Keep Reddick

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keep in mind the Panthers are using Reddick as a 4-3 off-ball LB which is different than how we were using him. That isn't to say he wouldn't have been successful but he went to a coach who knew exactly how to use him and put him in a position where his size isn't as much of a liability on the edge.

Not shocking that this is the same coach who was able to get immediate contributions from Jeremy Chinn who was a similarly position-less player out of college like Simmons. Some coaches are better teachers than others. Some coaches are able to adjust their scheme to fit players into positions to be more successful than others. Rhule and his DC are obviously better at this than Vance.
True but he also proved capable in our defense last season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reddick now #2 in NFL in sacks.

Imagine him opposite Chandler with the current D. Methinks they'd both have more sacks then they do now.

It would also have freed up JJ Watt.

Then they would've looked like the 1983 Cardinals —and likely exceeded—- when Greer, Baker and Galloway combined for 41 sacks.

They play a different scheme. They are ultra aggressive up front the exact opposite of us. Even if he was here Vance wouldn’t use him right.

I’m tired of watching our guys drop back into coverage and just rushing 3 or 4 on passing downs.

How many times has Vance sent Baker flying in to get the QB?

Our conservative defense and lack of a pass rush is going to kill us eventually.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They play a different scheme. They are ultra aggressive up front the exact opposite of us. Even if he was here Vance wouldn’t use him right.

I’m tired of watching our guys drop back into coverage and just rushing 3 or 4 on passing downs.

How many times has Vance sent Baker flying in to get the QB?

Our conservative defense and lack of a pass rush is going to kill us eventually.

Carolina played one strong offensive team (Dallas) and gave up 36.

We are giving up 19 pts a game, #6 in the League.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Carolina played one strong offensive team (Dallas) and gave up 36.

We are giving up 19 pts a game, #6 in the League.
Ok but that doesn't mean Reddick is not very effective in that scheme and that the scheme is not more aggressive.

Similarly, Carolina has a defense that was able to enable Derrick Brown, Jeremy Chinn and Jaycee Horn to come in as rookies and play a lot of snaps. It also gives unique players Chinn, Reddick, Burns and Shaq Thompson the ability to play fast.

And while we can debate on which system is better, the Panthers are doing spending 64.4 mil on defensive personnel vs the Cardinals who are spending 91.9 mil.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let chandler walk and throw his money at Reddick. That LBer group would have just a a ton of speed, youth, and power.
I was hoping we had Reddick and spent the money on him vs AJ Green.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Why would Reddick ever come back here after the way he was treated?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Im fine with Golden for two years. Good for Reddick tho.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we let chandler go and offer big money to Reddick. There's a lot of reasons that he would come back. We're going to be coming off a great season, he's familiar with the scheme and I'm sure he still has a ton of friends in the area.

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we let chandler go and offer big money to Reddick. There's a lot of reasons that he would come back. We're going to be coming off a great season, he's familiar with the scheme and I'm sure he still has a ton of friends in the area.
And of course the biggest reason why any player goes anywhere…$$$

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
He was a complete stud last year in his first year outside at 3-4, ranking 3rd in the entire league in tackles for loss.
I get it but iirc he didn't start in the role and was forced there after CJs injury. I was just wondering out loud if he could hold up there at his weight. Not a prototypical oslb for sure. But as many have brought up the NFL is changing.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Reddick now #2 in NFL in sacks.

Imagine him opposite Chandler with the current D. Methinks they'd both have more sacks then they do now.

It would also have freed up JJ Watt.

Then they would've looked like the 1983 Cardinals —and likely exceeded—- when Greer, Baker and Galloway combined for 41 sacks.
Greer, Baker, Galloway....wow Liac, u brought back some memories with those names. Sheeez.