"Keep calm and Carry On" State of the team Address

ap11

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Don't get a chance to post on this board often but tomorrow marks my 12th year as a season ticket holder. We have a pretty big tailgate crew an for the last 5 years I have been making a speech to fire up my crew.....

Here is how it's going to go down tomorrow at 21 West (under the sign if you want to drop in and have a beer)

2012 State of the Cardinals Address

Cardinals Fans, Fellow tailgaters and friends "The State of the Arizona Cardinals is very strong"!

As we stand here on this glorious opening Sunday of the national football league many things come to mind.

We have now sold out 66 consecutive games at University
Of Phoenix stadium. The days of blackouts and empty upper decks have come and gone....A new generation of Cardinals fans has taken a stronghold and imagination of young football fans across the great state of Arizona. We never forget from where we came.

Our fans have made University of Phoenix a very tough place to play. Teams like the Eagles/cowboys/ packers/steelers have all had severe nightmares here.

Since the stadium has opened opponents have had the second most false start penalties in the NFL here.

While we have celebrated division championship as well as a conference championship during the short time here, we enter this season with dark clouds on the horizon. Football people are not saying very many positive things about a team that finished the 2011 campaign
strong. Instead the team we face today is the trendy pick of the year.

In 1939 German forces began an Invasion across europe. The folks in the United Kingdom could see the dark clouds in the distant. In the face of what lie ahead the empire decided that the moral of the people was waning. Winston Churchill dictated to the office of ministry and communication to creat a movement. The Office ministry created a poster that had the word's

"Keep Calm and Carry On"

We know what the end result was in WWII.

Get your hard hats on and lunch pails ready. Its time to stand strong and finish off this team the way we did on New Years Day.

Ladies and gentlemen "This is the start of the 5th Quarter".

Anand

Attachments

• 2012CO.jpg
    2012CO.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,145

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice! Here's to the first one in the win column.

:newcards:

(Though I have to admit I'd change it to Keep Calm and Kick 'Em In The ***.:p)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm not in a panic because I know the defense from last year, our QB who played in a majority of those wins...we have not really changed, and maybe that QB named Skelton might get better...maybe, but one expect at least some improvement no matter how small. The major change on offense is no Levi Brown due to injury, with addition Ryan Williams and Floyd. Defense change is the loss of Marshall in the secondary, which might be more difficult to overcome than people expect early on. I have some concern over the state of the OL but certainly no panic. It is hard to panic when one has gotten used to a below average OL and QB play since Warner's retirement. I think this team has got used to it as well lol
GO CARDS!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
wow...what a putz....opening day and you want to make it a somber occasion??

opening address,.....

Dudes, football season is here!! Lets back our team and don the red!! Whoop dat ass and tap the kegs!! Go Cardinals!!

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the Allied Forces got extremely lucky that the Germans were sloppy in just a few events that changed the tide of the war forever? Specifically D-Day and Stalingrad

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Why do you need to make a speech to fire up your crew for the first football game of the season?

OP
OP
A

ap11

Rookie
Reaction score
On second thought guys i see the points....I think i need to bring something a little more aggresive. Have fun tomorrow!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
On second thought guys i see the points....I think i need to bring something a little more aggresive. Have fun tomorrow!

Sorry for giving a hard time -- hope you and your crew are as pumped as I am for tomorrow. My fiancee will probably say something like "Ok, ready to go?"... and my reaction will probably scare the crap out of her.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Eat drink and be merry cause tomorrow we will have kicked the crap out of stupid Seahawks!

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
We are 0-0 right now, save the speech.

The KCCO is a familiar T-shirt = Keep Calm and Chive On

Here's another from thechive.com

You must be registered for see images

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Don't get a chance to post on this board often but tomorrow marks my 12th year as a season ticket holder. We have a pretty big tailgate crew an for the last 5 years I have been making a speech to fire up my crew.....

Here is how it's going to go down tomorrow at 21 West (under the sign if you want to drop in and have a beer)

2012 State of the Cardinals Address

Cardinals Fans, Fellow tailgaters and friends "The State of the Arizona Cardinals is very strong"!

As we stand here on this glorious opening Sunday of the national football league many things come to mind.

We have now sold out 66 consecutive games at University
Of Phoenix stadium. The days of blackouts and empty upper decks have come and gone....A new generation of Cardinals fans has taken a stronghold and imagination of young football fans across the great state of Arizona. We never forget from where we came.

Our fans have made University of Phoenix a very tough place to play. Teams like the Eagles/cowboys/ packers/steelers have all had severe nightmares here.

Since the stadium has opened opponents have had the second most false start penalties in the NFL here.

While we have celebrated division championship as well as a conference championship during the short time here, we enter this season with dark clouds on the horizon. Football people are not saying very many positive things about a team that finished the 2011 campaign
strong. Instead the team we face today is the trendy pick of the year.

In 1939 German forces began an Invasion across europe. The folks in the United Kingdom could see the dark clouds in the distant. In the face of what lie ahead the empire decided that the moral of the people was waning. Winston Churchill dictated to the office of ministry and communication to creat a movement. The Office ministry created a poster that had the word's

"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Get your hard hats on and lunch pails ready. Its time to stand strong and finish off this team the way we did on New Years Day.

Ladies and gentlemen "This is the start of the 5th Quarter".

Anand

Well done.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave