Justified: City Primeval (FX | Hulu)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A new miniseries taking inspiration from the Elmore Leonard novel City Primeval: High Noon in Detroit.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in. Huge fan of Justified (and anything by Elmore Leonard).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Enjoying this so far. City Primeval was printed in 1980. Meaning he wrote this in the seventies. Some of the scenes I know have been written to modern sensibilities. Just think about a southern guy wearing a cowboy hat in Detroit in the seventies. That's a whole different world than today. Black and white people weren't that chummy, I am guessing.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was a big fan of the original series, so much so I named my dog after Raylan. This series sucks bad. The main bad guy is a cartoon. His daughter is beyond annoying. Every scene with her is excruciating.

And to top it off, they force Raylan into an interracial relationship with an actress who was a clear miscast to play a believable love interest for him. To be clear, I have no problem with Raylan having an interracial love interest, but there no way his character would go for the actress they cast. She's a fine actress, but it's not believable considering what we know about Raylan. There are plenty of actresses who would've fit the bill.

This series is a massive disappointment. I don't think I'll finish.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA