Keys to the season

Sultan

Reaction score
1. A fast start. This team faltered out of the gates last year and never caught up.

2. Raanta: He must stay injury free and play a lot. He's one of the league's best goalies and will be the only way the Yotes make the playoffs.

3. The development of Dylan Strome. You cant waste a number three pick overall and get zero contribution. The fair question is : Is this guy a minor league sensation or can his game translate into the NHL. I personally say NO. He has two big negatives going against him. He's not quick and he's weak on the puck. You cant have that combination in today's game. He's got great hands but time and space in the show is a lot different then time and space in the bush.

4. Alex Galchenyuk. He needs to be healthy and have a big year. Domi was often the only guy on this team creating last year. His numbers didnt reflect it but outside of Keller he was still the next best weapon. I do think Alex will thrive here out of the pressure cooker of Montreal.

5. Overall team game. This team has some good pieces in place on paper. But can these guys play a 200 foot game. Far too often the D was left to fend for themselves. Too many soft forwards on this team.

6. OEL. New contract. Now the Captain. I see him stepping up and playing well. At times last year he was a turn over machine.

7. The continued progression of Dvorak, Perlini and Keller. All three guys have blue chip written all over them. They are young and talented . They need to continue to progress. Keller can be a superstar but Perlini can be another Jeff Carter. Fast with a great shot.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. A fast start. This team faltered out of the gates last year and never caught up.

2. Raanta: He must stay injury free and play a lot. He's one of the league's best goalies and will be the only way the Yotes make the playoffs.

3. The development of Dylan Strome. You cant waste a number three pick overall and get zero contribution. The fair question is : Is this guy a minor league sensation or can his game translate into the NHL. I personally say NO. He has two big negatives going against him. He's not quick and he's weak on the puck. You cant have that combination in today's game. He's got great hands but time and space in the show is a lot different then time and space in the bush.

4. Alex Galchenyuk. He needs to be healthy and have a big year. Domi was often the only guy on this team creating last year. His numbers didnt reflect it but outside of Keller he was still the next best weapon. I do think Alex will thrive here out of the pressure cooker of Montreal.

5. Overall team game. This team has some good pieces in place on paper. But can these guys play a 200 foot game. Far too often the D was left to fend for themselves. Too many soft forwards on this team.

6. OEL. New contract. Now the Captain. I see him stepping up and playing well. At times last year he was a turn over machine.

7. The continued progression of Dvorak, Perlini and Keller. All three guys have blue chip written all over them. They are young and talented . They need to continue to progress. Keller can be a superstar but Perlini can be another Jeff Carter. Fast with a great shot.
Very good synopsis of how to be strong right out of the gate.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson