Kevin Kolb Released

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Carson Palmer has made the memory of his time here go away.

Feel bad for Kolb, sounds like his career is over.

"Bills released QB Kevin Kolb.
Still not cleared from a concussion he suffered in the 2013 preseason, this transaction may end Kolb's career. Kolb has thrown for 5,206 yards and started 21 games in his career.
"

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carson Palmer has made the memory of his time here go away.

Feel bad for Kolb, sounds like his career is over.

"Bills released QB Kevin Kolb.
Still not cleared from a concussion he suffered in the 2013 preseason, this transaction may end Kolb's career. Kolb has thrown for 5,206 yards and started 21 games in his career.
"

Cosign.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, still not cleared.

It should be the end of his career. Health-wise he should have hung them up a while ago. But he hung in there and got more money, his prerogative. At this point he should value his life and well being a bit more.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If he still aint cleared he should just retire on his own terms, brain injuries are a serious thing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude...RETIRE.

If not for your own sake, for your family's.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Someone needs to do a full documentary on the results of head injuries, especially in showing the results of ex-players, with in-depth videos, interviews, and their current condition and family life. It would be so worthy of attention and accurate open reporting. A picture is worth a thousand words. I really wonder how many ex-players suffer from brain dysfunction and disease. What percentage are showing the effects as time goes by? What is their lives like now?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Had to stop reading. That was horrifying
indeed

i know the "Blok" nickname was thrown around here during that era --

while i am sure it would have never been used had anyone known what was going on -- it makes you think

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That story was a horrifying/sad read. Kolb got brutalized throughout his career on the field and a lot of coaches seemed to make sure they wrung every last bit of him on the field, damn the consequences.
The story on Eric Kramer is worse.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I remember when Kolb had the rib injury. My wife was in med school at the time and was working under one of the docs who had been treating it. She said that the fractures were so bad, they almost damaged his lungs.

Now, the dude can hardly go anywhere without wearing sunglasses because of all of the concussions.

Dude had some of the worst buzzard’s luck in NFL history.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That story was a horrifying/sad read. Kolb got brutalized throughout his career on the field and a lot of coaches seemed to make sure they wrung every last bit of him on the field, damn the consequences.
Sounds like Whisenhunt was one of the worst offenders.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I wonder how many other players we've said, "whoah! That dude sucks!" and the real reason was stuff like this.
Way more than you’d be comfortable knowing about
agree with this

i suspect for every one player who truly "didnt care" or "was unmotivated" there are like 10 who were injured and trying to play through it

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
WhisenPunt destroyed Beanie Wells in the same fashion.

Beanie Wells had injury concerns coming out of college and then got injured immediately after signing his rookie contract and showing up for training camp. Then, he was constantly injured with the Cardinals before injuring himself while trying out for the Ravens. Beanie Wells was one of the most injury-plagued players in recent football history. I don’t blame Whisenhunt for that

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Beanie Wells had injury concerns coming out of college and then got injured immediately after signing his rookie contract and showing up for training camp. Then, he was constantly injured with the Cardinals before injuring himself while trying out for the Ravens. Beanie Wells was one of the most injury-plagued players in recent football history. I don’t blame Whisenhunt for that
Pretty sure he ran for a thousand yards on a shredded knee as to not make WhisenPunt angry. And, like Kolb felt pressure to play with injures Including concussions.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure he ran for a thousand yards on a shredded knee as to not make WhisenPunt angry. And, like Kolb felt pressure to play with injures Including concussions.
Whisenhunt won 4 playoff games & took this franchise to a SB. You may have to wait a few lifetimes before another Cardinal coach accomplishes that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose