Kelly Oubre...

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by 82CardsGrad, Mar 5, 2019.

1. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

I STILL think that is the case with Josh Jackson...IF he can ever get his head out of his butt and on straight. That's the difference right there. Oubre is not the headcase that Josh Jackson has proved to be. That being said, dumping Jackson at his low point for nothing and giving up assets to do so is par for the course for this management group this offseason.

2. sdscard4

sdscard4 Registered

Josh Jackson absolutely stinks. Addition by subtraction. Just watching him play you know he will never be close to an all star. To keep using him to bash the FO is reaching.

3. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

They didn't even bother trying to see what a solid coach like Monty Williams could have done with him, particularly in the wake of Josh Jackson showing major signs in a half of a season under a lesser coach in Jay Triano.

4. sdscard4

sdscard4 Registered

Maybe cause they see him everyday...his work habits....dedication ..you know things we as forum members don't. I know you like to think you know more but maybe our FO does.

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  5. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

Actually, I am pretty darn sure Monty Williams hasn't seen diddly squat when it comes to Josh Jackson, not because it's not there but because Monty Williams has yet to interact much, if at all, with his players.

6. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I totally agree with this assessment. There is the outside chance that Bridges could develop into that #3 player--not Rubio or Oubre imo.

We potentially have max money next summer, just in case a potential #3 player becomes available.
    We also have Tyler's contract and all our future picks to include if a player becomes available at the trade deadline--and someone always does.

I am curious what KIND of player that #3 player needs to be. PF, wing or pg.

I think Rubio can hang on here for a long time and be the starter on a championship level team if the other players are good enough. So, the type of player we need is a 3 or 4 of all-star quality. Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, etc. Or maybe a player that might eventually be on that level (Aaron Gordon, maybe?).

It looks to me like Minny is going into full tank mode. I wonder if KT will be asking out soon.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  7. Proximo

Proximo Registered

I agree there is a better chance of Bridges becoming our 3 than Oubre - but I still think the chance is low. I actually think Lecque has the best shot of becoming our 3rd star, but that is also unlikely.

8. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

Yeah, I don't get the fascination with Bridges. He seems like an okay pickup, but I don't see star potential in him at all. I think this board overrates him because we know the Suns paid such a high price.

9. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

Bridges is the quintessential solid role player. Nobody outside of this board has EVER labeled Bridges as having NBA star potential.

10. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

If that is the case, he is overrated by the entire league, because he is highly respected around the league.

11. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I'm with you. He seems like he can be a really good 3 and D guy. But that's a role player.

And it's not like Bridges was really young when we drafted him. He was one of the oldest players in the draft, 22 years old when the season started and still hadn't developed handles that could have abused much younger college players. Will he get better? Yes. At least I hope so, because even for all the talk of his shooting in college, he wasn't very good from 3 in his rookie season (another reason I chuckle at those who think Cam Johnson and Gerome are instantly going to give us outside shooting... because they're old and were good shooters in college).

12. cheesebeef

by who? His defense is recognized as solid, but literally nothing else is. is this like when I hear James Jones is really highly respected by the league with almost nothing to back it up?

13. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

Klay Thompson is a 3 and D player. I'm not saying Bridges will be that good, but he's got the tools. I'd say he's actually a better defender than Klay and I believe his 3 point percentage will rise. He shot what 43% in college? Guys that can play lock down defense and hit the 3 at an elite rate are EXTREMELY valuable in today's NBA. There's not that many of them.

14. cheesebeef

no. Klay can create for himself. They just don't ask him to.

And Klay's the best shooter in the game. Bridges isn't even average at this point. Believing he's got a shot to be "elite" is... well... a lot of belief, IMO.

82CardsGrad likes this.
  15. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

I don't think it's a lot of belief at all. Like I said, he was an elite college 3pt shooter. His projected NBA 3pt% is 39%. Booker shot worse than him last year. Do you think Booker's % will rise? Bridges has got the tools. He's a sick player. There's a lot of advanced data out there saying he's special.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019