Keim: Just Win 6 Games

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I guess. I still can't see us, and KK, moving on from him that quickly.

My biggest issue here is that I unfortunately think Kyler is going to be just good enough to make us sit around and argue about keeping him for most of his career.

I've said it multiple times, I think he ends up like Marcus Mariota - a guy who will sometimes flash, a guy who will win you some games, but a guy at the end of 5 years we're saying "man, should we really pay the guy this much money? Is he ever gonna take us there?"

I think by season 2 with KM and KK we're in that 8-8, 9-7 territory, good enough to maybe compete for a wildcard but not take the next step. But the real kicker is that I think this season, we win 4 games.

Did Mariotta have an arm coming out of college? Honest question.

When I look at Murray, he can fling the rock. I think we have a potential stud on our hands, this coming from a guy who was adamant on not drafting Murray. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I don't think Murray is going to bust.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We didn't sell the farm or our future for Byron Murphy though. There's also more than one starting corner on this team. If Murphy comes out and sucks this year, we'll simply move on and another guy on the roster will get a chance.

If Murray's bad, it affects every single game and makes them nearly unwinnable. And we're pretty much stuck with him, preventing us from getting Tua or Lawrence if we remain a bad team for 1-2 years.

Rookie contracts are not what they used to be and even with the number one pick in comparison

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Rookie contracts are not what they used to be and even with the number one pick in comparison

Yeah this sets a franchise back for 5 years crap is bogus.

Look at the Redskins missing on RGIII. Sure they've been mediocre, but it hasn't set the franchise back.

With the rookie pay scale, if you miss on a 1st rounder it's not as dramatic. If I'm correct, I'm pretty certain tha Murray is making less than what Sam Bradford got as a rookie and the salary cap has grown substantially.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Did Mariotta have an arm coming out of college? Honest question.

When I look at Murray, he can fling the rock. I think we have a potential stud on our hands, this coming from a guy who was adamant on not drafting Murray. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I don't think Murray is going to bust.
Sorry, my comparison to Mariota is not based on his comp as a player, but a prediction of career path. Kyler seems to have a stronger arm than Mariota.

It has nothing to do with the contract, but that we're almost guaranteed not to take a 1st round QB three years in a row, or three times in two years. Whether it's Keim or someone else, I think keeping Kyler is a foregone conclusion.

Yeah this sets a franchise back for 5 years crap is bogus.

Look at the Redskins missing on RGIII. Sure they've been mediocre, but it hasn't set the franchise back.

With the rookie pay scale, if you miss on a 1st rounder it's not as dramatic. If I'm correct, I'm pretty certain tha Murray is making less than what Sam Bradford got as a rookie and the salary cap has grown substantially.
They just so happened to draft their QB of the future in that draft, although it wasn't RG3. If they didn't draft Cousins, what would that team have looked like? Would Colt McCoy have kept them competitive?

Does the franchise look a lot different with a bevy of draft picks and Russell Wilson/Kirk Cousins? Maybe so.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave