"Keim Against the Grain" Devonta Smith/Javonte Williams or Najee Harris/Rondale Moore

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There seems a lot of certainty about how this draft plays out when no draft ever plays out how it's thought.

Apart from all the QB's who have fallen in the past nobody expected Lamb at #17 last year or for him to be the 3rd WR taken. Nobody expected AJ Terrell at 16 or Jordan Love to the Packers.

It's like this every draft. Likely to happen more this year.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just don’t want a repeat of another Isiah Simmons scenario. Whoever we draft, we need to have a game plan for them to see the field week one and expect to contribute each week.

They probably would have had a game plan for Simmons with a NORMAL offseason. We also had the luxury of having D'Ev Campbell who played quite well in the first half of the season. The easing of Simmons into the lineup was hardly abnormal given the circumstances. When we drafted DRC at #16 it took half a season to integrate him into our Super Bowl year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd put money on Jets and Falcons not taking RB in the first 2 days.
And I'd bet money they don't find Tevin Coleman and Mike Davis to be the answers, respectively. Somewhere around 10-15 backs will go by the end of round 4.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nfl.com compares Etienne to Garrison Hearst
Javonte Williams to Kareem Hunt.
Najee Harris to Stephen Jackson

Interesting. So who would you prefer in this offense?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seems implied. The Falcons have to win in short order with Ryan. They're not doing that with Mike Davis as their starting RB. The Jets have more flexibility, but with 2 picks, they're definitely in the RB discussion. It'd be silly to dismiss the chance they take one. They already have a glut of worthless late round RBs that didn't turn into anything, so I doubt they're waiting to take someone later on.
Jets are definitely going RB.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Even though I think Keim takes Collins at 16. Lately I've been feeling Keim is going to make this board flip, right or wrong.

So if he decides he's going offense (RB/WR) which duo would you prefer with his 1st two picks.

Devonta Smith/Javonte Williams

or

Najee Harris (hopefully via trade down if so)/Rondale Moore
*Keim loves his short wrs. Although you could substitute the much bigger Terrace Marshall here if you want. He may slide cause of medicals.

You pretty much nailed it.

Took Collins 16 when I feel we could've traded down, as long as un front of Steelers (took both players I wanted in Najee and Pat) along with Rondale at 49, which, although I like Rondale, I would've gone Marshall.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave