Keim on Pat McAfee

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am more inclined to believe Kyler's words through a news reporting agency than Keim. (because I don't trust Keim)

Also, no one has implied Kyler doesn't watch film. He does. He has just stated that he does not obsessively grind film like we are accustomed to hear top NFL QBs do. (Rivers, Ryan, Brees, Manning, Brady, Wilson)

and Roethlisberger is an example of a QB who was not a film junkie so it doesn't mean that it can't work.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am more inclined to believe Kyler's words through a news reporting agency than Keim. (because I don't trust Keim)

Also, no one has implied Kyler doesn't watch film. He does. He has just stated that he does not obsessively grind film like we are accustomed to hear top NFL QBs do. (Rivers, Ryan, Brees, Manning, Brady, Wilson)

and Roethlisberger is an example of a QB who was not a film junkie so it doesn't mean that it can't work.
Yea but Bens strength was not wilting under pressure and panicking. He was a master at extending plays and making something happen. He could actually see the field and keep his eyes toward his WRs. Kyler tends to panic even when panic isn’t necessary.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'm just glad we're waiting to pay Kyler, when we eventually will pay Kyler, but in the meantime, he'll miss plenty of team activities for a team that was often confused and not in sync. yay!
Hopefully you’re being sarcastic. Those saying he’s missing because of the contract are assuming he shows for those activities if paid more. I see no guarantee of that. Many players skipping OTAs are being well paid. I don’t think money is his sole motivator.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hopefully you’re being sarcastic. Those saying he’s missing because of the contract are assuming he shows for those activities if paid more. I see no guarantee of that. Many players skipping OTAs are being well paid. I don’t think money is his sole motivator.
My point is that if we're going to pay him, we should have paid him earlier, because it would have been significantly cheaper, and he'd be involved in team activities!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep. Bickley was on the radio talking about this and I think he nailed it. He said to the effect that it's a generational thing and kids these days take the "Voluntary" thing as truly being voluntary. Whereas in decades past everyone knew that "Voluntary" actually had a unwritten rule of being mandatory for the most part.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep. Bickley was on the radio talking about this and I think he nailed it. He said to the effect that it's a generational thing and kids these days take the "Voluntary" thing as truly being voluntary. Whereas in decades past everyone knew that "Voluntary" actually had a unwritten rule of being mandatory for the most part.
Yup. Back in the day my law firm had an hours “requirement.” It was a lot, but a few hundred below some of the other large firms in AZ, and thus was looked at as the “lifestyle” big firm in AZ. But all the associates knew the “real” hours requirement was the same as the other firms, even if it wasn’t all “required.” You want to succeed you do the “voluntary” stuff too.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think when it comes to sports for the most part the athletes understand voluntary is mandatory. My son just graduated HS and he knew not to miss a "voluntary" football activity for the 4 years he was there. Not sure if its generational as much as it is Kyler has been a superstar from a young age and was given a lot more leeway then the kids that had to grind everyday to get better and fight for playing time, etc.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think when it comes to sports for the most part the athletes understand voluntary is mandatory. My son just graduated HS and he knew not to miss a "voluntary" football activity for the 4 years he was there. Not sure if its generational as much as it is Kyler has been a superstar from a young age and was given a lot more leeway then the kids that had to grind everyday to get better and fight for playing time, etc.
Kyler has the attitude of someone who has had everything handed to him. He should have been furious about the way the season ended, and the obvious lack of cohesion and continuity in the offense and with his receivers.

Seeing the contract battle and the holdout gives me little confidence we'll see much different from last year with Kyler, and the overall attitude issues are concerning.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Back in the day my law firm had an hours “requirement.” It was a lot, but a few hundred below some of the other large firms in AZ, and thus was looked at as the “lifestyle” big firm in AZ. But all the associates knew the “real” hours requirement was the same as the other firms, even if it wasn’t all “required.” You want to succeed you do the “voluntary” stuff too.
Bad enough losing him to baseball, but now there's a chance he'll join a law firm. What's next, Medical School?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bad enough losing him to baseball, but now there's a chance he'll join a law firm. What's next, Medical School?
If we thought not watching film was bad, how would y’all feel about a surgeon who doesn’t review his medical books the night before performing a surgery on you (something I saw my pops do every single night in our house after he came home from work while i was growing up).