Kidd files complaint against his wife

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
Kidd files complaint against his wife

Wire services
Jan. 8, 2007 10:41 PM
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
New Jersey: Jason Kidd filed a domestic-violence complaint Monday against his wife, accusing her of mistreating their children. "It has been painful for Jason Kidd to watch the effect of his wife's behavior on their children," said Madeline Marzano-Lesnevich, a Hackensack, N.J., lawyer representing the guard.

Lesnevich would not comment further or discuss the details of the complaint, filed Monday in the domestic violence division of state Superior Court in Hackensack.

Police in Saddle River - where Kidd lives with his wife, Joumana, and their three children - said they haven't received any recent complaints or written any reports on any domestic-related matters from the home.

While playing for the Suns, Kidd was arrested in January 2001 after his wife called police and reported that he had hit her during an argument about their son, who was 2 at the time.

Milwaukee: G Michael Redd will be out four to six weeks with a left knee injury, the team announced on Monday.

Redd, the NBA's fifth-leading scorer at 27.7 points a game, hurt the knee during the Bucks' 95-86 loss to Cleveland on Friday night. He strained his patellar tendon, which connects the kneecap to the shinbone.

After evaluation and further testing by the team's medical staff, Redd will undergo rehabilitation for up to six weeks. . . . F Charlie Villanueva continues to nurse an injured right shoulder and was not available for the game in Denver. After sitting out the Bucks' past two games, Villanueva received a cortisone injection in his shoulder on Monday and will be re-evaluated in another week, the team said.

Philadelphia: Larry Brown said his return to the team as an executive vice president means he wants to help the fallen franchise only in his new role and has no immediate plans to coach again. "At this moment, no," he said.

Charlotte: F Melvin Ely said he asked to be traded before a game against the Lakers on Dec. 29. Ely doesn't hide his disappointment. The 6-foot-10 power forward turned down sign-and-trade offers from Golden State and the Suns before the start of training camp.

LA Clippers: Luke Jackson, a former first-round draft choice of the Cavaliers, signed a 10-day contract with the Clippers.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0108nbanb0109.html
[/FONT]

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
never make a pretty woman your wife

I wouldn't be surprised if Kidd's domestic incident in Phoenix was entirely different from the way it was reported. Super hot chicks are always head cases.

I wonder if he still blows kisses to her at the free throw line.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
It's the same gesture, but now the fingers are supposed to represent french fries.

HooverDam

Reaction score
She was probably feeding the kids french frys, which he thought of as abuse.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
never make a pretty woman your wife?????

what if you have a very ugly wife?
just asking..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never make a pretty woman your wife?????

what if you have a very ugly wife?
just asking..

If you have an ugly wife,
slit your wrist with a knife?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife is gorgeous but she thinks she's ugly. I lucked out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this just goes to show you that their relationship was then has always has been volatile. Kid was probably looking for a way out. If he accuses her of something then if there is a custody battle for the kids they both have a history of abuse issues.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, is this the end of the Jason and Joumana connection?

More importantly, will Jason quit blowing kisses at the backboard camera when he is shooting his free throws?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

More importantly, will Jason quit blowing kisses at the backboard camera when he is shooting his free throws?

Nah. He will still do it for the kids. Although, you could argue he would be blowing Joumana a different kind of kiss. :p

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score

Some slight modification of a different gesture would be appropriate.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Their son TJ has the biggest head I have ever seen on a human being. It's HUGE!

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
Joumana Kidd could beat me senseless and I'd love every minute of it.

I Heart you Joumana

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Kidd's domestic incident in Phoenix was entirely different from the way it was reported.

In all seriousness, I've always thought the whole thing was mainly to further her television "career" as ....... whatever she was supposed to be. A couple of reasons: first, he was reportedly holding a container of yogurt in the hand he "beat" her with (no easy task), and second, her flawless appearance the very next day at the news conference when she did the Tammy Wynette "Stand By Your Man" act ..... as well as most of the talking.

Whatever -- makes you wonder if she anticipated winding up in New Jersey.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, Kidd's wife contributed to him being traded by the Suns... just how much I'm not sure.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
divorce??? What is Jason's hand getting too tired of smacking Joumana and kids around?? Now he needs a new punching bag??? This guy is a real piece of ****!!! Thank God we got rid of him

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
IMO, Kidd's wife contributed to him being traded by the Suns... just how much I'm not sure.

Kidd was traded not long after that incident.
Marbury was traded shortly after his DUI.
Uncle Cliffy got a DUI/possession in February 2001 and was traded 4 months later.

There were some before that, too. Suns have a history of shipping out players with mug shots. Not a bad trend.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kidd was traded not long after that incident.
Marbury was traded shortly after his DUI.
Uncle Cliffy got a DUI/possession in February 2001 and was traded 4 months later.

There were some before that, too. Suns have a history of shipping out players with mug shots. Not a bad trend.

I tend to agree with you that the Suns have a short string on problem players but I do not think the DUI was the reason the Suns traded Marbury. I think Marbury gave a good effort while with the Suns, however, he just was not the type PG the Suns needed and was part of a salary dump along with Hardaway to the Knicks. I think the Suns saw more relationship problems with Kidd and his wife on the horizon.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Although, we let Richard Dumas hang around a bit too long :bang: