"Keim Against the Grain" Devonta Smith/Javonte Williams or Najee Harris/Rondale Moore

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Even though I think Keim takes Collins at 16. Lately I've been feeling Keim is going to make this board flip, right or wrong.

So if he decides he's going offense (RB/WR) which duo would you prefer with his 1st two picks.

Devonta Smith/Javonte Williams

or

Najee Harris (hopefully via trade down if so)/Rondale Moore
*Keim loves his short wrs. Although you could substitute the much bigger Terrace Marshall here if you want. He may slide cause of medicals.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man, if he completely avoided CB, I'd just laugh and throw my hands up in the air, but I'm 100% all-in on Harris and Moore in this hypothetical.

Javonte Williams won't last to #49 though, which has weight on my answer. Harris and Moore are realistic.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, if he completely avoided CB, I'd just laugh and throw my hands up in the air, but I'm 100% all-in on Harris and Moore in this hypothetical.

Javonte Williams won't last to #49 though, which has weight on my answer. Harris and Moore are realistic.
You worry about the Dolphins drafting him in the 2nd?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You worry about the Dolphins drafting him in the 2nd?
I don't think teams are as concerned about "value" as this board has made it out to be the past few weeks, so I see teams strongly considering RB between our 16 and 49 as:

Dolphins - 18, 36
Jets - 23, 34
Steelers - 24
Falcons - 35
Broncos - 40

And that's not even considering teams with surprise moves, especially the Jags with 3 picks in that frame.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think teams are as concerned about "value" as this board has made it out to be the past few weeks, so I see teams strongly considering RB between our 16 and 49 as:

Dolphins - 18, 36
Jets - 23, 34
Steelers - 24
Falcons - 35
Broncos - 40

And that's not even considering teams with surprise moves, especially the Jags with 3 picks in that frame.
Steelers & arguably Buffalo really the only teams I could see go RB & I could easily see Pitt go OL or CB & Buf with CB.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As someone on here said before, Kyler liked to throw high. We also need to replace Arnold as well.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Steelers & arguably Buffalo really the only teams I could see go RB & I could easily see Pitt go OL or CB & Buf with CB.
Buffalo has invested two consecutive 3rd rounders at RB, so I'd consider them less likely, but if we want to add them to the mix, sure...

But, do you really think the Jets are going with Tevin Coleman, the Falcons with Mike Davis, and that the Dolphins are set with an oft-injured 7th round pick in Gaskin? That the Broncos are fine with 28 year old Gordon on the last year of his deal?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Buffalo has invested two consecutive 3rd rounders at RB, so I'd consider them less likely, but if we want to add them to the mix, sure...

But, do you really think the Jets are going with Tevin Coleman, the Falcons with Mike Davis, and that the Dolphins are set with an oft-injured 7th round pick in Gaskin? That the Broncos are fine with 28 year old Gordon on the last year of his deal?
Yea, because they all clearly got more important positions to worry about, especially the Falcons & Jets.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Did I say that?
Seems implied. The Falcons have to win in short order with Ryan. They're not doing that with Mike Davis as their starting RB. The Jets have more flexibility, but with 2 picks, they're definitely in the RB discussion. It'd be silly to dismiss the chance they take one. They already have a glut of worthless late round RBs that didn't turn into anything, so I doubt they're waiting to take someone later on.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems implied. The Falcons have to win in short order with Ryan. They're not doing that with Mike Davis as their starting RB. The Jets have more flexibility, but with 2 picks, they're definitely in the RB discussion. It'd be silly to dismiss the chance they take one. They already have a glut of worthless late round RBs that didn't turn into anything.
Not really. I think you’re just struggling to read.

The Falcons need damn near everything on defense, especially if they don’t trade back for more picks. Makes little to no sense going RB that early in the draft.

Have you seen the Jets’ CB group? It might be the worst in the league. They also need more than a injury prone Carl Lawson at EDGE(a position where they sorely lacked for a long, long time.)

Steelers are probably the only team I would give more than a 40% chance of drafting a RB.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DeVonta Smith/ insert name is easy answer for me. I wouldn’t go RB in round two though. I would take top CB like Melinfonwu/K Joseph/Adebo or OL like Dickerson/Radunz/Meinerz.

plenty or rotational RB’s to be had day 3 like K Herbert/C Evans/J Hawkins.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not really. I think you’re just struggling to read.

The Falcons need damn near everything on defense, especially if they don’t trade back for more picks. Makes little to no sense going RB that early in the draft.

Have you seen the Jets’ CB group? It might be the worst in the league. They also need more than a injury prone Carl Lawson at EDGE(a position where they sorely lacked for a long, long time.)

Steelers are probably the only team I would give more than a 40% chance of drafting a RB.
I mean, there's reports about how much work the Falcons have put in researching the RB position in this year's draft, so... maybe under your philosophy, it makes no sense, but they're still looking and have to be considered a very realistic option to go with the position. The Jets have three picks in the first 35, five picks in the first 90... nothing is off the table in terms of being able to upgrade multiple positions.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just don’t want a repeat of another Isiah Simmons scenario. Whoever we draft, we need to have a game plan for them to see the field week one and expect to contribute each week.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With multiple picks I could see it with dolphins and jets. Bills could as well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Taking the least valuable position with #16 and Black Isabella* in round 2 would be peak Keim. So it's bound to happen.

* To be fair, Moore is much better than Isabella. But he's a similar outlier. Major injury history. 5'7". Slot guy when we need outside etc etc

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, there's reports about how much work the Falcons have put in researching the RB position in this year's draft, so... maybe under your philosophy, it makes no sense, but they're still looking and have to be considered a very realistic option to go with the position. The Jets have three picks in the first 35, five picks in the first 90... nothing is off the table in terms of being able to upgrade multiple positions.

I'd put money on Jets and Falcons not taking RB in the first 2 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA