Kelly Oubre...

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TJ

I believe TJ mentioned an Arizona alum one time that might be an option. IIRC, the name was Moreno.

Artie Moreno, owns the Angels. But I'm not sure I'd rush to bring in an owner that is so outspokenly supportive of the soon to be former president.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why in the world should that matter?

I don't want to turn this thread political but whether Donald is racist or not, he's clearly perceived that way by most of the NBA. I don't know how much of an issue it would be but for example, the Houston owner is also a Trump supporter and that, reportedly, has a lot to do with Harden's desire to get out of town.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Artie Moreno, owns the Angels. But I'm not sure I'd rush to bring in an owner that is so outspokenly supportive of the soon to be former president.

I was simply mentioning the name of someone I heard who had the ability to buy the Suns.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
I always petitioned Bob Parsons to own the Suns, former owner of Godaddy.com. I worked there while he was the owner, it was the best company i worked for. He treated his employees like gold and spent money for sure to keep his employees happy and I think he would do the same exact thing with the Suns.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
I always petitioned Bob Parsons to own the Suns, former owner of Godaddy.com. I worked there while he was the owner, it was the best company i worked for. He treated his employees like gold and spent money for sure to keep his employees happy and I think he would do the same exact thing with the Suns.

Dude also owns PXG. For what he charges for golf clubs alone I can see why he's a billionaire.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you leave politics out of it. For God sakes man.

Can you try to read the actual words instead? I'm not making it political. And what's God got to do with it, do you have to make everything about religion? (*** for tat)

The NBA is primarily populated with people that believe Donald is actively racist. It doesn't matter whether he is or not, the perception inarguably exists. And since the Sterling fiasco, the players are far less likely to just go along to get along. An owner perceived to be racist is likely to have a much tougher time building a strong team in today's clime.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Can you try to read the actual words instead? I'm not making it political. And what's God got to do with it, do you have to make everything about religion? (*** for tat)

The NBA is primarily populated with people that believe Donald is actively racist. It doesn't matter whether he is or not, the perception inarguably exists. And since the Sterling fiasco, the players are far less likely to just go along to get along. An owner perceived to be racist is likely to have a much tougher time building a strong team in today's clime.
The NBA is populated by people who care about money bottom line. Angelos doesent have a bad rap.

why anyone right now would be interested in buying a team would be beyond me. The NBA is a league who has had ever increasing lower interest.

Last edited: