KD32 a Raider

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would rather keep Eno or Ward or Ingram on the roster at a low cost than having to cut one of them so that we can rent Drake for one season to be a backup and have another roster hole next offseason. Sometimes the benefit of keeping low cost players trumps adding marginally better talent to backup players.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would rather keep Eno or Ward or Ingram on the roster at a low cost than having to cut one of them so that we can rent Drake for one season to be a backup and have another roster hole next offseason. Sometimes the benefit of keeping low cost players trumps adding marginally better talent to backup players.

I think Drake has played far better than being a marginal improvement over Eno or Ingram. If Drake can be had for near the minimum then it is a no brainer. Those guys are fringe roster players and will likely be on a practice squad somewhere should we ever need them again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need a good CB, we have too many RB's now.

Our CB situation might be the worst in football... I don't doubt it, if a solution presented itself, I would be all about it.

Our runningback situation is crap too, I don't care how many we have if most of them are practice squad quality. Conner is solid but a pure, between the tackles, bruiser... everyone behind him are far worse versions of the same player. At least Drake is a chance of pace, and could be had for beans.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honestly depends on Eno. Ingram is likely practice squad anyway. Ward is needed for special teams.
The questiion is can Eno consistently block or catch outta the backfield like Drake.

I'd say keep Eno right now because I've heard how good he's been in camp. However, based on preseason Im a bit skeptical. Either Eno makes something happen this season or he's not on the roster next year anyway.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Honestly depends on Eno. Ingram is likely practice squad anyway. Ward is needed for special teams.
The questiion is can Eno consistently block or catch outta the backfield like Drake.

I'd say keep Eno right now because I've heard how good he's been in camp. However, based on preseason Im a bit skeptical. Either Eno makes something happen this season or he's not on the roster next year anyway.
If you can have them for the same cost, Drake is a no brainer. He'd provide an Edmonds like change of pace that was desperately missed when he was out.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
to refresh on Drake:

the games after the Cards acquired him: he was great.

the next year going into free agency: tentative and indecisive for good chunks of the season

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Too risky to put Ingram on the PS. Other than Conner, he’s the only RB on our team that can consistently move the pile. If we attempt to put him on the PS, he will be snatched up. I’d cut Eno in a heartbeat over Ingram.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you can have them for the same cost, Drake is a no brainer. He'd provide an Edmonds like change of pace that was desperately missed when he was out.
Yea and at his age he needs to go to a spot where he's guaranteed to be productive. Kliff's offense gave him the best stretch of his career. No reason to go for the most money cause he'd risk not being in the league after this year.
to refresh on Drake:

the games after the Cards acquired him: he was great.

the next year going into free agency: tentative and indecisive for good chunks of the season
I think having Conner to get the workhorse/short yardage carries would help keep him fresh tbh.

Again it really depends on Eno.
Too risky to put Ingram on the PS. Other than Conner, he’s the only RB on our team that can consistently move the pile. If we attempt to put him on the PS, he will be snatched up. I’d cut Eno in a heartbeat over Ingram.
Not saying I would put Ingram on PS. I just think thats the direction its headed and hopefully no one claims him.

Need Ward for special teams and they've been selling us on Eno looking great at camp.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea and at his age he needs to go to a spot where he's guaranteed to be productive. Kliff's offense gave him the best stretch of his career. No reason to go for the most money cause he'd risk not being in the league after this year.

I think having Conner to get the workhorse/short yardage carries would help keep him fresh tbh.

Again it really depends on Eno.

Not saying I would put Ingram on PS. I just think thats the direction its headed and hopefully no one claims him.

Need Ward for special teams and they've been selling us on Eno looking great at camp.
I think Ingram might end up being our best pick of this draft. There’s no way I would risk losing him. I don’t believe Eno is legit. Ward is too valuable on ST’s. Could be Williams that gets cut, but I do think he’s a decent fit in this offense & can move a pile also. Let’s never forget how inept this offense can be when we can’t pick up the tough yard or two. And we can’t count on Conners staying healthy. He never has. Eno can’t get the tough yards. Did everyone see the hit Ingram put on the guy that grabbed one of Trey’s picks? He crushed that dude. So, not only can he move the pile, but he can be a ST demon. Ingram will be our best back by next year. And that includes Conners.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
K. DRAKE - 2021
12 games (2 starts) 63/254 (4.0 av.) 2 Tds - Rec. 30/291 9.7 - 1 Tds
D. WILLIAMS - 2021
17 games (7 starts) 144/558 (3.9 av.) 6 Tds - Rec. 47/452 9.6 - 2 Tds

Conner, Williams, Eno, Ingram

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our CB situation might be the worst in football... I don't doubt it, if a solution presented itself, I would be all about it.

Our runningback situation is crap too, I don't care how many we have if most of them are practice squad quality. Conner is solid but a pure, between the tackles, bruiser... everyone behind him are far worse versions of the same player. At least Drake is a chance of pace, and could be had for beans.
Drake looked very hesitant his first full year with us, unlike the partial year he played with us. He signed with the Raiders for 8 million I believe? No way we should've signed him for that. Idk how much he would ask for now but I know we need CB quality more than anything right now, that's the one position I'm really worried about with this team. I think Williams & Ward will be fine as backups for Conner. As far as after them, Idk? I'm not really buying the Eno hype just yet, maybe he makes it on ST? Ingram will get grabbed up if he's released imo & maybe even Eno as well but they're gonna keep 4 imo. Conner, Williams, Ward & Eno will be our 4 more than likely.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drake looked very hesitant his first full year with us, unlike the partial year he played with us. He signed with the Raiders for 8 million I believe? No way we should've signed him for that. Idk how much he would ask for now but I know we need CB quality more than anything right now, that's the one position I'm really worried about with this team. I think Williams & Ward will be fine as backups for Conner. As far as after them, Idk? I'm not really buying the Eno hype just yet, maybe he makes it on ST? Ingram will get grabbed up if he's released imo & maybe even Eno as well but they're gonna keep 4 imo. Conner, Williams, Ward & Eno will be our 4 more than likely.

I think we have plenty of holes to fill, especially at corner, which you are correct, is a serious problem

But don't think signing Drake on a cheap one year deal will have any negative effect on our ability to find a corner.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think we have plenty of holes to fill, especially at corner, which you are correct, is a serious problem

But don't think signing Drake on a cheap one year deal will have any negative effect on our ability to find a corner.
Depends on how the staff feels about the other 4 RB's not named Conner lol? I'd take the RB room as is (4 outta the 5) if we could sign or trade for a good CB & then sign Suh. I worry about our DT's. Suh still had 6 sacks last season at age 34. I think he had 6 sacks in 20 & 21 each. He's wanting around 9 million I believe? We have like 13 million left right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave