Kevin Spacey comes out as gay after Pedophilia accusations

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by GatorAZ, Oct 30, 2017.

1. DWKB

DWKB Registered

...and Washington D.C. is Hollywood for ugly people.

LVG likes this.
  2. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

There is some truth to what cheese says, but he is understandably cynical. We've been in the "industry" for many years and it's not a complete cesspool like he says. There is a strong sense of community, regardless of all the horrible rumors (and truths) that come out of this town.

3. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

I would be considered an artist with a degree in theatre and that has not been my experience working with people in the Arts. And a side question, are Weinstein and Hollywood power execs considered artists in Hollywood?

4. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Lol... pretty much.

LVG likes this.
  5. cheesebeef

And yes, I am pretty cynical.

6. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

At the Oscars? It's because they want to be on the right side of his power, of course. You may disagree with it, but surely you understand it.

7. cheesebeef

I totally understand it but it doesn't make them any less hypocritical and hypocrisy seems to be something that bothers me more than anything else these days.

And yes... there ARE good people out here. I love my group of friends and really love when I get to go to set because it's there that I find the best/most interesting people mostly working behind the camera.

8. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

Me too, but I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that hypocrisy is the price of success. I'm "successful" in certain ways, but not in the ways that I set out to be when I entered this profession. There are a bunch of reasons for that, but high on the list is that I'm too principled. That sucks, but, in the final analysis, it's who I am. There are "qualifications" that I didn't know about going in, and which I turn out not to have, and I have to find a way to be okay with that. One part of that acceptance is to see the hypocrisy for what it is -- in most cases, a pretty simple power calculation -- and be less personally threatened by it.

9. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

The thing is, he never even truly apologized. The words "apologize" or "sorry" never appear in his statement. I was a fan too.

10. Ronin

Ronin Registered

11. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIMâ„¢ Contributor

12. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Sylvester Stallone was accused of sexual assault by a 16-year-old girl while he was filming a movie in Las Vegas in the late 1980s, according to a bombshell police report obtained by DailyMail.com.

The Rocky actor was 40 years old when an unnamed teenager disclosed to Las Vegas police that she had been 'intimidated' into having sex with him and his bodyguard Michael 'Mike' De Luca at the former Las Vegas Hilton hotel in July 1986.

The 16-year-old claimed she had sex with Stallone and he encouraged De Luca to join them. At that point she became 'very uncomfortable' with the encounter but felt she had 'no choice'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eesome.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailceleb

13. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIMâ„¢ Contributor

Charge against Kevin Spacey dropped after alleged victim pleads the 5th

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/us/kevin-spacey-charge-dropped/index.html

Massachusetts prosecutors on Wednesday dropped a criminal case against actor Kevin Spacey, a week after a man who accused him of assault pleaded the fifth on the witness stand.

Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O'Keefe said the decision was made "due to the unavailability of the complaining witness," according to a court filing.

Spacey, 59, had faced criminal charges of indecent assault and battery in connection with a July 2016 incident where he was accused of groping a young man in a bar. The former "House of Cards" star had pleaded not guilty and faced up to five years in prison, if convicted.

The alleged victim, who CNN is not naming, exercised his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in a July 8 pre-trial hearing focused on the disappearance of the victim's cell phone and questions about whether he had deleted text messages before turning the phone over to authorities.

14. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Wow. Make accusations that completely derail the mans career and then plead the fifth on the accusation when you are asked to accuse under oath. Will he recover?

15. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Probably not. The mere allegation usually sticks with the defendant forever.