Kevin Kolb

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's HUGE. ...but completely unsurprising. If schmucks like us can identify his problem, then professional coaches should be be able to fix it, IMO. Kudos to them to being able to successfully make the adjustment.

(fingers crossed that it sticks)

I just mean it's stunning what a difference it makes. and it's not an easy correction I'm sure the coaches have been telling him that for awhile but it's one of those things that is hard to do. You're used to one way doing it another is just not easy.

Whatever he did it's working, he's so much better because of it.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was watching NFC playbook on NFL channel Friday night, Baldy made a point of showing several plays where Kolb bolted the pocket when he really didn't need to. It was pretty obvious on tape that stepping up was the better play, but he sure seemed to do much better this week.

Based on this Baldy, Sharp and McNabb all picked the Eagles to win.... too bad for them

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He played well, but man it sucks that pass to Roberts was called back.

Sure Fitz tap him on the back, but I think it was a bit ticky-tack. The defender still could make a play on Roberts since Fitz was right behind him.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played well, but man it sucks that pass to Roberts was called back.

Sure Fitz tap him on the back, but I think it was a bit ticky-tack. The defender still could make a play on Roberts since Fitz was right behind him.
Fitz needed to keep his hands off the guy's back. You could tell Fitz knew he didn't need to do it.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Nice post JG, and well deserved on the part of Kolb. The most pleasing point to me is that he played well despite almost certainly having to keep his emotions in check playing against his old team, AND his thoughts channeled away from the condition of his wife. That's a lot of baggage to carry into any game, much less one to go 3-0 against the best offense in the league, and a defense that has fed on top offenses so far. This was the break-out game I was hoping for by Kevin Kolb. Most impressive of all is that he rallied his offensive players around him, challenging them to dig down and perform in the huddle. He has won this offense over, and has EARNED the right to be our QB.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This picture makes him look like he's standing in someone's intestines.

I hope Kolb can keep playing within himself. We don't need him to be a guy that throws for 350 yards a game. We need him to be a guy that limits mistakes and takes what is given...just like it appears he did yesterday. Good on Kolb.

I think its a great pic.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its a great pic.
I don't disagree. But the inflatable tunnel looks like the inside of a body.

EDIT: My bad. It doesn't look like an intestine, it looks like a colon.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I love ths line from Michael Silver's article:

just when he seemed to be punching his ticket for the Matt Leinart Express Train to insignificance

Looks like that train was cancelled :)

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I was going to start a similar thread.

Kolb is making a believer out of me. He is the clear cut starter right now, and was was on the Skelton ban wagon.

Me too, but Kolb has played pretty well. He's shown he deserves the shot (at starting) until he proves otherwise. But he is showing that magic C word - Consistency. It's all the team lacks or lacked. It can be a severely C team - Competitive. :D

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a different player right now than we saw last year and this preseason. The benching really seems to have hit him mentally. He has to trust his protection and stay in the pocket, he is doing it and the results are plain to see. I hope he keeps it up.

If he can bring us to 6-0 with these winable games coming up I will gladly superimpose a head on my headless chicken avatar.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a different player right now than we saw last year and this preseason. The benching really seems to have hit him mentally. He has to trust his protection and stay in the pocket, he is doing it and the results are plain to see. I hope he keeps it up.

If he can bring us to 6-0 with these winable games coming up I will gladly superimpose a head on my headless chicken avatar.

How long will it be until you change your avatar if he continues to play serviceably?:D

EDIT..sorry you answered your own question..... well, I thought you might want to leave it so as to avoid the Duckjake curse

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How sad were the last two years that we have a thread 3 pages long praising a
QB because he didn't lose the game and completed more than 60% of his passes and actually stepped up in the pocket while passing for 222 yards.

The Cards net passing yards the last two games has been an average of 166 yards. Warner used to throw for that in a half. We're 29th in passing yards and 27th in rushing yards and the offense has scored 3 TDs in a game only twice in the last 12 games. The new QB rating system for Arizona = Concussions+step up into the pockets/lucky catches by Michael Floyd.

Thank God we have a defense because Kolb isn't getting this offense going anywhere.

:stick:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That happens, right? He is not Kurt Warner. :)

Of course it does.

I'm Team Kolb, of course. Remember, he is my guy. Until Lindley has to start, who is REALLY my guy.

And until we retroactively tank last years' season and draft Luck, who is STILL my guy.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it does.

I'm Team Kolb, of course. Remember, he is my guy. Until Lindley has to start, who is REALLY my guy.

And until we retroactively tank last years' season and draft Luck, who is STILL my guy.
Luck is too hillbilly-looking for me. I can't support him.

You must be registered for see images

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luck is too hillbilly-looking for me. I can't support him.

You must be registered for see images

Yeah his scraggly facial hair and haircut were common topics when he was at Stanford. Also was a wrinkly tshirt guy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did he think he was attending Berkeley?

No I think he's just one of those kids who felt that wasn't as important as getting good grades and winning football games.

Or maybe he just hates to shave who knows. I can't recall the last time I saw him on the sideline with a clean shaven face though.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard on 620 today - top 3 QB's with passing streaks without throwing an INT are...

1. Blaine Gabbert
2. Christian Ponder
3. Kevin Kolb

:stick:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like how he is spreading it out, and I think we have a gamer in Kolb. Our defense will win some games, but Kolb has to keep this up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose