Justified (FX)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... the last two episodes have been entertaining, but I kind of now agree with whoever said that last season was probably better. I love the baddies this season, but it's kind of too all over the place now. still incredible writing and the most crackling dialogue I've heard... well.. probably ever on TV, but it's a little too sprawling this season.

AZZenny

Reaction score
That's a good way to put it, Cheese. I'm enjoying it, but it seems sort of unfocused, and some of the characters seem to have changed in midstream or gone over the top a bit -- being played too broadly, not with the tautness of last season.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The episode fell a little flat for me. I was expecting a much bigger showdown between Raylan an Quarles. Although, I got a kick out of Raylan slowly pulling away Quarles' severed arm with a sly smirk on his face. The whole demise of Quarles including the carjacking didn't seem to be that well written?

Anybody know why Limehouse banished Errol?

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
The episode fell a little flat for me. I was expecting a much bigger showdown between Raylan an Quarles. Although, I got a kick out of Raylan slowly pulling away Quarles' severed arm with a sly smirk on his face. The whole demise of Quarles including the carjacking didn't seem to be that well written?

Anybody know why Limehouse banished Errol?

Because the cops had Dickie and if he mentioned anything about Errol the cops would be all over the holler and Limehouse has always said he just wants to be left alone.

Liked the finale. Great season of a great show. Gotta said Sean McDonough's read of 'it's a piggy bank' may have been the greatest read in the history of television.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of seemed appropriate that the detached arm was the one that hid his secret little gun throughout his reign of terror.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scene in the teaser with Raylan playing russian roulette with Win Duffy is one of my favorite scenes of all time. I assume Duffy's gonzo after this season... such a shame. His character was freaking hilarious.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The scene in the teaser with Raylan playing russian roulette with Win Duffy is one of my favorite scenes of all time. I assume Duffy's gonzo after this season... such a shame. His character was freaking hilarious.

Yeah, that was awesome. Flipping out about why he couldn't do that. Well why not, isn't that how you guys do it? AWESOME!!!

AZZenny

Reaction score
I agree that the piggy bank line was as perfect a delivery as I've ever seen on TV.

The finale overall seemed like the season - a little too-too... kitchen sinkish. But it does leave some fascinating set-ups for next season. Raylan has slid way over the edge, which given all his character has been put through this season, is sort of natural. Just where they decide to go with it should be interesting.

I don't think we've seen the last of Mr. Duffy - after all, he was working his way up in the Frankfort 'mafia' food chain before Quarles muscled him onto a detour. I can picture Boyd and Duffy in turf battles. And there's still cousin Johnny's come-uppance ahead.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I agree that the piggy bank line was as perfect a delivery as I've ever seen on TV.

The finale overall seemed like the season - a little too-too... kitchen sinkish. But it does leave some fascinating set-ups for next season. Raylan has slid way over the edge, which given all his character has been put through this season, is sort of natural. Just where they decide to go with it should be interesting.

I don't think we've seen the last of Mr. Duffy - after all, he was working his way up in the Frankfort 'mafia' food chain before Quarles muscled him onto a detour. I can picture Boyd and Duffy in turf battles. And there's still cousin Johnny's come-uppance ahead.

Which will keep Limehouse involved too.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Get saddled up.... We will be back in Harlan next week!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought the season premiere was all over the place. definitely intrigued by the Preacher though. reminded me of the character from There Will Be Blood and pitting that guy up against Boyd with Raylan in the middle should be interesting moving forward.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought the season premiere was all over the place. definitely intrigued by the Preacher though. reminded me of the character from There Will Be Blood and pitting that guy up against Boyd with Raylan in the middle should be interesting moving forward.

what guy is that? The drummed out of the service buddy of Boyd?

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love Patton Oswalt..

Best random line of the Season premiere

Raylan- "You did good, you stepped up today"

Constable Sweeny- " pfft.. oh ok, I stabbed a teenage girl in the FOOT!"

Oswalt is going to be a solid addition to the cast this season, very stoked..

Stout

Reaction score
I love Patton Oswalt..

Best random line of the Season premiere

Raylan- "You did good, you stepped up today"

Constable Sweeny- " pfft.. oh ok, I stabbed a teenage girl in the FOOT!"

Oswalt is going to be a solid addition to the cast this season, very stoked..

I died when he gave the Lebowski reference.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realized I forgot how good this show is. Season 4 already. The cast of characters is off the charts good. Has to be more than a dozen interwoven recurring characters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone else continuing to watch this season? seems a little listless to me.

Stout

Reaction score
anyone else continuing to watch this season? seems a little listless to me.

I'm actually digging it quite a bit. It was time to break away from the 'criminal organization of the season' schtick. I love that Raylan is really straying from the law, taking his character in a darker direction. I also love that Boyd is a little out of his element, trying to feel his way through waters deeper than he's used to traveling. Yes, it's a lot more loose than in past seasons, but that's not a negative for me at this point.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still watching. I was hoping for a little more play out of Boyd and the preacher, but the season has been entertaining.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still watching. I was hoping for a little more play out of Boyd and the preacher, but the season has been entertaining.

yeah... i was getting a There Will Be Blood feeling with that storyline, then it just went... POOF!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose