DCU: Justice League

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: I really liked it! There were things I didn't like, but I loved the humor, The Flash was HILARIOUS... "Hmmm someone who looks like me but who is definitely not me. A handsome young Jewish boy tho!" rofl

People seemed to like it. The theater was full of laughs and cheers. I think the critics are seriously out to get this movie. There were some typical Zach Snyder cringey moments, but I was prepared for the slo mo and someone reeled him in.

Honestly I thought the first 10 minutes were extremely weak and everything after that was fine, good, and some great moments. I went in with the expectation that it was going to be horrible and for a bit there it looked like I was right but then I really got into it. IDK just my opinion.

The Lasso scene with Aquaman was great as well.

I also was fine with how they brought Superman back. I honestly just expected him to appear out of nowhere when they needed him most. But the story of them bringing him back along with the moral confrontation between Wonder Woman and Batman was really well done. It was a believable mechanism for him to be brought back within the Universe and I REALLY liked the 5 minutes of evil Superman.

Batmans line of: Oh yeah, something is definitely bleeding.

Again the Flash: "We're not going to have a Pet Semetary situation are we?" ROFL!

I honestly dont get how Thor could get lauded by critics and this gets totally panned. If I had a choice to see either again I'd see JL over Thor Rag...

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: I really liked it! There were things I didn't like, but I loved the humor, The Flash was HILARIOUS... "Hmmm someone who looks like me but who is definitely not me. A handsome young Jewish boy tho!" rofl

People seemed to like it. The theater was full of laughs and cheers. I think the critics are seriously out to get this movie. There were some typical Zach Snyder cringey moments, but I was prepared for the slo mo and someone reeled him in.

Honestly I thought the first 10 minutes were extremely weak and everything after that was fine, good, and some great moments.

The Lasso scene with Aquaman was great as well.

I also was fine with how they brought Superman back. I honestly just expected him to appear out of nowhere when they needed him most. But the story of them bringing him back along with the moral confrontation between Wonder Woman and Batman was really well done. It was a believable mechanism for him to be brought back within the Universe and I REALLY liked the 5 minutes of evil Superman.

Batmans line of: Oh yeah, something is definitely bleeding.

Again the Flash: "We're not going to have a Pet Semetary situation are we?" ROFL!

I honestly dont get how Thor could get lauded by critics and this gets totally panned. If I had a choice to see either again I'd see JL over Thor Rag...
yeah... Barry was awesome...and I agree about the aquaman lasso moment... there was applause after the movie,.. but like I said it was early and there were not many of us in there.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
FYI... there are TWO post credit scenes

Crap I didn't stay because there weren't any after BvS. I'll have to google what they were. Thanks for the heads up!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
yeah... Barry was awesome...and I agree about the aquaman lasso moment... there was applause after the movie,.. but like I said it was early and there were not many of us in there.

LoL
"It's like a cave,,,,,,, a BAT CAVE!!!"

lol the guy killed me every time he was on screen.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
LoL

the look on his face when he saw amnesia supes watching him run behind him, lol...total oh poo... the kid just cracked me up... he was kinda like an irritating half ******** little brother that never shuts up, cant help but love the kid

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
LoL

oh dude...
I had to roar out loud when supes says to Lois, "mom says you are the thirstiest woman she has ever seen".... "oh,..hungriest"... the look on Lois' face, lmao

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read an article that the movie was utterly humorless until Whedon rewrites and that Snyder had pulled Joss in earlier than people realize for those rewrites. The article said at least a 3rd of the script went through changes and that Whedon’s post production was more about integrating that humor.

The rest of the movie and the overall vision didn’t change. Joss wanted to deliver Snyder’s vision.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I just read an article that the movie was utterly humorless until Whedon rewrites and that Snyder had pulled Joss in earlier than people realize for those rewrites. The article said at least a 3rd of the script went through changes and that Whedon’s post production was more about integrating that humor.

The rest of the movie and the overall vision didn’t change. Joss wanted to deliver Snyder’s vision.
For the most part it worked out. Like I said before, you could really see Whedon reeling Snyder in. He was like; 'ok dude, I'll give you the credit sequence, you can do the whole thing in slo-mo with droning music,,, but after that we gotta get this train rolling...'

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
oh dude...
I had to roar out loud when supes says to Lois, "mom says you are the thirstiest woman she has ever seen".... "oh,..hungriest"... the look on Lois' face, lmao

Yes!!! So freakin funny.

I loved Cyborg's evolution in this film and sorry, I'm not putting this in spoilers, but for you Dads out there who have watched Teen Titans with your kids.... They even got a BOOYAH! In there for Cyborg, which I'm sure will seem silly to non-watchers/non-comic readers but seriously that was fan-service at it's best. The theater I was in like 10 fellow nerds all died laughing when he said Booyah! Haha. Good times.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This looks like a steaming pile of crap. Are the whole movie's action sequences done in super slow mo?
there wasnt excessive slow mo..I aint a fan... but they did some,...and they dropped a few scenes so slow that they were "comic book panels"... which I guess is okay for a comic book movie... but IMO,... the slow mo was okay, not overdone... much of it was to show what Flash was doing

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justice League

Release date: November 17, 2017
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Zack Snyder
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of sci-fi violence and action)
Screenwriters: Chris Terrio, Joss Whedon
Genre: Action, Adventure
Website: JusticeLeagethemovie.com| Facebook| Twitter| UnitetheLeague.com

Starring: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, Willem Dafoe, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, J.K. Simmons, Ciaran Hinds, Amber Heard, Kiersey Clemons

Plot Summary: Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not terrible, not good. Just meh... with easily the worst villain in comic book history.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not terrible, not good. Just meh... with easily the worst villain in comic book history.
I haven’t seen it yet, but the worst villain comment is really disappointing. Marvel’s worst quality are it’s villains, and with Batman’s stable of villains, DC SHOULD be better. If DC suffers from the same villain problems, that does not bode well for future superhero movies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen it yet, but the worst villain comment is really disappointing. Marvel’s worst quality are it’s villains, and with Batman’s stable of villains, DC SHOULD be better. If DC suffers from the same villain problems, that does not bode well for future superhero movies.

He's literally non existent save four scenes and sets up the beginning of his world domination in the most laughable place possible so DC doesn't have to worry about one of the biggest criticisms of their first couple films.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I did like was Elfman’s score evoking the old classic Superman and Batman themes in a couple spots.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Right there with you on the meh. My buddy wanted to rip it apart after, and I told him it was horrible, but it didn't even inspire me to want to rip it apart. I was just meh. So many laughably bad moments, and I fell asleep during a major scene. Not a good sign.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not terrible. Not great. Dig the fact they pulled out old Batman and Superman scores. The best part is they Wonder Woman kick ass.

the fact the she was able to even battle Superman before he eventually ended it was fantastic in my opinion. The more they center on WW the more likely these will be successful. Too bad WW didn’t have a great super villain.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not terrible. Not great. Dig the fact they pulled out old Batman and Superman scores. The best part is they Wonder Woman kick ass.

the fact the she was able to even battle Superman before he eventually ended it was fantastic in my opinion. The more they center on WW the more likely these will be successful. Too bad WW didn’t have a great super villain.
I get the impression they may be planning to kill off bats... he was pushing wonder woman to lead...and his comments in regards to how hard it is on him to keep fighting crime...
I was never a JL die hard... but Batmans main function was "Leader" wasnt it??

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the impression they may be planning to kill off bats... he was pushing wonder woman to lead...and his comments in regards to how hard it is on him to keep fighting crime...
I was never a JL die hard... but Batmans main function was "Leader" wasnt it??

Affleck wants out for sure. I doubt they kill him though. This movie losing money will probably lead to several reboots/rethinks in the DC universe. The only sure things right now for DC is WW2 and Aquaman, since it's already in production.

The biggest problem with this movie was it was just so damn BLAND. Literally, just a CGI villain, no one knew and made zero impact. No amazing set-piece that people could talk about like the Airport brawl in Civil War. No big surprises... except how weird Superman's CGI face looked in some of the obvious reshoots where they had to eras his mustache... a hodge-podge look to the movie that veered from real to cartoonish.

It was just so damn MEH. I got home from the movie and The Dark Knight ended up being on and I watched five minutes of it and a scene between Jim Gordon and Ramirez was literally more interesting than anything in this movie save Wonder Woman's first kick-ass scene that we already saw in the previews.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose