Keim Not Done

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody is saying that they are going to draft Lamb solely because Kyler might be clamoring for him. We are simply stating that Kyler might have some say in it, especially if Lamb is already someone they are considering to begin with. Suggesting that Kyler has ZERO say/influence is the only completely ridiculous thing I have seen in this discussion.

The only influence Kyler gets in drafting Lamb is is they have a dead heat tie between Jeudy and Lamb and can't decide who to take. And even then its like two elephants stood on a seesaw and Kyler's opinion is a feather on one side.

But we aren't drafting a receiver at 8 so it doesn't matter. In some alternative universe where we did it wouldn't be Lamb. You don't draft a guy that's as close to the guy you just traded for as it gets. You take something you don't have on offense already like Jeudy with his elite route running, especially inside 10 yards. Or Ruggs with his diversity of routes and over the top speed.

WR is off the table, but if you want to argue it's still on then it's certain not Lamb now.

AZCardz4L

Reaction score
I love that we use PFF on this board when it supports our arguments, and **** all over it otherwise. Watch the tape, look at the teams who didn't want the player, go with the big picture. An entire line of maybe average is not good enough to block for our #1 overall pick at QB, who was top 5 in hurries.

This line has to get better somewhere, and we have great opportunities screaming us in the face right now. People still want the shiny exterior parts instead of fixing the engine that makes the whole thing run.

We dont need one as much as you are saying. We had an little less than avg line last year and KM almost threw 4,000 yards and we still were scoring, meaning he was still able to throw the ball. But our defense was trash which resulted in losing a few games. So when people keep saying he wont be able to throw to D Hop baffles me. Dont get me wrong OL needs to be addressed at some point but not a high priority IMO.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm less concerned with our "0" as constituted and with a season of experience scoring 50 to 100 more points, than our "D" shaving off the same number.

We've taken steps to address the latter in FA.

Experience and return to health will help, but I'd still like to add a playmaker: Simmons, Okudah, Brown.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
I would HOPE that SK would pay much more attention to the posters on this Board than to a second year QB.
I would hope he pays attention to neither, otherwise he shouldn't be qualified making those decisions. Then again, he hasn't had Carson Palmer to bail him out and we all know his record since then.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is an excellent reference on Lamb's resume. Nothing wrong with that. The fact that he speaks highly of Lamb's character, works habits and the on the field connection they established is a big plus. Keim, Bidwill and Kingsbury will jointly make the decision in agreement who they want at #8. Kyler knows that and will live with it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We dont need one as much as you are saying. We had an little less than avg line last year and KM almost threw 4,000 yards and we still were scoring, meaning he was still able to throw the ball. But our defense was trash which resulted in losing a few games. So when people keep saying he wont be able to throw to D Hop baffles me. Dont get me wrong OL needs to be addressed at some point but not a high priority IMO.
He was only able to throw the ball because he was evading pressure at an incredible rate. Running for his life is not an NFL strategy.

It doesn't even have to be OL, it can be defense. Our offense doesn't need a #4 WR this badly.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The only influence Kyler gets in drafting Lamb is is they have a dead heat tie between Jeudy and Lamb and can't decide who to take. And even then its like two elephants stood on a seesaw and Kyler's opinion is a feather on one side.

But we aren't drafting a receiver at 8 so it doesn't matter. In some alternative universe where we did it wouldn't be Lamb. You don't draft a guy that's as close to the guy you just traded for as it gets. You take something you don't have on offense already like Jeudy with his elite route running, especially inside 10 yards. Or Ruggs with his diversity of routes and over the top speed.

WR is off the table, but if you want to argue it's still on then it's certain not Lamb now.
So in other words he does have some influence on what they do. Thanks for playing...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do remember reading that one of the reasons SK decided it was okay to draft the Honey Badger is because PP vouched for him. I don't believe PP talked SK into it but obviously his input was considered.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would hope he pays attention to neither, otherwise he shouldn't be qualified making those decisions. Then again, he hasn't had Carson Palmer to bail him out and we all know his record since then.
You're right, he pays attention to neither. He cheats with the PFF draft sheet they print up for us. Follows it to a tee lol.

AZCardz4L

Reaction score
He was only able to throw the ball because he was evading pressure at an incredible rate. Running for his life is not an NFL strategy.

It doesn't even have to be OL, it can be defense. Our offense doesn't need a #4 WR this badly.

I must agree with you, we dont need a WR that badly especially after acquiring D HOP.....What I do know is this is going to be a interesting draft not just for us but for a few teams.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do remember reading that one of the reasons SK decided it was okay to draft the Honey Badger is because PP vouched for him. I don't believe PP talked SK into it but obviously his input was considered.
Mathieu was living with Peterson's parents at the time (if I remember correctly) and Peterson's personal relationship enabled the Cardinals to have an additional support structure around Matheiu. Peterson said that he believed Mathieu had changed and was committed to getting back.

Also, Mathieu was a 3rd round pick so...high reward with lower risk than other teams would have taken on because of his close relationship with Peterson.

Support structures are important for young athletes. That is why culture matters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose