Kerwynn Williams

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had to post. I just had to. I have been reading a ton of threads on whether Cooper is responsible for a better run game (I think he helps a lot).

But one thing I haven't seen a lot of? Kerwynn Williams praise. This kid is a beast. I am Ellington's #1 fan but he should be getting a little worried. I was yelling at the TV when any other RB came in. Anyone else see the cuts and vision this kid has? If you squint your eyes and turn off the color on your TV you might be fooled into thinking your watching Barry Sanders highlights.

I know the above will be bashed as overpraising but my point is we may have a lot more in this kid than anyone knows yet.

***Oh and I also think Lindley will not be starting going for forward they just put him in on the road, cold. Thomas will take the reins...imo.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been very happy with kerwich and Taylor looked very good yesterday too. I am starting to stray from wanting another RB next year to compliment ellington, i think those RBs are already on the roster we just need to rotate more.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off - good to see you post again

Second - agree with you - he has shown a lot - I posted a number of times on the game thread why not run KW on first?

That being said, Taylor looks more effective these last two games as well.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's had 175 yards in 2 games... that's the big time for the Cards.

omg, it's you Turbo... welcome back!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the kid's got talent. he's got wiggle and doesn't go down on first contact.

if he can be brought back, a stable of a healthy Ellington, Williams and Taylor is probably good to go where we don't have to focus any time/money on that position going into next season. which would be nice.

just a shame... you put THIS running game with Palmer and this D... jesus. We'd have a legit shot at 13-3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than the fumble he was really good again last night. He's got more wiggle and cut ability than taylor, and he runs harder than Ellington.

I really like him

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has talent, but it would seem, backed by PFF numbers, that the key to his and Taylor's improvement has been moving Larsen to right guard.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Other than the fumble he was really good again last night. He's got more wiggle and cut ability than taylor, and he runs harder than Ellington.

I really like him

Suprisingly Taylor showed some wiggle on 2 good runs as well.

The painter has shown flashes in his 2 games of being a better RB for longer stretches than Dre & he breaks tackles along with being more decisive.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The painter has shown flashes in his 2 games of being a better RB for longer stretches than Dre & he breaks tackles along with being more decisive.

I think a healthy Ellington is still really good, lots of runs this year where he was an eyelash from breaking free, last year he did, this year he just didn't have the burst.

I like all 3 of them.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Taylor on that one run looked elusive as hell. The RB position is so weird.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taylor on that one run looked elusive as hell. The RB position is so weird.

I love how Arians uses his RBs. He's an old RB coach, and he clearly knows how to keep them sharp by giving them all action or special plays every game.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this willimas is very good,,has better acceleration then ellington and his quick in changing direction, and even if he is small he is tough and hard to bring him down,also i was impressed with his blocking skills

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
this willimas is very good,,has better acceleration then ellington and his quick in changing direction, and even if he is small he is tough and hard to bring him down,also i was impressed with his blocking skills

He is more direct in hitting the hole but he does not have better acceleration than Ellington, they are similar backs... Ellington is like the deluxe model, and Williams is the standard model minus all the bells and whistles lol

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

if he can be brought back, a stable of a healthy Ellington, Williams and Taylor is probably good to go where we don't have to focus any time/money on that position going into next season. which would be nice.

just a shame... you put THIS running game with Palmer and this D... jesus. We'd have a legit shot at 13-3.

13 - 3???? Hell, we're talking legit shot at playing in UoP on Feb 1st!!!!!!

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like the split use of Williams/Taylor. BA should have used Ellington/Taylor like that and Ellington may still be on the field IMO.

Williams is a real find, so far, we'll see where it goes. But the kid has shown some good running skills the last 2 games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I like about Williams the most is he hits holes harder than anyone else we have. Ellington is probably faster and for sure shiftier but Kerwich hits the hole like there is a million dollars in it.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We still do :)

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have been very happy with kerwich and Taylor looked very good yesterday too. I am starting to stray from wanting another RB next year to compliment ellington, i think those RBs are already on the roster we just need to rotate more.

Ellington is not big enough to be and ever down running back. We need at least three RBs. One will surely get injured during the season and the other two and give each other rest during the game. Many teams have gone to the two RBs rather than one primary carrier.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the split use of Williams/Taylor. BA should have used Ellington/Taylor like that and Ellington may still be on the field IMO.

Williams is a real find, so far, we'll see where it goes. But the kid has shown some good running skills the last 2 games.

The thought of having a healthy Ellington in the mix with Williams and Taylor hurts a bit.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
He was a beast at Utah State in his Senior year (2012). He rushed for over 1,500 yards and had a lot of pass receiving yards too. Waived by the Colts and Chargers. Sometime you do not realize what you have at RB, unless you use it! :D

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The thing I like about Williams the most is he hits holes harder than anyone else we have. Ellington is probably faster and for sure shiftier but Kerwich hits the hole like there is a million dollars in it.

Exactly like I stated too, Williams is very decisive when he gets the ball and does not dance at all :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson