Keim on signing players with injuries

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This take is extraordinarily bad. Yes, injuries happen in the NFL, but certain positions and injuries tend to be chronic and debilitating: soft tissue injuries for wideouts tend to recur, back injuries for offensive linemen tend to be crippling.

If a guy is injured a few years running, and doesn't find his way back from the injury or finds a way to play through it, you can't depend on that player in the future.

Except that his play injuries have mostly not been soft tissue.

It's a hail Mary signing. Nothing more.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
gilbert was hurt last year, missed time the previous season for steroids suspension. could have used a better example

He missed 8 games last year--not good. Last year he missed FIVE games to injury AND was suspended 4 games. Wow, did you muck that one up, @unseenaz!

Go ahead and name the injury free lineman who were available that would have been an upgrade for us

lol Yeah, I'm going down that rabbit hole. Nice try...not.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
your 2nd comment makes less sense than your first

I dismantled your erroneous comment, so you ignored that and focused on a comment I made to someone else? Nice.

It's a specious argument to make, "Well, who would YOU have signed?" How about OLmen who aren't always injured? The argument isn't who SHOULD we have signed, but rather who NOT to sign.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Both Jonah Williams & Jawaan Taylor are better.

& nah we can’t for either.

I agree. That's one of the reasons i would be interested in trading back. You could end up with DL , OL , and WR with the first 3 picks. Trusting Keim to make the right picks is another story in itself though.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
If the Cards take Murray and Bosa goes to SF....and he matches up with Humphries....LOOK OUT
Looks like Keim gets his scouting report from the league surgery reports.

That's why they don't skip on Bosa, because if they do Murray's gonna be on IR by week 10 with the "line" Keim has built through free agency.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You've got to assume that most of your players will get hurt at one time or another. Predicting who the injured dudes will be is a challenge.

Remedy - build quality depth at the right cost. That way - if your top guys get injured, at least you have talented depth behind them.

Remedy #2 - Hire quality players and coaches so that your team will gain a reputation for being a good team to play (& win) for.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If ARZ addresses the OL early in anticipation of guys like Humphries, Pugh & Gilbert missing time then fine but that $9.5M they are paying Humphries could be put to better use if they could get a LT early in the draft who would be cheaper and possibly healthier alternative. If ARZ can find a way to get either Dillard or Taylor then the LT spot could be solved long term.

There is no way I go into the off season banking on the draft to then fill a dire need at LT with a rookie when it's essential for a young QB to progress and one is not going to find a tackle of Humphries caliber in free agency unless a team is dumb enough to let him walk which Keim has shown. I would draft one for the future and possibly RT but not being forced into a corner during day one of the draft for guys who are unproven as a pro

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave