Kent State @ ASU

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniels knows how to avoid the hit.

Kent State has a few impressive front seven players.

TD Aiyuk!!!

Pass play goes for 77 yards. Sweet. I thought Daniels was in trouble on that play.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
O line needs some work. Sounds very familiar of another local team

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty good game last night, lots of positives, lots of things to work on.

The O line is definitely concern. Senior Left Tackle Zach Robertson was supposed to be part of this all senior kick A offensive line this year. But he has been out for weeks for "personal reasons". So they moved their center Cabral over to left tackle and had Cade Cote taking over at center. That was not ideal and taking a lot of adjustment. Then apparently, on Sunday Cade Cote breaks his foot and is now out 6-8 weeks. So now they have true freshman Dohnovan West playing center, snapping to our true freshman QB behind an O line that was already being reshuffled. I am wondering whether they should move Cabral back to center now?

But hopefully they will progress, but there was way too much pressure on Daniels last night, and not enough holes for Benjamin to get through, against a lesser opponent. In a couple of games, they will be facing Michigan State. That could be a rude awakening.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't want to be negative, and I think I'm mostly just still bent from losing the bet by taking the over. I was greatly disappointed with the offense especially the rush offense. Maybe Kent State is greatly improved, but a year ago this was one of the worst rush defenses in fbs. I look forward to this getting covered in depth on Monday in the Speak of the Devils podcast.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Pretty good game last night, lots of positives, lots of things to work on.

The O line is definitely concern. Senior Left Tackle Zach Robertson was supposed to be part of this all senior kick A offensive line this year. But he has been out for weeks for "personal reasons". So they moved their center Cabral over to left tackle and had Cade Cote taking over at center. That was not ideal and taking a lot of adjustment. Then apparently, on Sunday Cade Cote breaks his foot and is now out 6-8 weeks. So now they have true freshman Dohnovan West playing center, snapping to our true freshman QB behind an O line that was already being reshuffled. I am wondering whether they should move Cabral back to center now?

But hopefully they will progress, but there was way too much pressure on Daniels last night, and not enough holes for Benjamin to get through, against a lesser opponent. In a couple of games, they will be facing Michigan State. That could be a rude awakening.

Gotta stay real with this team... 6 wins is where they’ll likely finish. Anything above that is a banner season.