Kale Shakes

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
We just recently started adding kale to our fruit smoothies in the morning and I really don't notice it at all.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, gang. :raccoon:

It's pretty wild, huh? The first smoothie I made had some fruit and two cups of spinach. There was no hint of spinach in the taste.

I imagine this is great news for parents of young kids who hate veggies.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty wild, huh? The first smoothie I made had some fruit and two cups of spinach. There was no hint of spinach in the taste.

I imagine this is great news for parents of young kids who hate veggies.

Yes! I started with just a little kale in the smoothie for two and now I'm cramming the stuff in. Really affordable too.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My Nutribullet recipe:

Pineapple, kale, banana, parsley, coconut milk (non-flavored), chia seeds (or other booster).

Tastes like cucumber melon. The parsley is key to cutting the bitterness of the kale.

LOVE my Nutribullet! My morning recipe:

Blueberries, almonds (or pecan, or walnuts), Almond Milk, banana, spinach (or kale), two teaspons of greek yogurt, protien powder...

:thumbup:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Blueberries, almonds (or pecan, or walnuts), Almond Milk, banana, spinach (or kale), two teaspons of greek yogurt, protien powder...

That sounds delicious!

Blueberries and avocados are nature's best work, imo. :)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That sounds delicious!

Blueberries and avocados are nature's best work, imo. :)

Totally agree... I absoulely LOVE blueberries and can eat them like candy! I love avocados as well!! Not as easy to deal with as are blueberries, but well worth the effort in the end!!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Totally agree... I absoulely LOVE blueberries and can eat them like candy! I love avocados as well!! Not as easy to deal with as are blueberries, but well worth the effort in the end!!

Ha! I do that, too. I grab a big handful, but save the biggest, fattest ones for last, so I know I will get the best taste last. LOL.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Ha! I do that, too. I grab a big handful, but save the biggest, fattest ones for last, so I know I will get the best taste last. LOL.

When I was a young kid, my grandfather would put a bunch in a small bowl, sprinkle some sugar over them and then drizzle a little bit of heavy/whipping cream on top! Good Lord that was ridiculous!! I still do it for my kids every once in a while... and, yea... I'll make a bowl for myself at the same time!!! :D

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That sounds great. The Mrs can't do nuts so for us:

Peaches, mango, blueberries, banana, flax seed, Pom juice, Yakult, ice, splash of 2% and KALE!

Looks kinda gross but tastes fantastic.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Sweet!

I get mine on Tuesdays, too. I go to Duck & Decanter downtown.

I liquefied my leftovers before the new delivery and it turned out pretty well. I'm still learning how to mix fruit with vegetables to get the taste right, but it's great knowing that nothing goes to waste and you can get a healthy drink out of it.

:)

Duck & Decanter - CAMELBACK for me. I can't wait!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just joined a vegetable delivery service last week that is very similar.

There is a veganic farm down in Willcox and they deliver fresh veg to certain points throughout the state like Whole Foods and some healthy restaurants. The small box is $22 a week and you can have them pack you a box of their choosing or you can even choose the products you want (like more kale, fewer carrots, for example). I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

http://www.sunizonafamilyfarms.com/

I just received an email that Sunizona Farms is discontinuing their farm box. Bummer. I've been picking up a box of random veggies about once per month for a couple years now.

Any other recommendations?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson