colangelo comment on one or the other of such situations. He was careful with words but at the time I thought he sounded very straitlaced in his view of players' outside 'activities.' From a purely business angle he was probably right.

Athletes are people and people have issues that lead to trouble. You don't have to condemn someone for what they do to realize that off-court messes can affect their on-court performance. Knowing the players probably played a part as well.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
It must have been a communication problem. Trying to talk to someone with your kids big head in your way all the time has to get on your nerves.

That's the second time I laughed out loud this week. The other one was the "chewing an apple through a chain-linked fence" description of Nowitski's jacked up grill.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're closer to right than I was -- "shortly" was an overstatement. Marbury's arrest was in February, but he didn't go to court until 6-7 months later and that's when he served the 10 days and the one-game suspension. A year after that they gave him the extension and three months later he was in NY.

The three I mentioned weren't traded ONLY because of their run-ins with the law but that was one part of the big picture. Those were the JC days and he was very clear about his views on that kind of baggage and his strong focus on player character. Even so, the Kidd trade still surprised most fans. Trading Marbury made more sense except it followed so close on the heels of the fat contract. As it turned out, Cliff just took his problems along with him to Jersey.

To me Marbury's DUI had absolutely nothing to do with it. I recall it being reported that JC spoke to Marbury about being accountable from his actions and when Marbury didn't use his fame to get out of his punishment(he could have just gotten community service) Jerry gave him a fresh start.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
That's the second time I laughed out loud this week. The other one was the "chewing an apple through a chain-linked fence" description of Nowitski's jacked up grill.

This one?

You must be registered for see images

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:

Looks like this is gonna get ugly..

I was just Kidd-ing

Jason backtracks on abuse claims in his divorce papers
By JOSE MARTINEZ, AUSTIN FENNER and CORKY SIEMASZKO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Jason Kidd is backing off claims he was a battered husband - just two weeks after the New Jersey Nets star cited "extreme cruelty" and smeared his spouse with a damning divorce petition.

Rest of the article: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-414751c.html

Nash

Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Is Jason's new free throw routine telling his wife to kiss his ass?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCHzhQJw6Zc

:biglaugh:

I found it uncanny when I saw his new routine because someone on this board (maybe this thread) joked that he should kiss his hands and wipe it on his a$$ in the future.

I request the guy/girl who predicted that to step forward and accept our applause. This board is becoming full of soothsayers - from treesquid's streak prediction to this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose