Keim: Just Win 6 Games

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Timm Rosenbach, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I'm not even claiming he's a pure runner. Like, we can stop that when it comes to me. But running is a big element of his game, and a big reason he put up the numbers to be the number one overall pick.

For you guys to act like Kyler's not going to have any plays that are RPOs, designed runs, or the need to scramble, but then say in other threads that he's going to have 500+ yards rushing and mask the inadequacies of the line by escaping pressure is ridiculous. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You don't rush for 1,000 yards in college and get called "not a runner." He can be both, but he's surely still a runner, and if that gets taken away by injury, I'm still scared of what he looks like as a pure pocket passer.

2. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

First of all, my comments were not designed towards you in particular. Murray can throw the ball BETTER than most, Murray can run the ball BETTER than most, and Murray can buy time & avoid hits BETTER than most. It's that entire package of skill sets that make him special. I don't believe any past, or present NFL QB has ever had that entire set of skills. You have to go back to Fran Tarkenton to even come close. And Tarkenton didn't nearly have the arm strength that Murray has. Let's not forget that when he retired, Tarkenton held ever single QB record.

3. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Yep this is what I'm saying.

@Solar7 has this habit of mischaracterizing arguments. I'm saying is game isnt solely dependent on running. He can throw the ball with the best of them, which is why he was the #1 pick even though he is short.

Vacard and CardsSunsDbacks like this.
  4. Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist Registered

Good points about Keim's strength identifying talent at certain positions. He played LG in college yet he has had some really bad draft and free agent OL moves since he became the GM. It's so frustrating.

5. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Have to wonder if some of that was past coaches IDing OL they liked and they weren't good?

Position coaches do get some say on players based on scouts info.

6. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I'm not mischaracterizing your argument, but whenever someone says "he's going to get hurt on the run," you say "he's not a running quarterback."

Like, the guy is going to be on the run more than most. That's why he's a running quarterback. He is going to be on the field in positions where the rules protect him less than they do a normal, pocket QB.

7. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I made no comment which required your completely out of place sophism of you never playing college ball or throwing a football to make a highly remote and ludicrous analogy towards anything doing with Kyler Murray and you. Yes, I will ignore the fact of you never playing college football, just as not playing at the highest level of high school competition maybe in the country or winning the Heisman, or even if you never been injured taking a walk down the street because you just extended any relevant critique into the realm of the obscure to keep all us fans in check for something which did not go your way... by the way, I was happy with Rosen, but I can see the other side which did not go my way while I am still taller than the guy :)

8. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

Kyler Murray is or is not a running QB. I really don't care. Whatever his style, I want him to be efficient and effective.

9. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Jet, I don't want to piss you off. I like you. We'll probably have a few more bumps until real snaps are played, but sorry.

Jetstream Green likes this.
  10. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

You know the guy I am not as positive about, Byron Murphy. I'm not saying he is not a talented player who deserves to play but I see him mostly as a slot guy. Here for me is where the idea of injury comes more into play than Murray. Murphy will hit and is not afraid to be physical but is under 180 pounds removed from his height and is not a burner. DRC was under weight but could fly and had height... but I am not going to rain on the parade of everyone who is pumped about him and they might be right :raccoon:

11. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

You can say all of that about Wilson as well. Though on paper at least, Murray is as good or better than Wilson in all 3 of those areas.

PACardsFan likes this.
  12. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

13. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

We didn't sell the farm or our future for Byron Murphy though. There's also more than one starting corner on this team. If Murphy comes out and sucks this year, we'll simply move on and another guy on the roster will get a chance.

If Murray's bad, it affects every single game and makes them nearly unwinnable. And we're pretty much stuck with him, preventing us from getting Tua or Lawrence if we remain a bad team for 1-2 years.

14. fartblossom

fartblossom Registered

If Murray’s bad it increases the chance of getting Lawrence in 2 years if he declares.

15. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I guess. I still can't see us, and KK, moving on from him that quickly.

My biggest issue here is that I unfortunately think Kyler is going to be just good enough to make us sit around and argue about keeping him for most of his career.

I've said it multiple times, I think he ends up like Marcus Mariota - a guy who will sometimes flash, a guy who will win you some games, but a guy at the end of 5 years we're saying "man, should we really pay the guy this much money? Is he ever gonna take us there?"

I think by season 2 with KM and KK we're in that 8-8, 9-7 territory, good enough to maybe compete for a wildcard but not take the next step. But the real kicker is that I think this season, we win 4 games.