Kansas @ ASU

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what Arizona or ASU do in the regular season, the NCAA will give us the the shaft on selection Sunday. They don’t even watch PAC 12 basketball. Every game is a must win. ASU should have moved up several spots after beating KU. Don’t give them a chance to seed you in the toughest bracket with nightmare matchups. As an Arizona fan, I hope you prove them wrong. Very happy that you repped the conference on the national stage by beating KU and Bill Self (proven cheater beloved by ESPN)

Well, of course not, how could they. Almost every game is on the Pac 12 Network which remains unavailable to so many in the sports world.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Why would they? ASU is the only ranked school in the conference. No other school even got votes in the coaches' poll. That's gonna make it even harder on ASU come tournament time, because all these non-ranked teams are going to be a drag on their RPI. No national TV + beating tomato cans = lower seed come tournament time.

That's the picture right now. It could always change.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would they? ASU is the only ranked school in the conference. No other school even got votes in the coaches' poll. That's gonna make it even harder on ASU come tournament time, because all these non-ranked teams are going to be a drag on their RPI. No national TV + beating tomato cans = lower seed come tournament time.

That's the picture right now. It could always change.

If this is in response to my comment, I was ranting about the Pac 12 commissioner more than anything. There are a lot of reasons to watch ASU basketball but thanks to Larry Scott, much of the nation is denied the opportunity to see them play (most of the time).

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is in response to my comment, I was ranting about the Pac 12 commissioner more than anything. There are a lot of reasons to watch ASU basketball but thanks to Larry Scott, much of the nation is denied the opportunity to see them play (most of the time).
I'd call Larry Scott a horse's behind, but that's insulting to a horse's behind. Hate him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, in classic ASU style....

The Devils lose at home, 67-66 , to a 6-5 Princeton team.

Once again Dort missed a bunch of point blank shots. Frustrating.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Partly, yes. But thanks for the explanation. I don't know a lot about the network, except that both channel 70 (main PAC12 Network) and 75 (Pac12AZ) seem to have the same stuff on all the time. Their offering were a lot more diverse when we still had ASPN on channel 34, if ya wanna get real nostalgic. ;-)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Partly, yes. But thanks for the explanation. I don't know a lot about the network, except that both channel 70 (main PAC12 Network) and 75 (Pac12AZ) seem to have the same stuff on all the time. Their offering were a lot more diverse when we still had ASPN on channel 34, if ya wanna get real nostalgic. ;-)

Yeah, it was much better for sports fans when the local sports networks were independent. Then Fox came along and bought them all up and turned them into fake regional sports networks, with duplicated content providing the bulk of the programming on each channel.

But the problem now is that Direct TV for example, long the most popular provider for sports fans, could never reach a deal with the Pac 12 Network. Larry Scott thought he could break them but it never happened and it wasn't just Dtv. A lot of providers wouldn't pay the high prices Larry demanded so now, much of the nation gets very few Pac games. And that includes a lot of households within the Pac territory.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lost at home to an Ivy League team that was 6-5 coming into the day. Look no further than that as to why the devils only moved up a spot after taking out Kansas.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
ASU only moved up one spot because it was blown out by Vandy a few days prior to Kansas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose