Keim Not Done

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Chris_Sanders, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Eh, the way you called him out (in the first reply) was like you thought he really meant those kinds of numbers were going to happen, when you tend to think the team can't do much wrong. Anyways, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

2. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

Excellent counterpoint to long term though I think the real counterpoint in this draft is that the guys in Round 2 are Round 1 receivers in a lot of drafts.

It's why I prefer trade back and take offensive line at 1 and receiver at 2

Cardsfaninlouky, daves and Cardiac like this.
  3. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

Nah I was trying to be funny and failing.

4. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

Not to mention if the team has 4 receivers of the quality of Hop, Fitz, Lamb and Kirk they are likely to run those sets even more. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 3 receivers on the field for as many as 80% of the snaps and 4 receivers up to 40% of snaps.

5. cardpa

cardpa Finding the Field

Interesting take by Brees and in ways it makes a lot of sense.

Cardsfaninlouky and TheCardFan like this.
  6. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

Easy for Drew to say with two Pro Bowl caliber tackles

slanidrac16 likes this.
  7. CardLogic

CardLogic .

Flashback to 2007: With this type of reasoning the Cardinals drafted Levi Brown. . .

TheCardFan likes this.
  8. BritCard

BritCard Registered

What Kyler wants in the draft matters about as much as what anyone here wants in the draft

9. CardsSunsDbacks

That's a silly statement. While he may not have a big say on it I think we can assume that he has a hell of a lot more pull than we do...

10. Proximo

Proximo Registered

That is a silly statement.

Keeping your franchise QB happy is always part of the equation.

juza76 likes this.
  11. CardsSunsDbacks

This. They may not go right to him and ask him who he wants, but if he is pulling for them to draft someone I could at least see that being enough to act as a tiebreaker of sorts.

12. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

I also think with this year, being sure about a guy when no/few pro days and no/few facility visits occurred should be considered. The 'tiebreaker' zone might be much wider this year.

With this being an unusual draft, taking a talented guy your QB wants because they know them might make the most sense if the spot fits with the talent.

Plus we've seen that Keim and the Cardinals clearly have instituted the 'who you know' approach to acquiring guys one way or another. In this case, it fits. It simply does.

We can likely be more sure of Lamb and his fit with the Cards than most if not all the other teams and their picks and definitely any other prospect we could pick.

It really wouldn't surprise me. Not saying it's the right call, but in the absence of the usual information in GM's hands about any and all of these players, Lamb has the unusual advantage of the Cardinals knowing much more about him than other prospects expected to be around #8. He's more of a known quantity. They likely know everything about his personality, work ethic, and all those intangibles that they are hard-pressed to get about anyone else.

Sure we have our scouting reports and anything from the combine, but what might that be... 70 percent of it all? 85? It still isn't close to what we normally have and that leaves some wiggle room and an incentive to go with a known quantity.

Throw in a desire by the QB on a team with an offensive head coach that likely wants to run his system and some question marks at receiver long term besides Hopkins and to a lesser extent Kirk, and we really should prepare ourselves that it might not be as much of a curveball pick as the general consensus might think.

hahawhothat likes this.
  13. wit3card

wit3card Registered

if neither CB/ILB is there Lamp will be the pick if not a great Trade up occurs, but with this year, trade ups could be the exeption.

14. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

I hear the argument Lamb and Hopkins are too much alike.

Well guess what? These two would control both sidelines. Who will our opponents assign the #2 cb on? How much will that open the middle for the Legend and Kirk?

Kyler threw for 3800 yards with this offense. Add Hopkins and Lamb to that mix.This offense could consistently create mismatches all over the field.

Cardiac, jf-08, GuernseyCard and 2 others like this.
  15. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

You're getting overexcited about this. It doesn't matter who the #2 CB is assigned to if the entire offense can't run properly because the timing is completely thrown off.

Our division is stacked with players whose focus is getting in the backfield and knocking off this timing. And again, an injured Kyler does these four WRs no good.