Kerryon Johnson waived

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
You're good with Chase Edmonds, Eno, and a week 5 Jags practice squad player when Conner's out 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain?

Last years Jaguars practice squad running back Robinson had almost 1100 yards rushing and over 1400 yards from scrimmage. Thats exactly Krangthebrains point.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Last years Jaguars practice squad running back Robinson had almost 1100 yards rushing and over 1400 yards from scrimmage. Thats exactly Krangthebrains point.

Year's :bim: and That's :bim: and Krangthebrain's :bim:

Sorry, I can't turn off writer brain :)

Oh, so Robinson's going to be on their practice squad this year, too? Good to know.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Year's :bim: and That's :bim: and Krangthebrain's :bim:

Sorry, I can't turn off writer brain :)

Oh, so Robinson's going to be on their practice squad this year, too? Good to know.

You guys can continue to ignore that lots of high functioning offenses have had players that were worse than Conner and Edmonds, but the fact remains. It's not the crippling blow you think it is.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You guys can continue to ignore that lots of high functioning offenses have had players that were worse than Conner and Edmonds, but the fact remains. It's not the crippling blow you think it is.

But having two marginal NFL RBs, one of which has major injury concerns, isn't a recipe for success. You don't want your cupboard to be bare conceivably a game or two into the season and HAVE TO rely on getting a starter-level contributor off a practice squad. It can be done, but I don't want it to be THE PLAN.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Kerryon could pass a physical, I can't think of a better guy to sign. If he stays healthy, you get a comp pick when he leaves next year. If he gets injured, you are out 2 mil that you are sitting on anyway.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At a certain point beggars can’t be choosers?

Actually when you preach the entire off season that you dont want injured players and claim that Conner is garbage. Yea y
If Kerryon could pass a physical, I can't think of a better guy to sign. If he stays healthy, you get a comp pick when he leaves next year. If he gets injured, you are out 2 mil that you are sitting on anyway.

His production when healthy for 2 seasons is abysmal. Even at only 2 million. You can get 3.6 yards a carry for a minimum deal anywhere im guessing?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually when you preach the entire off season that you dont want injured players and claim that Conner is garbage. Yea y

His production when healthy for 2 seasons is abysmal. Even at only 2 million. You can get 3.6 yards a carry for a minimum deal anywhere im guessing?

Shane don't forget he played for the lions, historically(at least last 10 years) the worst rushing offense in the nfl

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This guy has been a thorn in our side before and has been a thorn in my side in fantasy on the opposing team every time he has one of his bigger games.

I say get him.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But having two marginal NFL RBs, one of which has major injury concerns, isn't a recipe for success. You don't want your cupboard to be bare conceivably a game or two into the season and HAVE TO rely on getting a starter-level contributor off a practice squad. It can be done, but I don't want it to be THE PLAN.

How is 4.8 YPC on 160 carries the last 2 years and 4.16 YPC on 285 carries the last 2 years "marginal NFL RB's"? Conner had 4.3 YPC last year behind one of the worst run blocking lines in the league.

You can argue they might be average, but saying they are barely NFL quality RB's is a bit much.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I loved Kerryon coming out of Auburn. I would love to see the Cardinals grab him and see if could fit KKs offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

His rookie year was great. The last two years were disappointing. He plays for a terrible franchise. He was a 2nd round pick. He is 24.

I get that he isn't a world beater, but if he was, he would not have been cut. He is a young RB who has shown in the past three years that he can play all 3 downs. He has some issues with injury, but we don't need him for a full time role. This is a cheap gamble to add a risky player with talent. All I am saying.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane don't forget he played for the lions, historically(at least last 10 years) the worst rushing offense in the nfl

ehhh he had a good average 3 years ago with the Lions?

Deandre Swift had no problem averaging 4.6 behind that Detroit OL so not really a valid point.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He's got an injury history and he's a running back. Thumbs down. We already have James Connor in that category.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
I dont care about Kerryon Johnson either way. He will not make or break our team.

He is essentially a low ceiling insurance at a position of relative weakness and relative unimportance.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Especially RBs, really not a position that you need to invest a whole lot in. Just have serviceable ones and some depth and you will be fine.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His rookie year was great. The last two years were disappointing. He plays for a terrible franchise. He was a 2nd round pick. He is 24.

I get that he isn't a world beater, but if he was, he would not have been cut. He is a young RB who has shown in the past three years that he can play all 3 downs. He has some issues with injury, but we don't need him for a full time role. This is a cheap gamble to add a risky player with talent. All I am saying.

I'm pretty sure his knee is cooked which is why his production dropped and he was waived. I'm guessing he goes unclaimed and has to try prove his knee is OK.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only on ASFN will you find 5 pages discussing the potential acquisition of a sub par backup RB that would barely even see the field.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is 4.8 YPC on 160 carries the last 2 years and 4.16 YPC on 285 carries the last 2 years "marginal NFL RB's"? Conner had 4.3 YPC last year behind one of the worst run blocking lines in the league.

You can argue they might be average, but saying they are barely NFL quality RB's is a bit much.

Here is what it boils down to me.

Kerryon at his best, was far better than Conner at his best.

Considering the level of backs we have behind Conner, he is more than worth paying the min to and seeing what he has left.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
only on ASFN will you find 5 pages discussing the potential acquisition of a sub par backup RB that would barely even see the field.

Our 3rd back is almost guarenteed to get caries at some point. All that has to happen is your one or two get injured even once - which is almost guarenteed.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our 3rd back is almost guarenteed to get caries at some point. All that has to happen is your one or two get injured even once - which is almost guarenteed.
Yeah. If we sign him he might be worth three pages of discussion.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here is what it boils down to me.

Kerryon at his best, was far better than Conner at his best.

Considering the level of backs we have behind Conner, he is more than worth paying the min to and seeing what he has left.

When has Kerryon EVER been better than Conner? Maybe you are talking about him being better at playing Chinese checkers, because Conner has actually made a Pro Bowl, while Johnson has had a few good games over the years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose